2024 LVMH Watch Week

I don't get who this is aimed at. The vintage enthusiast will surely not buy this being so distant from the source (and wearing the wrong badge into the bargain).
Simply put, I think it's aimed at people who like the Dato and can afford to buy another one.
Had this been a heritage edition I would have gone for it, but I heavily dislike the heavily predominant patchy ring on these new models.

I have high hopes that this year's WOTY won't be another Carrera
Hope that you are right. I would love to see multiple contenders!

Simply put, I think it's aimed at people who like the Dato and can afford to buy another one.
Had this been a heritage edition I would have gone for it, but I heavily dislike the heavily predominant patchy ring on these new models.

Yeah I guess.... but I kinda feel like the Hodinkee Dato was a bit of a one off. It's a bit odd, you know... and I can see why a collector would want 'one', but not why they would want a not as good one as a second one.

Or saying, you don't want that quartz crap love, you want a nice hand wound pilot watch on a Bund. :D
I too heavily dislike it.

Yeah I guess.... but I kinda feel like the Hodinkee Dato was a bit of a one off. It's a bit odd, you know... and I can see why a collector would want 'one', but not why they would want a not as good one as a second one.
"Reverse Hodinkee Dato" would've been cool.

I have high hopes that this year's WOTY won't be another Carrera
If there are some nice surprises coming from the Monaco line and/or Aquaracer line, it will make the chances of another model winning more interesting.

For the record, I voted for the Bamford Aquaradar in the inaugural 2020 WOTY vote. :eek:

I too heavily dislike it.

Scoring very badly with the COCO... it's in the same territory as the Year of the Rabbit Carrera.

If there are some nice surprises coming from the Monaco line and/or Aquaracer line, it will make the chances of another model winning more interesting.

For the record, I voted for the Bamford Aquaradar in the inaugural 2020 WOTY vote. :eek:

I think I did too... or maybe not cos that was the year the orange F1 came out. :confused:

Or was it.

I think I did too... or maybe not cos that was the year the orange F1 came out. :confused:

Or was it.
IIRC, you voted for the Bamford too.

EDIT: We replied almost at the same time. LOL

Scoring very badly with the COCO... it's in the same territory as the Year of the Rabbit Carrera.
Oh, I meant the patchy / curved dial! I'm A OK with the rest of the design. Even the pushers. ;(

If there is a "Year of the Whitesnake" sometime soon, I am going to play classic 80s rock music all year long.

I haven't scored it yet, still weighing how I feel about the new Dato. But I do know I like the ladies Aquaracer solargraphs better, which says more about the Dato than the Aquaracers.

I haven't scored it yet, still weighing how I feel about the new Dato. But I do know I like the ladies Aquaracer solargraphs better, which says more about the Dato than the Aquaracers.

Yeah, they are very nice. In fact I'm leading with them rather than the Dato to get the year of to a positive start. My wife is keen to see the green one.

Oh, I meant the patchy / curved dial! I'm A OK with the rest of the design. Even the pushers. ;(
:oops:

Is the new Seafarer goign to be Heuer, Tag Heuer, or Abercrombie? Does anyone know?

Is the new Seafarer goign to be Heuer, Tag Heuer, or Abercrombie? Does anyone know?
I strongly suspect TAG Heuer. All new glassboxes have been wearing the TH logo, including the Skipper. I don't think TAG has the rights to brand it Abercrombie & Fitch without their permission.

I strongly suspect TAG Heuer. All new glassboxes have been wearing the TH logo, including the Skipper. I don't think TAG has the rights to brand it Abercrombie & Fitch without their permission.

Thanks!
No, there's no way Abercrombie would let them do it without permission. I was just wondering if it was going to be a collab kind of like the Rowing Blazers Carrera.

Yeah, they are very nice. In fact I'm leading with them rather than the Dato to get the year of to a positive start. My wife is keen to see the green one.
TAG Heuer actually calls it "Polar Blue".