2024 LVMH Watch Week

The Sunglasses teaser so far is the only slightly exciting part of Watch Week thus far.

It's like the two 2021 glassbox releases got together...
d2e455b0-ab6a-45cb-b0f2-a7d7cb3fcaa2-jpeg.1219436

...and had a baby in 2024! :p
Green Dato.jpg
Really attractive parents but the baby is a bit ugly

I'm kind of relieved that I'm not the only one who thinks that a watch with 3x "60" on the subdials is rather nonsensical.

This, but also I like to use my chronos for fun things like cooking dinner or drives or flights etc - and the 1/10 does not seem like it would actually be useful for anything

upload_2024-1-29_20-42-23.png

To me the glassbox is making the whole wonky eye date thing even worse because that inner circle is pointing out how far over the date is. .

To me the glassbox is making the whole wonky eye date thing even worse because that inner circle is pointing out how far over the date is. .
Yes - either the date needs to move a little right or the subdial does. Either way due to the ridge, it will look off in some way

Really attractive parents but the baby is a bit ugly
In all fairness it looks better than that green chronomaster sport zenith released.
Edited:

In all fairness it looks better than that green chronomaster sport zenith released.

but not much
The other green Zenith however is a beauty:

upload_2024-1-29_22-13-25.png

I like all 3 versions of it - just a bit out of my current price range!

I like that the Carrera Dato might/will return, but out of interest why the TH obsession with green, which to me appears to be an unpopular colour in everything except nature? (because of the logo? - but a green logo can’t be seen on a green dial). Did you ever say to yourself “what I really want is a green watch?”

As we know, Pantone produces its colour of the year, and for 2024 this is ‘Peach Fuzz” an apricot/peach type of colour. If TH lived up to the TAG name, I would have expected them to use this new fashion-lead colour. Pantone’s most recent green colour was in 2017, and 2013 and 2010 before that.

There again, I just want the Heuer logo on a dial of blacks, whites, and possibly a touch of orange, so perhaps I’m not the customer TH are considering ……..

We all know, green and teal is not really everyone’s cup of tea. But just to give context, LVMH Watch Week usually happens right before the Chinese / Lunar New Year. And for this 2024, it celebrates the Year of the Green (Wood) Dragon. And I think we all know “who” the target market for these new watch releases. Buying something that will give “luck” and “happiness” for the start of this “mythical dragon” year. We maybe are TAG Heuer’s diehard enthusiasts, but we are not the target market that can sell volumes and give LVMH loads and loads of money ::stirthepot::

Let’s just appreciate what TAG Heuer has to offer. Surely, not every release will be for our taste since TAG Heuer caters to ALOT of demographics. I think TAG Heuer has dig in deep into their roots already by giving us Heuer Heritage pieces, the Ice King, Panda, Dato 45, revamped modern day Skipper & Dark Lord etc etc and we should all be thankful. ::rimshot::

Be positive. Cheers to a Good & Prosperous Year for everyone! ::psy::

Part of the issue is not only the inner circle, but also that they chose to use a contrasting date wheel in white, making it more pronounced.

Had it been all monotone, like the vintage original ref 3147 S, I think it would look better.
Heuer Dato 3147S.jpg

Part of the issue is not only the inner circle, but also that they chose to use a contrasting date wheel in white, making it more pronounced.

Had it been all monotone, like the vintage original ref 3147 S, I think it would look better.
Heuer Dato 3147S.jpg

The positioning of the date looks a bit better placed on that one too.

The Sunglasses teaser so far is the only slightly exciting part of Watch Week thus far.
As much as it pains me to say, this year's LVMH watch week has been quite a let down. :(

Especially compared to last year, when things got off to a BANG with the fan favorite 60th Anniversary Panda King and the bold Monza Carbon flyback.
20230119_103629.jpg
20240110_133950.jpg

Heuer Dato 3147S.jpg

Size of the subdial too. Look how it captures the eye on the 3147; look how it shrinks with the new one.

I like this release the best out of what has been shown so far. A few years from now, these should be in the 8k range. That would be of interst to me in that price range.

Size of the subdial too. Look how it captures the eye on the 3147; look how it shrinks with the new one.
It's also because the dial of the of the original is smaller, as the case is 36mm. Hence everything is a bit closer to center, with less open space.

We all know, green and teal is not really everyone’s cup of tea. But just to give context, LVMH Watch Week usually happens right before the Chinese / Lunar New Year. And for this 2024, it celebrates the Year of the Green (Wood) Dragon. And I think we all know “who” the target market for these new watch releases. Buying something that will give “luck” and “happiness” for the start of this “mythical dragon” year. We maybe are TAG Heuer’s diehard enthusiasts, but we are not the target market that can sell volumes and give LVMH loads and loads of money ::stirthepot::

Let’s just appreciate what TAG Heuer has to offer. Surely, not every release will be for our taste since TAG Heuer caters to ALOT of demographics. I think TAG Heuer has dig in deep into their roots already by giving us Heuer Heritage pieces, the Ice King, Panda, Dato 45, revamped modern day Skipper & Dark Lord etc etc and we should all be thankful. ::rimshot::

Be positive. Cheers to a Good & Prosperous Year for everyone! ::psy::
Green Wood Dragons sound fun. Were they 6 cylinders or V8?

Green Wood Dragons sound fun. Were they 6 cylinders or V8?
Based on this, sounds like a roaring V8 ;)
(energy strength & power)
IMG_5074.jpeg

But just to give context, LVMH Watch Week usually happens right before the Chinese / Lunar New Year. And for this 2024, it celebrates the Year of the Green (Wood) Dragon. And I think we all know “who” the target market for these new watch releases. Buying something that will give “luck” and “happiness” for the start of this “mythical dragon” year.
They should've made the Year of the Dragon Carrera in green in that case, not burgundy red. :confused:

Now they're over compensating by making everything else green. ::facepalm2::

As much as it pains me to say, this year's LVMH watch week has been quite a let down. :(

Especially compared to last year, when things got off to a BANG with the fan favorite 60th Anniversary Panda King and the bold Monza Carbon flyback.
20230119_103629.jpg
20240110_133950.jpg

In fairness though, 2024 was never going to top 2023 being the Carrera Anniversary and what turned out to be a massive year for Tag Heuer.

April will be better for releases like Skeleton Carrera and Seafarer and Monaco's.

In fairness though, 2024 was never going to top 2023 being the Carrera Anniversary and what turned out to be a massive year for Tag Heuer.

April will be better for releases like Skeleton Carrera and Seafarer and Monaco's.
Is Future Seafarer a 42mm?