2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

So the hype is in fact real in all countries except England.

Or does this mean that Brits are smarter and less likely to fall for shady sales tactics like intentionally manufacturing few pieces and purchasing a lot of marketing space online to build hype 👎

Damn! I was in London yesterday with a few hours to kill. Are you saying I could have visited Covent Garden and come away with my Kith Heuer?!

I visited Battersea and ended up with a lousy MoonSwatch instead!
The US boutiques will ship to another location, as long as it's in somewhere in the US. I suppose UK boutiques can do the same, no?

Damn! I was in London yesterday with a few hours to kill. Are you saying I could have visited Covent Garden and come away with my Kith Heuer?!

I visited Battersea and ended up with a lousy MoonSwatch instead!
Yes, I visited Harrods and Covent Garden last week on my London day trip and they had plenty of Kiths in the back room. All hyped up and "last pieces" of course

Or does this mean that Brits are smarter and less likely to fall for shady sales tactics like intentionally manufacturing few pieces and purchasing a lot of marketing space online to build hype 👎
Or smarter when it comes to flipping?
These hardly seem worth the trouble to flip. But one of the boutiques told me a good number of people bought them specifically for the "free enterprise" aspect.

I really do wonder what the above info suggests. Would love to know the real facts and figures. There’s no chance of that though, as will blow the hype world up completely and I think that’s all that’s keeping the watch world afloat right now.

I really do wonder what the above info suggests. Would love to know the real facts and figures. There’s no chance of that though, as will blow the hype world up completely and I think that’s all that’s keeping the watch world afloat right now.
More importantly, I wonder what TAG Heuer really thinks of this launch. It caused quite a stir, but more negative backlash than positive.

Regardless of whether completely sold-out or not in a given region, TAG is probably happy with the sales aspect. But will this KITH Heuer F1 achieve what TAG Heuer really wanted? Such as bringing in new blood from a different demo. It's too early to tell, but it's the long game result that will be interesting to see.

nah mate, everyone’s just broke here now

In general I heard that the Kiths have reinvigorated the footfall in the TAG stores mainly from the younger crowd, trying to get in the cool Kith factor. But the majority of the sales are going for the 50+ year old crowd who are buying the watch as a nostalgia piece for the original. I was waiting around 45 mins in Covent Garden trying out the novelties and I had a couple of gents come in to buy the Kith for their grandchildren in that time. So the demographics in UK is a bit different it seems

I suppose one of the main reasons why these are still available on UK is probably that Kith as a brand is not hyped up here, so that Gen Alpha crowd is not too bothered

I already watched this. He's dreaming if he thinks F1s are gonna go over £1000.

upload_2024-5-17_11-5-3.png
It's already happening. In addition to the one you saw go for £955, these two "originals" (not KITH) were recently sold for over $1000.
Screenshot_18-5-2024_2_www.ebay.com.jpeg
Screenshot_18-5-2024_www.ebay.com.jpeg

Although I have a feeling the poor buyers were tricked by the misleading KITH labels in the item descriptions.

It's already happening. In addition to the one you saw go for £955, these two "originals" (not KITH) were recently sold for over $1000.
Screenshot_18-5-2024_2_www.ebay.com.jpeg
Screenshot_18-5-2024_www.ebay.com.jpeg

Although I have a feeling the poor buyers were tricked by the misleading KITH labels in the item descriptions.
Not really representative examples of second hand prices for TAG originals, looking at criminals on ebay commiting fraud by putting kith in the listing

Not really representative examples of second hand prices for TAG originals, looking at criminals on ebay commiting fraud by putting kith in the listing
The KITH part is misleading. But we really don't know if the buyers were tricked or whether they knew exactly what they were buying. The Yellow & Gray is clearly not one of the 10 KITH Heuer models. Also, the box and papers look nothing like the KITH. So, either the buyer really knew it was a vintage original or was clueless to the fact that a KITH version with this color combo doesn't exist.

