Forums Latest Members
  1. Zuhair2706

Zuhair2706 Dec 17, 2023

Hello everyone!

I have been very fortunate to have purchased my first vintage Tag! It is a Tag Heur 1000 980.013N. It's running extremely fast and I've been told that for a vintage quartz Tag Heur like this, it usually means instead of servicing it (which is what I thought would be needed because of the automatic watches I'm used to), I'll need to bring it in for a movement swap. This is a little daunting to me and I would like as much information as possible.

I'd like to know:
    - Where or who I can send the watch (I currently live in the GTA of Canada)
    - How much I would be looking to spend
    - Any other part-replacement information, such as getting a newer bezel/jubilee band (mine has a navy blue bezel which is gorgeous but worn and the band doesn't fit my wrist without utilizing the diving extension)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0582.JPG
  2. TAG1000Diver.com

TAG1000Diver.com Dec 18, 2023

Hi, movement swaps on these are pretty straightforward and they use a common movement (eta 955.112 or 955.114). Most watchmakers should be able to get these though they are allegedly discontinued and their costs keep going up. A more modern upgrade (and less expensive) would be the eta F06.111 but I prefer the older type.

We service the 1000 series specifically and for clients all over the world. It’s a common job and turnaround time is typically less than a week depending on workload. Pricing varies depending on which option you go with and when it is done though we can provide a quote prior to sending in or doing the work.

Also available are bezel inserts and jubilee bracelets:

https://www.tag1000diver.com/produc...-013-tag-heuer-1000-bezel-insert-matte-finish

https://www.tag1000diver.com/produc...m-1000-models-980-013-980-613-980-113-980-913

spare links for your original bracelet are also an option since it sounds like yours is just too small though replacing the bracelet would give you fresh links throughout and you’d be able to swap over your Tag Heuer signed upper clasp cover.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Justin
    TAG1000Diver.com

3. Martin Widén

Martin Widén May 18, 2024 8:32am

Old thread but i'll try.

I have a Tag Heuer 1000 with a 963.116 movement that stopped working today. Can i swap this for a 955.112 or 955.114?

love your bezel inserts by the way (have ordered 3 of them).