2024 LVMH Watch Week

Do you mean in the style of the Dato? Because there's already the black dial reverse panda from last year. There's also a silver dial, two register panda (albeit with running seconds on the bottom) rumored to be coming this year as well.

Would love to see the 45 Dato but plain black.

We all have our personal preferences, i like the uncluttered dial of this one.
Edited:

Revolution video with TAG's new CEO
I caught 3 major hints of future watches coming:
1. Production models of the Only Watch Monaco Rattrapante (even though an image of the earlier Only Watch Skeleton was shown)
2. A new Senna S/el ana-digi tribute of some kind
3. Return to the original F1, or something like it

I'm most excited and curious about the Senna model!!! :thumbsup::whistling:

I caught 3 major hints of future watches coming:
1. Production models of the Only Watch Monaco Rattrapante (even though an image of the earlier Only Watch Skeleton was shown)
2. A new Senna S/el ana-digi tribute of some kind
3. Return to the original F1, or something like it

I'm most excited and curious about the Senna model!!! :thumbsup::whistling:

A proper Senna S/EL tribute would be fantastic - I like the Senna F1 with the Legend bracelet, but I don't love it.

Here's hoping the return to the original F1 involves the previously discussed customisation/mixing & matching options.

It will be interesting to see what 'We will take care of that' means... but I can't see a massive market for a Senna re-issue that looks anything like the Senna S/EL. I mean who would buy that watch if it wasn't linked to Senna? Brown strap, two tone, cream dial anni-digi. First off I can't for a moment believe it's going to be an actual SEL so that means it's already a compromise, but who knows.

It will be interesting to see what 'We will take care of that' means... but I can't see a massive market for a Senna re-issue that looks anything like the Senna S/EL. I mean who would buy that watch if it wasn't linked to Senna? Brown strap, two tone, cream dial anni-digi. First off I can't for a moment believe it's going to be an actual SEL so that means it's already a compromise, but who knows.
The Link line has become TAG's forgotten child. I'd love to see TAG relaunch it, with a proper Senna tribute as the halo watch for the new Link line. Just my wishful thinking.

They've obviously got something cooking and I really hope it's more than the typical Senna watch they roll out each year.

The Link line has become TAG's forgotten child. I'd love to see TAG relaunch it, with a proper Senna tribute as the halo watch for the new Link line. Just my wishful thinking.

They've obviously got something cooking and I really hope it's more than the typical Senna watch they roll out each year.

Yeah, a new non-F1 based S/EL tribute to reintroduce Link would be terrific - I'm a huge fan of the Link & S/EL bracelets but not so much any of the F1 designs. I've always been a supporter of reintroducing the original F1s like the Moonswatches and even giving people customisation options, but I'm really not a fan!

It's clear they need to do something with the Link, it's walking dead at this point. But what I'm really not sure. The obvious answer is to fall back on the 'heritage' of the S/el but really? I don't see any great love for those watches from the watch community, anything but actually. If it wasn't for Senna I don't think anyone would care at all. And I say that as a multiple owner. Plus how does an anni-digi watch figure into TAGs plans when they are trying desperately to distance themselves from quartz. I dunno maybe they would like to do a proper re-issue, but at what price? It's such an oddity of a watch, but then I guess you could say the same about SMQ and the Monaco.

It's clear they need to do something with the Link, it's walking dead at this point. But what I'm really not sure. The obvious answer is to fall back on the 'heritage' of the S/el but really? I don't see any great love for those watches from the watch community, anything but actually. If it wasn't for Senna I don't think anyone would care at all. And I say that as a multiple owner. Plus how does an anni-digi watch figure into TAGs plans when they are trying desperately to distance themselves from quartz. I dunno maybe they would like to do a proper re-issue, but at what price? It's such an oddity of a watch, but then I guess you could say the same about SMQ and the Monaco.
I don't think they'll go back to the S/el. It's become the Link. Just like they won't go back to the 2000, as it's now the Aquaracer.

But what they can do is create a modern sports watch version of the Link. Taking some cues from the past and bringing it into the future. I'd say the Link was at its height of popularity when Matt Damon wore one in the Bourne Identity. But the current gen has abandoned the Sports part of S/el and gone full Elegant. I say bring the Sporty/Racing look back. Also, I wouldn't expect it to be quartz or an ana-digi. It should have the TH20 Chrono inside.
(FYI, I notice you always say "anni-digi", which is not correct. Ana-Digi was a nickname for Analog & Digital.)

