<ADMIN> Fri 23rd August - Major Forum Software Upgrade & Scheduled Downtime

Will take some getting used to, but always appreciate the effort!

Sadly, animated gifs don't appear to work!

@dsio - Thanks again for your efforts. It's interesting that you say THF has had its most active year, I'm curious about the metrics used to measure this. Is it number of posts, number of views, number of new members or other?

Except for new members wanting to check the authenticity of their TAGs, my perception is that the overall activity has been relatively flat. Or in some respects, may have even shrunk in terms of the number of members who post frequently and on a regular basis.
Just to answer this, there have been google traffic records set in several months this year and users active records set as well, we’re hoping to be able to encourage more people to join in but there are far more viewers thats for sure

New look? It’s different and growing on me, clearer and defined, thanks guys fir your work.

The new look is quite sleek. A change in the right direction

Will take some getting used to, but always appreciate the effort!

Sadly, animated gifs don't appear to work!

Oh no! Gifs is an important part of life 🫨

Just to answer this, there have been google traffic records set in several months this year and users active records set as well, we’re hoping to be able to encourage more people to join in but there are far more viewers thats for sure
I can well believe there's more people viewing than joining, must be quite daunting to join if all you have is an old quartz F1 or something. Or maybe people just come looking for information... like manuals etc.

I can well believe there's more people viewing than joining, must be quite daunting to join if all you have is an old quartz F1 or something. Or maybe people just come looking for information... like manuals etc.
I remember before joining I used to for a long time frequently just read threads and drool over wruw and gallery photos

I'm still getting Omega though, not that it really matters...

I remember before joining I used to for a long time frequently just read threads and drool over wruw and gallery photos
And eventually you thought, that Aquagraph guy is so freaking cool, I will join and make friends with him and eventually visit his country!

I'm still getting Omega though, not that it really matters...
Yea thats on the list to fix, we think we know how but will get to it tomorrow

Yea thats on the list to fix, we think we know how but will get to it tomorrow
No worries. Thanks again for all you've done.

Thanks for all your hard work on the forum. One thing I noticed is that in the Members section, I think OF members are now being included in the stats, whereas before it just showed people who had posted on the THF.

Thanks for all your hard work on the forum. One thing I noticed is that in the Members section, I think OF members are now being included in the stats, whereas before it just showed people who had posted on the THF.
That we’ve noticed too and the module which provides that, we’re lodging that bug with, it may take a bit longer to solve better we have to wait on a vendor for that particular module

Looks nice.

Just some feedback:
I was obviously logged out when the server went down, but on attempting to get logged back in I had the following issues:

Firstly: when attempting to use the "Forgotten password" page, the form did NOT show a "Captcha" of any sort, but when I put in my details and pressed the submit button, an error came up saying that the Captcha wasn't filled in, so I was unable to continue.

Secondly: when I attempted to make a new account (in order to get into the forum to report the issue above), I had a similar issue: the Sign up form is also not showing a Captcha of any sort, and it's not possible to progress without filling one in.

I was going to give it a few days then try to get hold of a forum member via Facebook to report the above issue, but then had another go and remembered my password. 😀

FWIW: I'm on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04), and using Chrome (Version 127.0.6533.119).

Our gratitude to @dsio and @Trev once again for their hard work and dedication to keep our communities running smoothly!

Solid changes, Feels like an app.

My only suggestion would be to give the comments some breathing room in between. Will prob get used to it, but currently feels a little dense visually.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm guessing the record viewing months coincided with certain TAG Heuer releases that were/are of high interest.

For example, I noticed that the 60th Anniversary Carrera Panda release (Jan 2023) brought in new users and comments from many who don't normally post much.

I also have a hunch that May 2024 was another record-breaking month in forum viewership, which coincided with the TAG Heuer x KITH Formula1 re-issue. But not many (if any) new users posting about it, since the reaction from incumbent THF members was pretty harsh on the KITH-Heuer branding and pricing.

Solid changes, Feels like an app.

My only suggestion would be to give the comments some breathing room in between. Will prob get used to it, but currently feels a little dense visually.
Agreed. A little bit of white space between individual posts would help.

E.g.