Who knows, this could be a sign of a new normal for near NOS full set vintage F1s. The one Rob saw sold for £955 didn't have KITH to mislead on the listing.

There are several for sale by the same seller. Here's an example. Again, this one doesn't look like any of the 10 KITH models. So, it'll be interesting to see if it sells.
New Tag Heuer 377.513 Formula 1 F1 Midsize Mens Womens Watch Black Pink Kith NOS | eBay

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
While the KITH in the title of the listing is a questionable tactic, the seller's detailed description explains exactly what these are:
--
You are looking at a new old stock black and hot pink Tag Heuer Formula 1 model 377.513 midsize watch. Model 377.513 is the same as popular model WA1217. To find 1 of these in this condition is nearly impossible. These original Formula 1 models have always been popular among TAG collectors. But now their popularity is exploding, due to the recent collaboration between TAG Heuer and luxury brand Kith. TAG and Kith have partnered together to revive these original 1990s F1 models with a more premium product. Here is your chance to buy an original! This is the only one of these on the market, let alone in new old stock condition. Why pay $2000 for a new model when you can buy the original for less? This watch is a survivor. I am a watch collector who owns over 500 Tag Heuer watches. I currently have quite a few for sale. It was simply time to clean out the closet. This is a midsize TAG watch with a case size of about 35mm (38mm including the crown). The midsize was typically worn by a man back in the 80s and 90s but I feel that it is more suited for a woman nowadays, based on its size. It is really all about your preference so please look at the size. I would say it is more suited for a smaller man or a man who likes smaller faced watches....or a lady who likes larger sized watches compared to normal women's sizes. The crystal is in perfect condition with no scratches. The back casing is in near perfect condition, as the original Tag protective factory sticker is still attached. I see a few fine marks on the outer edges of the back casing. The bracelet is the stainless steel TAG band made especially for this model. It is in near perfect unworn condition, with a few light shelf wear marks. The bezel is in perfect condition with outstanding color. The hands and hour markers look excellent. I would rate this true survivor as a solid 9.8 out of 10 in condition. New battery just installed and serviced by Tag Heuer dealer. The watch is all original and will fit up to an 8.25 inch wrist. If you need extra links I can sell you some at $35 per link. I have access to them from a local jewelry store. If you need the extra links just let me know immediately after purchase so I can invoice you for them. Please check on availability of links. It has always kept perfect time. This model has a quartz movement and it is 200 meters water resistant. The bezel turns and clicks in the counter clockwise direction, as it should. I always recommend having seals tested before wearing in water as a precaution. This is 100% authentic. Be careful because there are a lot of sellers on eBay selling fake TAGs from the UK, Japan, Canada, Bulgaria, Singapore, and even the USA. Buy from someone with a 24 year history of selling authentic Tag Heuers, like myself. Please see my other TAGs for sale. I have men's and women's TAGs for sale in all price ranges. Watch comes with a TAG box, TAG plastic case with leather pillow, TAG brochure, and TAG manual. Accessories are in very good condition. The box is in good condition with some shelf wear & clear tape. The box has stickers from another TAG model attached.

Rob why the fokk did you sell all your tiny old molden F1's bro. You could have sold em now for 1200 a pop to some hype influenced moron 😲

