2024 LVMH Watch Week

I know TAG Heuer is great, I just don’t need to be told that by people who have no actual opinion of their own. :)

Mostly I am disappointed no one has bought my opinion yet.

Mostly I am disappointed no one has bought my opinion yet.
Sell it to us then. :)

You're disappointed! How do you think I feel?

you really need to monetise your blog, it at least get free watches!

Sell it to us then. :)

I’ll stop being rude about the current Aquaracer if TH buy me a Solargraph ;)

edit: or anyone buys me a solargraph really. Rob has annoyingly reminded me I quite like them
IMG_4534.jpeg

you really need to monetise your blog, it at least get free watches!
How should I do this? Are TAG going to send me free watches? I don't think so. The only thing I can do is sell advertising space via Google Ads, but then I will get Longines ADs all over it and that will annoy me.

Maybe I should start a Patreon or something, just a voluntary thing for people who want to donate?

How should I do this? Are TAG going to send me free watches? I don't think so. The only thing I can do is sell advertising space via Google Ads, but then I will get Longines ADs all over it and that will annoy me.

Maybe I should start a Patreon or something, just a voluntary thing for people who want to donate?

I dunno. There’s got to be something on YouTube telling you how to be an influencer? I think eating avocado toast is involved somehow?

I have no idea how to do this mind you. And would anyone actually donate anything? I guess if every view generated 1p I could give up my job and do it full time - haha.

Oh, no wait, that's £120 a week... so no then, 5p for every view!

I dunno. There’s got to be something on YouTube telling you how to be an influencer? I think eating avocado toast is involved somehow?

Yes, probably. Smashed avocado. No doubt. Sounds ghastly.

edit: or anyone buys me a solargraph really. Rob has annoyingly reminded me I quite like them
IMG_4534.jpeg

Whilst we will clearly need to agree to disagree on the Aquaracer 300, we are firmly in agreement on the Carbon Solargraph, without question!

Not just green, it has blue in it, from racing cars.

That sentence just about sums up the Swiss watch industry.

IMG_4534.jpeg
Same! The OG Greta graph is a stunner and I dream about it a lot

Also, is the 34mm Aquaracer really unisex?

wbp1312.jpg

It is kinda funny, because all along we've been told what TAG Heuer should be doing and yet they've completely ignored the message from the forum and somehow it's worked. And they've managed to unite all the different parts of the forum in hating the new watches - hahahahahahaha. It's a miracle.
I see lots of love for the new glassbox in comments throughout social media, even the new Dato. Just shows that the regulars who post on this forum probably do not represent the larger consensus.

I don't hate the new glassbox, but can't say I love it either.

I see lots of love for the new glassbox in comments throughout social media, even the new Dato. Just shows that the regulars who post on this forum probably do not represent the larger consensus.

I don't hate the new glassbox, but can't say I love it either.
The interest and rave reviews we are seeing online,blogs and youtubers ... honestly, I am not seeing that translate in the flesh... at least here

The interest and rave reviews we are seeing online,blogs and youtubers ... honestly, I am not seeing that translate in the flesh... at least here
To clarify, I didn't mean the comments from the youtubers and bloggers themselves, but rather the comments left by the general public under their reviews. These public comments seem to reflect quite positively on the new glassbox watches, especially the ones I see on Instagram.

I did find one comment and its reply quite interesting. Someone said: "I thought real watch enthusiasts didn't like TAG?" To which someone replied, "No, real enthusiasts see through the Hype and the Hate". The latter is spot on!

Among my circle of watch friends, the new Glassboxes are the first to ever really be paid attention to (yeah, even the heritage glassboxes were ignored at the time, though are now being discovered as well). Generally positive sentiment, too