3. CAW211C: Silver Monaco with orange markers
    4. CAW211D: Blue white rally strpes

In theory, the R & D are "special editions", but not marked as limited

2. MonacoMike

MonacoMike Dec 30, 2022

Yep. Those a the 4.

3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 30, 2022

I think there is a continuous flow of new watch nerds getting into the hobby, embracing the extreme brainwashing about heritage bullshit communicated by the Swiss. The classics will probably continute to be popular among nerds. Im guessing the 30 isch members in this forum who own the caw211p are not all 70 years old, who were young in the glory days of Steve McQueen :D

Aquagraph likes this.
  4. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Dec 30, 2022

I can count myself as one who falls in the (relatively) new watch nerd category. I like the history and the development of the C11 movement and the whole first square auto chrono - but I don't see it influencing my decision to buy the OG Monacos. The 211P is a good crossover between the old and new - and something I definitely suggest to a new buyer who wants their first (or only) Monaco.

But honestly, I'm biased towards Monacos (10 piece in now), so I'll always push for a Monaco till they become absolutely sh*t expensive!!!!

5. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 30, 2022

Yes, this is true of any iconic watch. Omega's Moonwatch will likely always have new customers who want one as they get into the watch collecting hobby. The majority of current buyers probably aren't old enough to have witnessed the Apollo moon landing, but that's besides the point.

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 30, 2022

Are you seriously comparing Steve McQueen starring in a not very amazing film to the greatest achievement of humankind? One of those will be remembered forever...

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 30, 2022

And it's not Le Mans.

8. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 30, 2022

I could be wrong but I don't think Neil Armstrong did anything else that was better, like maybe The Great Escape? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 30, 2022

Again, that's besides the point. There are many classics (Rolex Submariner, Cartier Tank, Breitling Navitimer etc.) that will always have new buyers. The brands will use their history to appeal to new customers.

Having said that, for me personally as a "motor head", the movie Le Mans has more sway than the moon landing.

10. HeuerLondon88

HeuerLondon88 Dec 31, 2022

Out of interest, where did you sell yours?

11. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Dec 31, 2022

Chrono24. I almost exclusively sell and buy my watches there. They charge 6.5% commission (for sales), but its worth the security.

12. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 31, 2022

Hey, not 70, yet! Frankly, even without the SMcQ connection I would have bought the watch, liked the Monaco since it’s first model release and the blue was just different enough to attract me.

Edited Jan 1, 2023
  13. McBeardy

McBeardy Dec 31, 2022

Well I’ll be joining the club very soon, deposit paid & managed to get the price match of 25% off.

Now this probably means TH will release an Ho2 model left crown soon!

Also to add, McQueen association doesn’t mean anything to me nor motorsport, I just like the design and looks of the watch.

Edited Dec 31, 2022
  14. Yago

Yago Dec 31, 2022

A Monaco is intended to be chunky, although given the short lugs even small wristers like me can get away with wearing one. However they’re not supposed to be thick… they never were. Official photos and watch reviews are all so geared towards head on photos. Slab sides are a real turnoff for me. My friend’s Tudor GMT looks about double as thick as my Explorer II with basically the same calibre.
    The H02 Monacos are also too thick by any standard. A hockey puck on the wrist. Charlie’s analysis of ever bloating Monacos just proves how little TAG Heuer cares about this.
    If they discontinue the current MCQ for a H02 version I’d be quick to secure one now.

paysdoufs and Mspeedster like this.
  15. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 31, 2022

To give credit where credit is due, the numbers Charlie referenced came from DC's (@Calibre11) article on the H02 Monaco and how the thickness has increased with each version. I miss that guy.

16. stevec14

stevec14 Dec 31, 2022

Congratulations! They came back in stock on Ernest jones earlier. I had one in basket, dithered for half an hour and then they had gone again! So never mind.

looking forward to the pics when you get it

McBeardy likes this.
  17. McBeardy

McBeardy Jan 1, 2023

Thanks, oddly I’m now having second thoughts, crazy huh, a watch I’ve coveted for over 2yrs, love pictures, tried on numerous times. But now slightly unsure.

Partly also I seem to really want the greyman Carreras, partly more neutral and classic on design.

18. stevec14

stevec14 Jan 1, 2023

Hopefully you will enjoy it when it arrives. It’s a lovely watch. I assume you could return it if required also.

I am going to wait for what happens this year and take my time with one. I want a Monaco but can’t decide which one really (I went back and tried the gulf on again and was less keen). That’s usually a sign to wait.

McBeardy likes this.
  19. RushDom

RushDom Jan 1, 2023

Relax, you will love it. One of the most iconic models - a grail for many - will soon be yours. Doesn’t get much more awesome than that. What a way to start 2023!

Plus, you got it at a killer price - so if you want to move it on in future you’ll take less of a hit. Silver linings etc, etc… :)

Mspeedster, McBeardy and stevec14 like this.
  20. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 1, 2023

Congrats, sure once you have it the desire will become love and it’ll be a keeper.

I’ve noticed at race meetings more folk recognise it than elsewhere when folk comment on it’s shape as unusual.