Arguably, the version that Senna wore is the most iconic, so I could see them creating a tribute similar to how they chose the 844 tribute when they launched the current gen Aquaracer 300.
Edited:

Ok, yes Ana-Digi makes more sense. I will try to remember that in future.

I agree it will have an automatic movement but that is the flaw in the whole damn idea. The watch is so recognizable because it is quartz and has digital windows on the dial. Still I guess at least if it has a cream dial, a two tone case and a brown strap then it will sort of be 'right', but then I can see it failing to entice Senna fans as it's not authentic enough and failing to excite non Senna fans because it's a cream dial, two tone watch with a brown strap.

Mind you if it has the TH20-00 in it there wouldn't be any room for the digital windows anyway as the left and right subdials are too low down.

I'm not suggesting digital windows with the TH20-00 by the way. I meant if they wanted to imitate them on the dial or something.

I'm not suggesting digital windows with the TH20-00 by the way. I meant if they wanted to imitate them on the dial or something.
Yeah, I don't think it needs the LCD digital windows. Just capturing the spirit of how Senna's watch looked would be enough for me.

Here's my rough concept:
- Update the Link with a modern more angular sporty case and bezel design.
- Use elements of both the Senna S/el and Senna's own design for the Senna 6000, the only Senna watch he actually helped design.
- The original S/el was positioned at the top of the pecking order when it was released. So similarly, this should be a premium watch, not an entry level F1 quartz. I'd like to see a COSC TH-20 used as the movement.
- My concept would use 18k gold accents and a sunburst dial, with the racing flag motif and Senna "S" as on the Senna 6000. I would also darken the sub-dials to give a Panda-ish look.
- I'd include both a brown leather calf strap and the Senna S-Link bracelet.
- The icing on the cake would be to use a Senna Helmet as the watch box. Similar to how the Jacky Ickx Easy Rider came in a Heuer Helmet case.
- 2024 is the 30th Anniversary of Senna's passing, so it's the perfect time to release such a watch and re-launch the entire Link line.
20240210_215701.jpg

^Oops, I just noticed I forgot to draw in the hour markers. But you get the idea.

Yeah, I don't think it needs the LCD digital windows. Just capturing the spirit of how Senna's watch looked would be enough for me.

Here's my rough concept:
- Update the Link with a modern more angular sporty case and bezel design.
- Use elements of both the Senna S/el and Senna's own design for the Senna 6000, the only Senna watch he actually helped design.
- The original S/el was positioned at the top of the pecking order when it was released. So similarly, this should be a premium watch, not an entry level F1 quartz. I'd like to see a COSC TH-20 used as the movement.
- My concept would use 18k gold accents and a sunburst dial, with the racing flag motif and Senna "S" as on the Senna 6000. I would also darken the sub-dials to give a Panda-ish look.
- I'd include both a brown leather calf strap and the Senna S-Link bracelet.
- The icing on the cake would be to use a Senna Helmet as the watch box. Similar to how the Jacky Ickx Easy Rider came in a Heuer Helmet case.
- 2024 is the 30th Anniversary of Senna's passing, so it's the perfect time to release such a watch and re-launch the entire Link line.
20240210_215701.jpg
This is awesome Mate.
Well done.

I actually like the Link design. It has a nice flow from the watch head to the bracelet. I just feel it’s TH forgotten child since Jason Bourne & the Tiger Woods days.

Maybe the Senna marketing would help. But personally I find those S/els god awful to look at & think if they went with a modem interpretation it’s would bomb with only a few WIS showing interest.
Edited:

I agree it will have an automatic movement but that is the flaw in the whole damn idea. The watch is so recognizable because it is quartz and has digital windows on the dial. Still I guess at least if it has a cream dial, a two tone case and a brown strap then it will sort of be 'right', but then I can see it failing to entice Senna fans as it's not authentic enough and failing to excite non Senna fans because it's a cream dial, two tone watch with a brown strap.

For me the Senna S/El is recognisable by the brown leather strap, end links and two tone. The ana/digi aspect is secondary. I do find it ironic that the most famous version of a watch famous for its strap, was on leather.

For me the Senna S/El is recognisable by the brown leather strap, end links and two tone. The ana/digi aspect is secondary. I do find it ironic that the most famous version of a watch famous for its strap, was on leather.

Yeah that is pretty funny.

I wonder how much TAG would charge if they made Michael's design? How much would they charge for a two-tone TH20-00 Carrera would be a starting point I suppose? £7000?

Yeah that is pretty funny.

I wonder how much TAG would charge if they made Michael's design? How much would they charge for a two-tone TH20-00 Carrera would be a starting point I suppose? £7000?

10k. You forgot to add the Senna collab value.