While the KITH in the title of the listing is a questionable tactic, the seller's detailed description explains exactly what these are:
--
You are looking at a new old stock black and hot pink Tag Heuer Formula 1 model 377.513 midsize watch. Model 377.513 is the same as popular model WA1217. To find 1 of these in this condition is nearly impossible. These original Formula 1 models have always been popular among TAG collectors. But now their popularity is exploding, due to the recent collaboration between TAG Heuer and luxury brand Kith. TAG and Kith have partnered together to revive these original 1990s F1 models with a more premium product. Here is your chance to buy an original! This is the only one of these on the market, let alone in new old stock condition. Why pay $2000 for a new model when you can buy the original for less? This watch is a survivor. I am a watch collector who owns over 500 Tag Heuer watches. I currently have quite a few for sale. It was simply time to clean out the closet. This is a midsize TAG watch with a case size of about 35mm (38mm including the crown). The midsize was typically worn by a man back in the 80s and 90s but I feel that it is more suited for a woman nowadays, based on its size. It is really all about your preference so please look at the size. I would say it is more suited for a smaller man or a man who likes smaller faced watches....or a lady who likes larger sized watches compared to normal women's sizes. The crystal is in perfect condition with no scratches. The back casing is in near perfect condition, as the original Tag protective factory sticker is still attached. I see a few fine marks on the outer edges of the back casing. The bracelet is the stainless steel TAG band made especially for this model. It is in near perfect unworn condition, with a few light shelf wear marks. The bezel is in perfect condition with outstanding color. The hands and hour markers look excellent. I would rate this true survivor as a solid 9.8 out of 10 in condition. New battery just installed and serviced by Tag Heuer dealer. The watch is all original and will fit up to an 8.25 inch wrist. If you need extra links I can sell you some at $35 per link. I have access to them from a local jewelry store. If you need the extra links just let me know immediately after purchase so I can invoice you for them. Please check on availability of links. It has always kept perfect time. This model has a quartz movement and it is 200 meters water resistant. The bezel turns and clicks in the counter clockwise direction, as it should. I always recommend having seals tested before wearing in water as a precaution. This is 100% authentic. Be careful because there are a lot of sellers on eBay selling fake TAGs from the UK, Japan, Canada, Bulgaria, Singapore, and even the USA. Buy from someone with a 24 year history of selling authentic Tag Heuers, like myself. Please see my other TAGs for sale. I have men's and women's TAGs for sale in all price ranges. Watch comes with a TAG box, TAG plastic case with leather pillow, TAG brochure, and TAG manual. Accessories are in very good condition. The box is in good condition with some shelf wear & clear tape. The box has stickers from another TAG model attached.
Yup yup yup, really shows then how many people are very easily influenced by hype and solely care for what others think 😁

But you have handled both the new and the old. Are the old ones really a 1400 dolla watch in terms of quality?

Definitely not. And this is just dumb. There are plenty of F1s for sale at the old normal prices....

Took me literally 10 seconds to find one of the most desirable watches for £325

upload_2024-5-19_10-13-46.png

But if someone wants to give me £1000 for my one remaining minty F1 I'll take it.
In fact screw it, 70% off listing this weekend, I will put it on for £850 and if anyone takes it good luck to them.

I'll buy another one from Japan for £250

Rob why the fokk did you sell all your tiny old molden F1's bro. You could have sold em now for 1200 a pop to some hype influenced moron 😲

Yeah, what an idiot. I could have bought a turquoise skeleton Monaco with the profits eh. Hahahahaha.

Been trying to sell one of my wife's F1s for weeks, just sold it for £210. The hype clearly doesn't extend to ladies watches.

Definitely not. And this is just dumb. There are plenty of F1s for sale at the old normal prices....

Took me literally 10 seconds to find one of the most desirable watches for £325

upload_2024-5-19_10-13-46.png

But if someone wants to give me £1000 for my one remaining minty F1 I'll take it.
In fact screw it, 70% off listing this weekend, I will put it on for £850 and if anyone takes it good luck to them.

I'll buy another one from Japan for £250
But the difference is that one is not listed as NOS with full set box & papers.

I've been watching the 1000 series, the average ones go for $500-$900 depending on condition. But a true NOS with box & papers can go for closer to $2000 for the more desirable models. With the F1 being in the spotlight again, it's not that hard to see a true NOS with box & papers going for over $1000.

A few more examples of F1 originals sold for around $1000 or more since the May 6th KITH release.

This Shell Oil being the most expensive, included the original box and some accessories.
Screenshot_19-5-2024_3_www.ebay.com.jpeg
Don't know if these had box & papers or not. I suspect not.
Screenshot_19-5-2024_2_www.ebay.com.jpeg
Screenshot_19-5-2024_1www.ebay.com.jpeg