2024 LVMH Watch Week

Jim just pointed out to me this bezel, it looks like the old WAY bezel, not the WBP bezel. My guess is that it's a ladies model and is the blue background a clue too? Could it be a 30mm quartz turquoise?

34mm Ladies model.
Solargraph movement. I saw a Blue dial, MOP dial and diamond. They look really nice.
I'm no big fan of the Ladies models but these I really like.
Nicely priced as well. Around 3k AUD.

34mm Ladies model.
Solargraph movement. I saw a Blue dial, MOP dial and diamond. They look really nice.

boo

34mm Ladies model.
Nothing in men's sizes? 😕

Presumably whatever this is? Looks like another bloody glassbox judging by the indexes at the bottom.

Presumably whatever this is? Looks like another bloody glassbox judging by the indexes at the bottom.
That's the green/teal Carrera Dato, in new glassbox form. The color is similar to the teal heritage Heuer glassbox, from a few years ago.

Ah yes, I see the date window now. 39mm or 42mm?
39mm

The US Boutiques started their pre-sales on the new Dato about two weeks ago. Supposedly these will be limited in their availability, similar to the Skipper, but not a LE per se.

Can’t blame them for bringing out more versions of the new glass box as it’s clearly been popular for them, but for those of us who aren’t a fan, it’s disappointing when they just keep milking that area of the market.

Given the strong pieces that TAG Heuer released in 2023 utilizing the 42 mm Carrera (formerly Elegant model), I am eager to see what they have in store for us in 2024.

Now I totally agree there. I much prefer that design to the glass box. Definitely.

Given the strong pieces that TAG Heuer released in 2023 utilizing the 42 mm Carrera (formerly Elegant model), I am eager to see what they have in store for us in 2024.
Now I totally agree there. I much prefer that design to the glass box. Definitely.
This guy agrees as well, calling it the near perfect Carrera.

This guy agrees as well, calling it the near perfect Carrera.
Would have to agree there. I do really like that black and gold one with the ceramic bezel, but I must agree that it is starting to look dated already.

It will get rereleased in 60 years though, with everyone raving over it.

I second @McBeardy, boo!
It'll be quite disappointing if the Aquaracers in men sizes are no shows at LVMH watch week.
They still may be. Just not in Boutique yet.
Surely there will be more than just Ladies Aquaracer, Green Dato and Green Connected unveiled.

I think they will dump most of the new stuff at Watches and Wonders, in particular the new F1.

I think they will dump most of the new stuff at Watches and Wonders, in particular the new F1.

boo

I wonder how long it will be before TAG reintroduce the wallets and belts (maybe not the cufflinks) and how long til they introduce a fragrance? Frangrances are probably even more profitable than watches and LVMH have plenty of fragrance houses to concoct the potion. Throw in a bit of Gulf Oil, a lock of Steve's hair, maybe even a cutting off his white overalls, chuck in some flowers from the LCDF car park and stir for 48 hours.

So LVMH Watch Week is from 28th Jan to 1st Feb this year. Does anyone else wonder why it’s called Watch Week, when it’s actually only 5 days? More importantly, why do they not appear to have released anything from any of the brands on the first day?

Surely they’d be better renaming it Watch Weekend and release stuff with more of a fanfare?