2024 LVMH Watch Week

Revolution video with TAG's new CEO
A split second Monaco would possibly come in a titanium case, staying true to the OW23 design, retailing for at least £ 15,000. It would be a cool piece if the size were to be kept at 39mm. Maybe something to look forward to

Yeah, I don't think it needs the LCD digital windows. Just capturing the spirit of how Senna's watch looked would be enough for me.

Here's my rough concept:
- Update the Link with a modern more angular sporty case and bezel design.
- Use elements of both the Senna S/el and Senna's own design for the Senna 6000, the only Senna watch he actually helped design.
- The original S/el was positioned at the top of the pecking order when it was released. So similarly, this should be a premium watch, not an entry level F1 quartz. I'd like to see a COSC TH-20 used as the movement.
- My concept would use 18k gold accents and a sunburst dial, with the racing flag motif and Senna "S" as on the Senna 6000. I would also darken the sub-dials to give a Panda-ish look.
- I'd include both a brown leather calf strap and the Senna S-Link bracelet.
- The icing on the cake would be to use a Senna Helmet as the watch box. Similar to how the Jacky Ickx Easy Rider came in a Heuer Helmet case.
- 2024 is the 30th Anniversary of Senna's passing, so it's the perfect time to release such a watch and re-launch the entire Link line.
20240210_215701.jpg
How cool! Love that you did this.

I caught 3 major hints of future watches coming:
1. Production models of the Only Watch Monaco Rattrapante (even though an image of the earlier Only Watch Skeleton was shown)
2. A new Senna S/el ana-digi tribute of some kind
3. Return to the original F1, or something like it

I'm most excited and curious about the Senna model!!! :thumbsup::whistling:
Out of those three, the one I would be most excited about would be a collection of retro F1s at a sub-1K USD price.

An interesting take on the new glassbox being the saviour of TAG Heuer and stealing the show at Watches and Wonders 2023. He then goes on to say that the past year of TAG Heuer has really turned things around and suggests what came before isn’t great design wise, which predominantly suggests the previous glassbox was not great.

Whilst the glassbox isn’t for me, I personally feel that the previous version is way better than the new version, which is saying something for someone who prefers modern over vintage normally.

it’s good to see TAG Heuer getting praise, don’t get me wrong, I just feel that this current crop of content is disingenuous because most are blind to lots of pieces which they haven’t paid attention to because of the snobbery around the name.

He proves this by pointing out how much he liked the Jack Heuer 80th was the “first Swiss watch I ever considered pulling the trigger on”, but yet it seems he didn’t actually buy it as shows of his Zenith instead.

We won’t go into the comment about the simplicity that “it gives you everything you need and nothing you don’t”, when we can all see it’s not a pared back simply design and there’s lots that could have been done differently.

The more I see videos praising the Dato the stronger I feel about my 3/10 rating.

It is confusing though that the new glassbox is being hailed so highly when the previous glassbox was everyone's favourite.

Perhaps it's just the novelty factor of that bezel? Gives them something to talk about, even though it looks like a dog's breakfast.

It is confusing though that the new glassbox is being hailed so highly when the previous glassbox was everyone's favourite.
That’s really my point. They refer to this new version as the saviour, but clearly the previous version was a lot more popular with enthusiasts in comparison. It’s not my style, but I do see the attraction. New version, no chance.

Then these influencers come along and convince everyone otherwise. I genuinely believe that this is where TAG Heuer are winners over the past year. Their success in getting these people talking about them is the real success. How they’ve done that, we will likely never know, but they’ve either made it worth a few people’s while financially with others following or…they’ve played a blinder in talking the talk with them at these events and they’ve done it off their own back to keep themselves relevant during the low time in the industry right now.

Not aimed at you @Mspeedster for posting btw. Just find these videos are an interesting talking point.

A great example of them jumping on the bandwagon is they are predominantly talking about the new glassbox all these videos, when that truly excellent Ikuzawa goes under the radar as it’s not clickbait enough.

I was thinking how strange it is that over the last 12-18 months, sentiment has inverted from the forum loving TH designs and influencers hating them. Maybe this is where the marketing money that used to run this forum went?

It is kinda funny, because all along we've been told what TAG Heuer should be doing and yet they've completely ignored the message from the forum and somehow it's worked. And they've managed to unite all the different parts of the forum in hating the new watches - hahahahahahaha. It's a miracle.

Oh and when did we start calling this the Dato 9? I feel like I always find these things out weeks after everyone else...

I agree with the irony in that I have a modern vs vintage type of mentality, yet I am now praising the vintage over the more modern design.

I guess I have a design led mentality which trumps both modern and vintage. :)

Oh and when did we start calling this the Dato 9? I feel like I always find these things out weeks after everyone else...

I’m sticking with Denbigh Dato because it looks like a dinner plate.

I was thinking how strange it is that over the last 12-18 months, sentiment has inverted from the forum loving TH designs and influencers hating them. Maybe this is where the marketing money that used to run this forum went?

Pretty much shows that the product has very little impact compared to the marketing around it. That’s always been the case, with the time and money invested in the backstory, but social media has changed this by some substantial magnitude.

See, you mock all those 'influencers' but they make TAG Heuer great again.

See, you mock all those 'influencers' but they make TAG Heuer great again.
I know TAG Heuer is great, I just don’t need to be told that by people who have no actual opinion of their own. :)