2024 LVMH Watch Week

The other Dato 45 wasn't my favourite watch ever but I will give it that it had a purposeful vintage look about it. This one looks like it could be Gucci or some other 'high end' fashion watch. Teal is fine but I don't think it works with 'classic' designs somehow. It undermines the heritage aspect.

I can't help but feel that this looks wrong on so many levels.. :confused:
Anthony's pic isn't the most flattering, probably because of the lighting. It does look better IRL, the dial color is quite pretty. Then again, green really isn't my thing.

Hoodinke Dato owners are rubbing their hands together in glee right now.

It's like the two 2021 glassbox releases got together...
d2e455b0-ab6a-45cb-b0f2-a7d7cb3fcaa2-jpeg.1219436

...and had a baby in 2024! :p
Green Dato.jpg
Bellisimo

I can't help but feel that this looks wrong on so many levels.. :confused:
I stand by my original Seinfeld joke reference.

Man I need to be more careful about scheduling vacations during watch release events lol

The tourbillon is as dumb as all the others.

The green glassbox is underwhelming - I think if it had a maxi subdial in silver or white it would have been a lot cooler. As is it just seems like it’s a little too under the radar.

Anyone see the heat Zenith packed today though? God damn

Man I need to be more careful about scheduling vacations during watch release events lol

The tourbillon is as dumb as all the others.

The green glassbox is underwhelming - I think if it had a maxi subdial in silver or white it would have been a lot cooler. As is it just seems like it’s a little too under the radar.

Anyone see the heat Zenith packed today though? God damn
Triple calendar chrono is very nice, not a fan of the 1/10s movement though as well as the €14.5k price tag.

upload_2024-1-29_19-42-7.png

Pretty good review on the TH Dato. I wonder how it will sell. As stated over and over, this is meant to appeal at vintage collectors, but with the Heuer Dato re-issue in existence, this is seen as a step down.

Triple calendar chrono is very nice, not a fan of the 1/10s movement though as well as the €14.5k price tag.

I do agree completely with the 1/10. What a silly stupid thing. Though I do think it’s less of a problem with the calendar complication than it is on its own.

The price tag… well, seems like Zenith is really going for it with quality, and they fit nicely into that bracket in the LVMH portfolio.
Besides, AD discounts for Zenith are not unreasonable. It’s just the Boutique editions you gotta worry about prices on

Pretty good review on the TH Dato. I wonder how it will sell. As stated over and over, this is meant to appeal at vintage collectors, but with the Heuer Dato re-issue in existence, this is seen as a step down.

Yeah my Dato isn’t under any threat from this one.

I’ve actually found as I’ve settled into it, the Dato is one of the watches I reach for most often. On the Telemeter strap, it’s really become a go-to if I’ve not already planned on wearing something else

I do agree completely with the 1/10. What a silly stupid thing. Though I do think it’s less of a problem with the calendar complication than it is on its own.

The price tag… well, seems like Zenith is really going for it with quality, and they fit nicely into that bracket in the LVMH portfolio.
Besides, AD discounts for Zenith are not unreasonable. It’s just the Boutique editions you gotta worry about prices on
I am somewhat spoiled having 3 EP's with a paddle chrono hand, 2 of which have the decimal track that actually makes sense.

Talking about deals, I did notice a Zenith G381 (Hodinkee) for sale on C24 US that would be my choice if I'm going to spend that kind of money $13.5k which has the 50 year warranty and services included.
Edited:

Yeah my Dato isn’t under any threat from this one.

I’ve actually found as I’ve settled into it, the Dato is one of the watches I reach for most often. On the Telemeter strap, it’s really become a go-to if I’ve not already planned on wearing something else
Ditto.

I just noticed that the three ladies MOP dial Aquaracers are all Solargraphs. If anyone wants to amend their scores please let me know.

I'm kind of relieved that I'm not the only one who thinks that a watch with 3x "60" on the subdials is rather nonsensical.

Not a fan at all in that photo. It would look better with a contrasting subdial to accentuate one of the key things about the watch I.e 1 subdial.

the hodinkee is much nicer IMO.