2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

World's gone bonkers and I will definitely putting my F1 on then.
Make sure to hype up the rare coffin case and original papers (if you have them). I hope the strap is uncut, that's something else collectors look for.

Just spotted another one that sold for a little over $1000, this one from your neck of the woods.
Screenshot_19-5-2024_4_www.ebay.com.jpeg

So the hype is in fact real in all countries except England.

Or does this mean that Brits are smarter and less likely to fall for shady sales tactics like intentionally manufacturing few pieces and purchasing a lot of marketing space online to build hype 👎

In all seriousness - We Brits tend to be a touch more cynical when seeing hype and overblown marketing. (well - sometimes....)

Make sure to hype up the rare coffin case and original papers (if you have them). I hope the strap is uncut, that's something else collectors look for.

Just spotted another one that sold for a little over $1000, this one from your neck of the woods.
Screenshot_19-5-2024_4_www.ebay.com.jpeg

I have papers and a card sleeve too. But the strap is cut.

We can never be sure exactly where the transactions are occurring on eBay, but the market for the Kith Heuer watches seems pretty solid at the moment. There are between 150 and 200 watches listed for sale, with a very small number offered in the $1,500 to $1,700 range, but most of them offered above $1,700.

We can look back on this some months from now, but I will be surprised if we see many of these selling at a discount to the original $1,500 price.

Clip_6.jpg

We can never be sure exactly where the transactions are occurring on eBay, but the market for the Kith Heuer watches seems pretty solid at the moment. There are between 150 and 200 watches listed for sale, with a very small number offered in the $1,500 to $1,700 range, but most of them offered above $1,700.

We can look back on this some months from now, but I will be surprised if we see many of these selling at a discount to the original $1,500 price.

Clip_6.jpg
There's an option on eBay's Advance Search feature to see the sold items, which includes completed auctions.

I'd say roughly the average is around $2000. The green and blue seem to go for under $2000. The stainless steel with bracelet models usually goes for over $2000. There was a Hawaii that sold for $2700, but most were around $2100-$2300, which is also where the bracelet models tend to sell.

There's an option on eBay's Advance Search feature to see the sold items, which includes completed auctions.

I'd say roughly the average is around $2000. The green and blue seem to go for under $2000. The stainless steel with bracelet models usually goes for over $2000. There was a Hawaii that sold for $2700, but most were around $2100-$2300, which is also where the bracelet models tend to sell.

If most of them are trading in the $2,100 to $2,300 range, that seems like a healthy position for these watches. We'll have to give it more time, but I expect that the $1,500 price point set by TAG Heuer and Kith will be validated. I also expect that these watches were relatively expensive to produce, which also justifies the $1,500 price.

I have noticed a halo pull effect on the originals too. I've been looking for a white and blue (ref. 387.513 aka Team Tyrell) for quite a while now. The ones I had on my watch list were suddenly all snapped up, they were in the $350-$500 range. There's a new listing, with a starting bid of $750, a fairly big jump in price.

I suspect prices will drop back a bit once initial demand subsides. There are probably people willing to pay a bit extra right now because they can't get to or don't want to get a boutique/Kith store or wanted a specific model (or are chasing a set). Having said that, Tag aren't producing any more (at the moment) unlike the Moonswatch.

Plastic insert to convert case to hold 28mm
20240520_104920.jpg 20240520_104903.jpg
Thanks for sharing those pics. The top photo makes it look like the case shape is a rectangle. Is it?
20240520_104920-jpg.1786205

I thought they were all the shape of a parallelogram. Here's mine. It also has an outer cardboard sleeve (not shown) with the matching ref. number stamped on it.
DSCN1111.JPG

I have noticed a halo pull effect on the originals too. I've been looking for a white and blue (ref. 387.513 aka Team Tyrell) for quite a while now. The ones I had on my watch list were suddenly all snapped up, they were in the $350-$500 range. There's a new listing, with a starting bid of $750, a fairly big jump in price.
. . . and just for fun, see how many Swatches from 1986 are listed on eBay, many at under $100 . . . including some brand new ones, still in the box. The Formula 1 suffered with the comparison to the Swatches in 1986, and also in 2024.

I suspect prices will drop back a bit once initial demand subsides. There are probably people willing to pay a bit extra right now because they can't get to or don't want to get a boutique/Kith store or wanted a specific model (or are chasing a set). Having said that, Tag aren't producing any more (at the moment) unlike the Moonswatch.
I think so too.

There's roughly 200 for sale on eBay and also about the same number that have already been sold. There are probably some that are waiting for prices to come down before buying. After that, not sure how consistent the demand will be. It'll be interesting to see where these are 6 months from now and then a year later.

Will be interesting to see what these are worth once the TAG Heuer version gets released too.

Was literally following some models for a while on eBay as I’m looking for a black/yellow in good condition since ages now, but agreed prices of sales have increased quite a bit. There’s definitely a demand but probably not for long.

Will be interesting to see what these are worth once the TAG Heuer version gets released too.
Yes, that would be interesting to see. They'd likely drop upon the TAG branded version's initial release, but long term the value result for the KITH models may not be that affected. Things could even out or might surprisingly go in KITH's favor.

In the Esquire article, Nicholas implies their factory isn't setup to pump out huge volumes like a Swatch or late 80's TAG. Thus, most likely a TAG branded reissue will remain priced the same and will be similarly limited in production if not an outright LE. If they did ramp up their factory to accommodate larger volumes at a lower price, the KITH F1s would likely retain a higher value as being more limited & exclusive.

If a TAG Heuer branded reissue is identical in looks, it'll be even harder for the average joe to see the difference between an original & reissue. Hence making the $1500 price even more debatable and providing greater incentive for those who own neither to go for an original. OTOH, the KITH Heuer branding, regardless of being unpopular by the old guard, makes them unique.

Also, we don't know the split of how many current KITH F1 buyers are old gen nostalgia types vs. new gen hooked on anything KITH branded. The TH boutiques' demo only gives half the picture. It could be a wash. Longer term, the KITH F1s could be viewed as more unique and hence more collectable by the younger gen.

As a wildcard, it might simply come down to color preference. Surely TAG will not repeat the same colorways used on the KITH models.

For me personally, my only interest in these is as a collector. My yellow & gray F1 original is the very first watch I bought with my own money. But as I already bought the KITH, I'd only buy another one if reissued in yellow & gray. Even then, I'm not sure if I would, since it can't replace my original in terms of sentimental meaning.

Thanks for sharing those pics. The top photo makes it look like the case shape is a rectangle. Is it?
20240520_104920-jpg.1786205

I thought they were all the shape of a parallelogram. Here's mine. It also has an outer cardboard sleeve (not shown) with the matching ref. number stamped on it.
DSCN1111.JPG

No, it's the same as yours.

So far I've had two offers. £120 and £400. Both declined as I don't really want to sell unless I am going to get big bucks.