2024 LVMH Watch Week

In fairness though, 2024 was never going to top 2023 being the Carrera Anniversary and what turned out to be a massive year for Tag Heuer.

April will be better for releases like Skeleton Carrera and Seafarer and Monaco's.
I'm disappointed more for TAG Heuer than for me. I feel TAG needs to continue to build momentum, otherwise all the goodwill built up with the 2023 releases may quickly dissipate. But these latest releases don't move the needle much. ::yawn::

I'm disappointed more for TAG Heuer than for me. I feel TAG needs to continue to build momentum, otherwise all the goodwill built up with the 2023 releases may quickly dissipate. But these latest releases don't move the needle much. ::yawn::
I'm not worried. Most, if not all, of the 2024 lineup is likely already defined from the Arnault era. It's probably going to a be a year of transition. That is why I am more optimistic about the 2025 collection and beyond, as we may get to see more classic influences and a return of the heritage models. Time will tell.

I'm not worried. Most, if not all, of the 2024 lineup is likely already defined from the Arnault era. It's probably going to a be a year of transition. That is why I am more optimistic about the 2025 collection and beyond, as we may get to see more classic influences and a return of the heritage models. Time will tell.
True. But a part of me suspects Frederic pulled out all the stops last year in order to be perceived as successful in his father's family game of "Succession". From what I've heard about so far, the upcoming rumored pieces seems more like leftovers rather than the main course compared to last year. Plus we don't even know yet if last year's "buzz" actually translated to a tangible increase in sales & market share.

Yes, time will tell.

Possibly this year's WoY.
I agree. It will come close.
A contender for sure. But I'm not into Yachting, so like the Skipper, the Seafarer is not a must have in my collection. I'm probably more curious about the rumored new glassbox panda, but doubt it will surpass the 60th anniversary. The 2024 WOTY is wide open as far as I'm concerned.

upload_2024-1-29_20-42-23.png

To me the glassbox is making the whole wonky eye date thing even worse because that inner circle is pointing out how far over the date is. .
Surely, that date frame is not actually just leaning up to compensate for the blunder either, right? Or maybe I'm just seeing things..
TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Chronograph-.jpg

Yep me too. I would have loved to see some killer releases and a big boost like we got with the Glassbox and later with the Skipper.

Maybe when the Seafarer comes it will provide the boost. The Panda will get alot of people excited I'm sure.

Surely, that date frame is not actually just leaning up to compensate for the blunder either, right? Or maybe I'm just seeing things..
TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Chronograph-.jpg
Am I the only one who thinks that the printed white logo looks excessively cheap on a watch for 6.5k with an otherwise rather empty dial? :thumbsdown:

The TAG Heuer website shows the new 34mm Solargraphs with a sweeping second hand, but they definitely tick just like my Solargraph. A bit misleading that!

The TAG Heuer website shows the new 34mm Solargraphs with a sweeping second hand, but they definitely tick just like my Solargraph. A bit misleading that!

99.9% of their target market won’t notice

Probably not. But still... a guy buying his wife one might!

Probably not. But still... a guy buying his wife one might!

I would bet 90% of guys buying their wives one will be stood in front of a counter of shiney watches going ‘no diamonds, some diamonds, or all the diamonds?’

Or saying, you don't want that quartz crap love, you want a nice hand wound pilot watch on a Bund. :D

Pretty good review on the TH Dato. I wonder how it will sell. As stated over and over, this is meant to appeal at vintage collectors, but with the Heuer Dato re-issue in existence, this is seen as a step down.

I don't get who this is aimed at. The vintage enthusiast will surely not buy this being so distant from the source (and wearing the wrong badge into the bargain).

A contender for sure. But I'm not into Yachting, so like the Skipper, the Seafarer is not a must have in my collection. I'm probably more curious about the rumored new glassbox panda, but doubt it will surpass the 60th anniversary. The 2024 WOTY is wide open as far as I'm concerned.
This year's is nice, but the heritage Panda-60th anniversary is probably the best release we'll have in decades.