2024 LVMH Watch Week

Jim just pointed out to me this bezel, it looks like the old WAY bezel, not the WBP bezel. My guess is that it's a ladies model and is the blue background a clue too? Could it be a 30mm quartz turquoise?

boooo

Jim just pointed out to me this bezel, it looks like the old WAY bezel, not the WBP bezel. My guess is that it's a ladies model and is the blue background a clue too? Could it be a 30mm quartz turquoise?
I mentioned the same thing about the bezel and color, 3 posts prior. I hope it's not just ladies sizes.

A glassbox Aquaracer perhaps?

The more I look at that last photo, the more the shine and shape of the sapphire appears to run closer to the edge of the bezel.

How that would work with a dive bezel is a real question though. 😀

I mentioned the same thing about the bezel and color, 3 posts prior. I hope it's not just ladies sizes.

So you did. In my excitement I must have skipped a few posts

The reason I think it's a ladies watch is because they changed the bezels from brushed to polished on the 30mm models and they still look awful. Plus, what if it's not quartz... what if it's solar? A teal solargraph in 30mm?

The reason I think it's a ladies watch is because they changed the bezels from brushed to polished on the 30mm models and they still look awful. Plus, what if it's not quartz... what if it's solar? A teal solargraph in 30mm?
The new Aquaracer is supposed have an in-house movement. I'd guess either AMT or Kenissi based. Something that has been greatly needed to make the line more competitive against Tudor and others.

Could be that too, but why change the bezel?
If it's got a new movement, why not change the look? Perhaps they've changed the dial too. A fresh style may create more sales, as the old look has been out for a while.

Hopefully, they'll eventually retro fit the entire line with in-house, but my Boutique says not this year.

A glassbox Aquaracer perhaps?

The more I look at that last photo, the more the shine and shape of the sapphire appears to run closer to the edge of the bezel.

How that would work with a dive bezel is a real question though. 😀
I don't think so. I can see where the crystal meets the bezel. Look closely at where I drew an arrow, the bezel is not under the glass.

We presuming another SKU & not a replacement for the 300 or 200?

Grasping at straws but the bezel does look to have a different colour on top rather than all steel.

Reference the glass, not domed, top hat or glassbox, just standard glass on dive watch (well they were) if you look at Rolex Subs the glass sits just proud of the bezel - which I guess is because sapphire stronger than most bezels (not sure on ceramic).

Shame the claps seems to be 200 esq with tool adjustment & not on the fly.

The new Aquaracer is supposed have an in-house movement. I'd guess either AMT or Kenissi based. Something that has been greatly needed to make the line more competitive against Tudor and others.

whoop whoop finally

I think AMT, the lack of on the fly adjustment, it probably has the TH-31 like the solid gold aqua racers...I am more interested in the price point because if the two tone are above $5000 with rubber strap and just a gold bezel...I am guessing at least $4000 to compete with omega aqua terra-- despite blogs and the preception Tudor is not the competition( despite falling out the the top 10, Tag still and always have surpass Tudour in sales)

I think AMT, the lack of on the fly adjustment, it probably has the TH-31 like the solid gold aqua racers...I am more interested in the price point because if the two tone are above $5000 with rubber strap and just a gold bezel...I am guessing at least $4000 to compete with omega aqua terra-- despite blogs and the preception Tudor is not the competition( despite falling out the the top 10, Tag still and always have surpass Tudour in sales)
It will be interesting to see how these are priced. Clearly TAG wants to be perceived as a competitor of Omega and the likes, but they are not there yet (IMHO).

When I think of the Aquaracer and dive watches in specific, I feel that Tudor with their BlackBay & Pelagos lines have been more of a direct competitor vs. the Omega Seamaster series, in terms of price. But maybe this new Aquaracer is meant to take the fight to Omega? We'll see.

more interested in the price point because if the two tone are above $5000 with rubber strap and just a gold bezel
Not comparable though, the two tone has the sw200.

The current price for a sw200 professional 300 is 3500 dollaz. A new version powered by an inside house (made by a third party 🙄) movement would make most sense priced above 5k in my opinion.

Btw, the Silverstone is celebrating it's 50th this year
I realised that when I got the Chrono24 newsletter about important watch anniversaries in 2024. Quite sure we won't see a 50th anniversary Silverstone coming out this year ......

If we do it will be made of purple carbon fibre and on a textile strap.