25% Off a Monaco Anyone?

Proof that these aren’t selling at £6k, I think…

@McBeardy thats a killer price on the CAW211P. Never seen this model being freely advertised on sale - could it now be on the road to discontinuation?

Happy Christmas everyone. I know I posted about the gulf, and I can get a smallish discount on it but these have got me thinking - esp the CAW211P being more like the original.

man I right in thinking the dial is matte, but it’s a bit thinner also?

A really good price for the CAW211P. Lucky me I sold my 2018 model for £ 4000 just in time!!!

@McBeardy thats a killer price on the CAW211P. Never seen this model being freely advertised on sale - could it now be on the road to discontinuation?
I'm really rooting for a left hand in-house movement if these were to get incarnated. I don't think LVMH would completely discontinue the closest model to the flagship - they've milked that cow long enough to stop now

Spoke to my contact I use at Goldsmiths, said he’d price match & I just need to arrange going in this week.

Just rechecked the webpage and now out of stock so doubt they’ll honour it.

If they do great, if they don’t then so be it.

I may pick up the silver Carrera instead (Monaco currently would be a push financially for a year, but doable). Also keeping catching the Mrs silver dial Tudor @Jim Dollares you are right they look splendid
Edited:

I don't think they ever discontinue the CAW211P, unless the true Calibre 11 redux comes to fruition.

Yes, @imagwai posted about it here;

The chunkin
Yes, @imagwai posted about it here;

The chunkiness of it is one of the hallmarks of the Monaco's design. I don't think they should feel any pressure to try to make it something that it's not.

How long can they keep selling it at a premium over the in house Heuer 02 though? Scratch that, how long can they sell it at £6000?

How long can they keep selling it at a premium over the in house Heuer 02 though? Scratch that, how long can they sell it at £6000?

For many, the things the Cal 11 version brings to the table outweigh the technical superiority of the Cal 02.

For me, the left-hand crown, the horizontal indices, the matte blue dial and the connection to what made Monaco iconic is what I was after.

While it is absolutely true that there have been many right-hand crown Monocos over the years, even dating from the 1970s, It was the left-hand crown versions that I've always been drawn to.

And the fact that the current Cal 11 version is a modular chronograph, just like the original - even if the new one is Sellita-based - was appealing to me.

It would be interesting to see them flip the 02 180-degrees, though, and do a left hand crown version of that. That is all they did to create the modern version of the Calibre 12 a few years ago, following the relaunch of the Calibre 11.

It's a 'More than the sum of it's parts' thing for me.

That said, I have to imagine that they are pricing all Monacos in a way that they are putting the retail up at $7, 000-plus now, fully well-knowing that they are going to sell them for 5k.

I wonder how many more customers there are out there though, who haven't already got one, who are more invested in the old model over the new one?

I wonder how many more customers there are out there though, who haven't already got one, who are more invested in the old model over the new one?

That is a good point. It has been in the lineup unchanged since 2015. I'd love to know how many have been produced up to this point in time.

I have been trying to track Monaco production numbers for all the the left-hand crown variants and that is one they have never made any claims about. The rest of the modern left-hand crown versions, though have not accounted for that many watches - as most were limited, editions made only in designated small batches.

Most of which were probably bought by people who already own the SMQ I should think.... people like Hubert.

Most of which were probably bought by people who already own the SMQ I should think.... people like Hubert.

There have only been 17 total reference numbers of left-hand crown Monacos, since they launched it in 2009. 13 of those 17 watches were limited production units, totaling 5,105 total watches over ~13 years. Not too many.

The remaining 4 were normal production models that were not made in limited numbers, but I have no information on those. Would love to get that someday.