2024 TAG Heuer Carrera Porsche 963 (CBU2010.FT6267)

I was about to say that there is no way that bezel isn’t carbon.

I actually rather like the use of industrial design, which is a very welcome change from the recent infatuation with the dainty new glassboxes.

Whilst not epic overall, there are some nice design elements for my taste. Only for Porsche owners though, in reality.

Great that it’s not got the usual “One of…” BS numbering too.

There will come also an orange Version.
Reference Numbers: CBU2082.FT6275
How do you like that?

I was about to say that there is no way that bezel isn’t carbon.
Hello, my name is Ben. I own so many carbon watches. I ride carbon bicycles. I only drink whiskey blended with carbon composite. I am carbon expert.

There will come also an orange Version.
Reference Numbers: CBU2082.FT6275
How do you like that?
Nice, so this will be the non Porsche edition ey. What is the price of this one?

IMG_3027.jpeg

Nice, so this will be the non Porsche edition ey. What is the price of this one?

IMG_3027.jpeg
I have no idea about the price and I also found it nowhere else in the Internet...

I have no idea about the price and I also found it nowhere else in the Internet...
It looks a lot better than the Porsche 963 :thumbsup:

Yeah it is pretty fokkin sweet huh. I wonder how it wears, 44mm with those end links look like it might wear long and big
In my book, it should be in grade 5 titanium. Especially at that price point...

And the red (orange?) variant should be on a black strap, IMHO.

And the red (orange?) variant should be on a black strap, IMHO.
Nope. It needs a full carbon bracelet. ;)

In my book, it should be in grade 5 titanium. Especially at that price point...
Yeah I know but grade 5 titanium is luxurious rare material that hardly anyone but Swiss luxury deluxe premium maisons can craft. Grade 5 titanium will cost you at least 10k 'Murican

I remember I read recently on one of the watch advertising sites ("journalistic" watch "reviewers") that titanium is a modern material

upload_2024-6-13_20-37-27.gif

Yeah it is pretty fokkin sweet huh. I wonder how it wears, 44mm with those end links look like it might wear long and big

It wears fairly big on my wrist unfortunately

It wears fairly big on my wrist unfortunately
I can imagine, it looks like a classic stiff rubber that sticks out widely from the case making the wearing experience way bigger than it needs to be. Lug and end link design probably adds a lot to the perceived size.

It is like my Aquaracer, when I put it on the rubber it wears much bigger because the rubber points outwards and doesn't bend/conform to the wrist as one would wish.

IMG_3027.jpeg
Oh dear!
The 963 looks like a killer race watch.
This one looks like a Fischertechnik construction kit watch.

I can imagine, it looks like a classic stiff rubber that sticks out widely from the case making the wearing experience way bigger than it needs to be. Lug and end link design probably adds a lot to the perceived size.

It is like my Aquaracer, when I put it on the rubber it wears much bigger because the rubber points outwards and doesn't bend/conform to the wrist as one would wish.
The live shots from Monochrome illustrates this to be the case, especially for those with slimmer wrists.
First Look: The TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph x Porsche 963 (monochrome-watches.com)

TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Chronograph-x-Porsche-963-skeleton-review-11.jpg

The watch looks large on Dempsey as well.
BB1o9H2g.jpg

At first glance, the dial finish looked rather out of place to me - but it appears static images don't do it justice.

It appears slim but that's rather deceptive considering it's 44mm - that case is a wonderful design. Looks like the orange/titanium one could have a ceramic bezel, too?

The back-lumed date is also really nice - has that been done before?