A "Plethora" of Tag Heuer 1000 Based Projects Completed!

A lot of people may be offended by Franken-Watches, but to me, I don't see the sense in it. I really got into this hobby because I came at it from the perspective of an engineer (this has the same size, this could fit in here, etc) but also that of somebody who wanted something unique and interesting. I'm all about something that has thought and design that are tweaked to my tastes. So I've produced the following projects, I've found people are pretty interested in what I have come up with (which is awesome!) so I'll share some of the latest and available projects!! Enjoy!

Tag Heuer 1000 GMT Blue Dial:
This project was found as a broken 980.613b, the hands were in rough shape and the watch had taken on water. The insert was fading fast as well. I replaced the insert, cleaned up the dial, and modded the movement, adding a GMT hand from a 1500 GMT, turning it to a fully working GMT. The result was incredible. It is hard to get a picture that really gives the dial the proper justice.
https://www.simonwatchcompany.com/product-page/tag-heuer-1000-gmt-980-613b-no-band

Heuer 1000 Jack-O-Lantern
After about a year, I finally was able to track down an Orange Heuer dial in midsize. I stored it away until I found inspiration for a project with it. It didn't take long. One of my friends on instagram ( @heuerrooklyn ), posted an orange dial Heuer 1000 in a black PVD case and I instantly fell in love. I wanted to find a late model Tag PVD case for the project so that the watch would have the far more modern and serviceable ETA 955.112, and I did, at this point assembly was pretty straightforward, adding a new mineral glass and cleaning up the watch casing. The result was pretty neat and came out exactly how my friend had imagined!
https://www.simonwatchcompany.com/product-page/heuer-1000-orange-jack-o-lantern-black-pvd-custom

Tag Heuer 1000 James Bond Automatic
This is my favorite project by far. In my mind, this is what the Tag Heuer 1000 really should have been (big opinion here haha). A compact, functional, dive watch, with crisp styling and an automatic movement. This project began with an extra Gen.I PVD case, and Tag Heuer band that I had from picking up parts here and there on eBay auctions. I cleaned up the case, freeing the solidified bezel and measured the inside of the watch. I then found out that the ETA 2824 fits absolutely perfect. I then tracked down a Tag Heuer 1000 luminous dial (I took careful attention to not buy one that had quartz on the dial because that would make me go nuts), and a set of black Rolex sub style hands to fit the ETA movement. I then found a movement on eBay which I believe to be a really good clone because the real deal was nowhere to be found (except for a whooping 250$) and got to assembling. It looked amazing. The movement worked perfectly, not losing a minute of time in a week of daily wear. I love this watch, I would almost hope it never sells so I can keep it!
https://www.simonwatchcompany.com/p...uminous-james-bond-automatic-black-pvd-custom

Well anyways, thats a little bit about each of my projects that I have completed last month, I hope everyone enjoyed the quick read and take a look at the watches in whole on my site! I'd love to just talk about them, so please let me know your thoughts! Have a great day everyone!

- Tyler Simon ( www.simonwatchcompany.com )

Love the GMT blue dial :thumbsup:

Thanks! I need to get it in the light box, hopefully that will bring out that beautiful dial in all its glory.

A lot of people may be offended by Franken-Watches, but to me, I don't see the sense in it. I really got into this hobby because I came at it from the perspective of an engineer (this has the same size, this could fit in here, etc) but also that of somebody who wanted something unique and interesting. I'm all about something that has thought and design that are tweaked to my tastes. So I've produced the following projects, I've found people are pretty interested in what I have come up with (which is awesome!) so I'll share some of the latest and available projects!! Enjoy!

This project was found as a broken 980.613b, the hands were in rough shape and the watch had taken on water. The insert was fading fast as well. I replaced the insert, cleaned up the dial, and modded the movement, adding a GMT hand from a 1500 GMT, turning it to a fully working GMT. The result was incredible. It is hard to get a picture that really gives the dial the proper justice.
https://www.simonwatchcompany.com/product-page/tag-heuer-1000-gmt-980-613b-no-band

After about a year, I finally was able to track down an Orange Heuer dial in midsize. I stored it away until I found inspiration for a project with it. It didn't take long. One of my friends on instagram ( @heuerrooklyn ), posted an orange dial Heuer 1000 in a black PVD case and I instantly fell in love. I wanted to find a late model Tag PVD case for the project so that the watch would have the far more modern and serviceable ETA 955.112, and I did, at this point assembly was pretty straightforward, adding a new mineral glass and cleaning up the watch casing. The result was pretty neat and came out exactly how my friend had imagined!
https://www.simonwatchcompany.com/product-page/heuer-1000-orange-jack-o-lantern-black-pvd-custom

This is my favorite project by far. In my mind, this is what the Tag Heuer 1000 really should have been (big opinion here haha). A compact, functional, dive watch, with crisp styling and an automatic movement. This project began with an extra Gen.I PVD case, and Tag Heuer band that I had from picking up parts here and there on eBay auctions. I cleaned up the case, freeing the solidified bezel and measured the inside of the watch. I then found out that the ETA 2824 fits absolutely perfect. I then tracked down a Tag Heuer 1000 luminous dial (I took careful attention to not buy one that had quartz on the dial because that would make me go nuts), and a set of black Rolex sub style hands to fit the ETA movement. I then found a movement on eBay which I believe to be a really good clone because the real deal was nowhere to be found (except for a whooping 250$) and got to assembling. It looked amazing. The movement worked perfectly, not losing a minute of time in a week of daily wear. I love this watch, I would almost hope it never sells so I can keep it!
https://www.simonwatchcompany.com/p...uminous-james-bond-automatic-black-pvd-custom

Well anyways, thats a little bit about each of my projects that I have completed last month, I hope everyone enjoyed the quick read and take a look at the watches in whole on my site! I'd love to just talk about them, so please let me know your thoughts! Have a great day everyone!

Great work!

Brilliant. Love the GMT. Hope to see more of your projects.

Personalisation is the new thing Mr Biver tells us... maybe you will become the next Bamford!:cool:

Personalisation is the new thing Mr Biver tells us... maybe you will become the next Bamford!:cool:

I like Bamford, and I certainly like how they started making their own creations. They just haven't been quite my style, I prefer my watches a bit more traditional if that makes sense. I'm absolutely in love with the original Rolex tool watches and making things by hand like Weiss watch company over in LA. Perhaps I could combine my love for both one day....

Brilliant. Love the GMT. Hope to see more of your projects.

I have a few in the works right now that will hopefully be done in one or two weeks! It's a bit of gold, automatic, and red! Hint Hint!! :thumbsup:

I have a few in the works right now that will hopefully be done in one or two weeks! It's a bit of gold, automatic, and red! Hint Hint!! :thumbsup:

You might well find some customers here on this forum... good luck!

My man! Keep up the great work. Hope to work on a project with you soon.

You might well find some customers here on this forum... good luck!

Perhaps
My man! Keep up the great work. Hope to work on a project with you soon.

Would be a pleasure! You know where to find me! ;)