2024 TAG Heuer Carrera Porsche 963 (CBU2010.FT6267)

Very cool @Hubert.

Can we see it side on from both sides? I am intrigued to see the case design in the real world.

Yes, the 917 and other vintage Porsche racecars used a tubular chassis, but not so on the modern racers like the 963. The marketing actually says the sub-dials are supposed to be like the headlights.
CBU2010 lume.jpg

Which again is wrong for the 963.
porsche963_front_high light.jpg

But they do mimic the pattern on some Porsche road cars, like the 911. Which I think is cool.
992 lights.jpg

But coming back to the 917, that's actually one of my pet peeves. I think TAG is missing an opportunity by not leveraging the Porsche partnership for the Monaco.

As I've said many times before, I'd love to see a Monaco x Porsche 917 x Gulf watch. If they used the tubular skeleton design on a Gulf Monaco Skeleton x Porsche 917, it would make a lot more sense. I get why TAG wants to focus on the Porsche 963, as it's the Le Mans racer that they currently sponsor. But there's still room for the Monaco IMHO.
917.jpg
img_1681-jpeg.1797674
The moral of the story is…watch brands should stop coming up with elaborate back stories for their watches and focus on selling them on their actual merits…or at the very least make sure the back story is factual.

The moral of the story is…watch brands should stop coming up with elaborate back stories for their watches and focus on selling them on their actual merits…or at the very least make sure the back story is factual.
Oh yes, and this watch is so cool, unique and good looking that it can definitely stand on its own merits as a mega cool piece :thumbsup:

My fav feature of this watch is the case with the case profile. And the biiiizel. Dat's some proper sexy shit yuuum

Oh yes, and this watch is so cool, unique and good looking that it can definitely stand on its own merits as a mega cool piece :thumbsup:

My fav feature of this watch is the case with the case profile. And the biiiizel. Dat's some proper sexy shit yuuum

Totally agree. That’s why I asked for the side shots. Can’t wait to see that in proper photos.

It is a bit strange how TAG Heuer keep insisting on making many of their best watches limited editions. They want to make sure that the fans don't get what they want. Or perhaps this release has a halo effect :rolleyes: leading to increased sales of Formula 1 and three hander Carrera

Yeah, but... 99.999% of the people are not Michael and when the salesman tells them the subdials represent the headlights they will just go...
giphy.gif

And when they tell them the dial is based on the tubular chassis, they be like
giphy.gif

It is a bit strange how TAG Heuer keep insisting on making many of their best watches limited editions. They want to make sure that the fans don't get what they want. Or perhaps this release has a halo effect :rolleyes: leading to increased sales of Formula 1 and three hander Carrera

The new Carrera line will have the same Skeleton dial and case. Minus the Porsche branding obviously. New colours too. This model was the preview.

The new Carrera line will have the same Skeleton dial and case. Minus the Porsche branding obviously. New colours too. This model was the preview.

Well if they are also matte like this one then it'll be a hit.

@Hubert - when I tried it on my only curiosity was how other straps would fit with that lug design. Any insights, can you photo the underside of the lugs to see if there's anything going on there?

On the website it looks like just a normal strap. I think the metal part is glued to the strap and comes off with it.

So much for the unique Porsche tubular chassis dial then...

On the website it looks like just a normal strap. I think the metal part is glued to the strap and comes off with it.

I don't recall it being that way, the metal bit was part of the case from what I remember handling it

On the wishlist!
I love that you spend 50-100k dollah per year on TAG Heuer watches but no Porsche? I'm betting Porsche is a bit too cheap and massmarket for a man of your caliber :cool:

I love that you spend 50-100k dollah per year on TAG Heuer watches but no Porsche? I'm betting Porsche is a bit too cheap and massmarket for a man of your caliber :cool:
LOL, I just like my watches more and I don't want to play the added mark-up game to get a Turbo S or a GT3.