2024 TAG Heuer Carrera Porsche 963 (CBU2010.FT6267)

All we really know about him is that he has at least one helicopter. :cautious:

And a LOT of cool watches! :D

I stopped in at the TAG Heuer boutique in Charlotte, NC this afternoon. They had one 963 watch on display, so of course I looked at it. ;)

The sales woman said they only received one, and it was probably the last one available in the US. She even said that corporate wants it back, since it’s in such high demand. :rolleyes: Not sure I really believe all that.

It is a very nice watch, but I just don’t like rubber straps in general and not a fan of cutting the strap to make it fit. So, I left with a titanium Solargraph instead (pics coming soon). :D

I stopped in at the TAG Heuer boutique in Charlotte, NC this afternoon. They had one 963 watch on display, so of course I looked at it. ;)

The sales woman said they only received one, and it was probably the last one available in the US. She even said that corporate wants it back, since it’s in such high demand. :rolleyes: Not sure I really believe all that.

It is a very nice watch, but I just don’t like rubber straps in general and not a fan of cutting the strap to make it fit. So, I left with a titanium Solargraph instead (pics coming soon). :D

Yeah, I wouldn't believe that either. If I had a pound for every time someone told me 'it's the last one anywhere'... I'd have several pounds.
Congrats on the Solargraph.

Two months into it and the 963 pieces are still not sold?

This is great news for watch fans in case someone still is looking to buy one :thumbsup:

Boutique sales staff seem to be instructed to adopt a somewhat dishonest approach, all this talk about limited production, things being sold out without actually being sold out etc.

FYI. For anyone still wanting to buy the Porsche 963 watch, it's showing available again to "ADD TO CART" on the TAG US website.
TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph x Porsche 963 - Steel - 44 mm | TAG Heuer US

My Boutique had given me the impression it was sold out long ago.

This was never going to sell out that quickly. But this also points to the comments I've made about the Seafarer - their strategy with these releases seems to be to 'sell out' of their first allocation, then quietly add the next allocations to stock.

This was never going to sell out that quickly. But this also points to the comments I've made about the Seafarer - their strategy with these releases seems to be to 'sell out' of their first allocation, then quietly add the next allocations to stock.
I've observed this strategy at play too. However, the exception was the Porsche Blue RS2.7 watch, that sucker pre-sold out at the US Boutiques and never became available again on the website in the US. The RS2.7 is still listing for way above retail on the aftermarket as well, although it was limited to 500 vs close to a 1000. So, one never really knows if more allocations will come or not. They usually do, but not always.

I've observed this strategy at play too. However, the exception was the Porsche Blue RS2.7 watch, that sucker pre-sold out at the US Boutiques and never became available again on the website in the US. The RS2.7 is still listing for way above retail on the aftermarket as well, although it was limited to 500 vs close to a 1000. So, one never really knows if more allocations will come or not. They usually do, but not always.

I think what we're seeing is that TAG's market for these things is more than 500 but less than 900 or so. Depending on the watch of course.

The one that got away :(

That's one they should have added in more later, sure they could have sold quite a few more.

The one that got away :(
The irony is, you had lots of time to think about it, as it didn't sellout that quickly in the UK.

The US seemed to get a smaller allocation than usual on the RS2.7, the US Boutiques pre-sold their entire allocation before it was even officially released. I passed on the opportunity to pre-order one, because I felt it was just too expensive compared to other Carrera Elegants. I kept waiting for it to show as "ADD TO CART" on the US website to have a second chance think about it, but it never did show as available.

The irony is, you had lots of time to think about it, as it didn't sellout that quickly in the UK.

I sat with it in my basket from launch to sell out, because I wasn’t sure how the carrera elegant wears, and because I wasn’t sure I could afford it (having just bought my 911). I think the blue RS is the first TH in years I’ve really regretted not buying. With hindsight I should have driven to the nearest AD to try on an elegant, then ordered one.

I sat with it in my basket from launch to sell out, because I wasn’t sure how the carrera elegant wears, and because I wasn’t sure I could afford it (having just bought my 911). I think the blue RS is the first TH in years I’ve really regretted not buying. With hindsight I should have driven to the nearest AD to try on an elegant, then ordered one.
I can totally relate. The timing of the RS release was bad for me as well. I had just purchased the Omega NTTD Seamaster not long before. By the time the RS released, there were rumors that the 60th Anniversary Panda was coming the following year. Even the Panda wasn't an easy call, since my wife wanted a new car.