2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

I watched that before. What stood out in my mind is that he prefers the KITH Heuer logo because it looks better. 😗

Related to that, when I first heard that these were coming, the boutique salesperson said these were remakes of a Heuer. It was a week prior to launch and the person was obviously not familiar with the originals. I guess the only thing the person saw when looking at the logo was Heuer. 🤦

He also said the strap was too long... this guy clearly knows nothing. 😁😁😁

I have a small wrist -- 6-3/4 inches -- and the watch is wearable without cutting the strap. The strap is a shade long, but not long enough to be annoying on the wrist.

I expect that there will be people who cut the straps, after procuring a new one to keep in the box.

I have a small wrist -- 6-3/4 inches -- and the watch is wearable without cutting the strap. The strap is a shade long, but not long enough to be annoying on the wrist.
Jeff is right, the new strap is a little longer than your average TAG pin buckle strap. My previous comment was relative to the old original plastic strap, which is even longer.

The guy in the video made that comment in reference to his wife's wrist. As he wanted the watch for himself but felt 35mm was too small for his wrist. His wife came to his rescue and said she'd wear it.

As one can see with these ladies, the end does stick out but not that bad IMHO. The trick is positioning the loop as far up as possible. In pictures where it sticks out more, the loop is probably position closer to the buckle rather than closer to the case.
img_1878-jpeg.1778983

The reason why I say the "trick" is the loop positioning is because the strap has this ridge on the underside. Plus, the strap also becomes wider in the shield logo section. Most people might think this is the furthest up the loop can go, as the loop naturally stops here like in this pic.
20240509_200447.jpg

However, with a little finesse, it's not hard to move the loop past this ridge and further up. Which then allows the strap end to sit flush, as shown here. (Using the same pin hole as before in the above pic.)
20240509_200851.jpg

I'm as unhappy as most of you are with this logo change. But now that I've entered into the world of KITH, it's become clearer to me that this is what this brand does with many of their collabs. Here's an example of their Nike collab.

Nike's logo
Nike.jpg
The KITH collab logo
Screenshot_10-5-2024_93239_www.instagram.com.jpeg

So while this feels absolutely wrong for TAG Heuer to have done this logo change, for KITH it's business as usual. I still don't approve, but it is what it is.

Nicholas Biebuyck posted this cool shot of the new ones (top) and the original versions which inspired them (below).
New v Old.jpg

@Mspeedster did you receive your shirt? I finally got a notification from DHL saying it’s arriving on Monday. Intrigued to hear how it fits…many say Kith tees are really oversized. I normally wear an XL but went for large…I’m wondering if I should order an XL whilst they’re still in stock, just in case it doesn’t fit!

@Mspeedster did you receive your shirt? I finally got a notification from DHL saying it’s arriving on Monday. Intrigued to hear how it fits…many say Kith tees are really oversized. I normally wear an XL but went for large…I’m wondering if I should order an XL whilst they’re still in stock, just in case it doesn’t fit!
Mine is coming via UPS ground. According to the tracking, just left New Jersey today, so I don't expect it until sometime next week. I like to wear my t-shirts fitted, so I'll be a little bummed if it's baggy on me. But better a little big than too small.
Here's Ronnie wearing one of his Nike collabs, just to give an idea.
Ronnie.jpeg

The KITH and Nike swoosh looks just as wrong (to me) as "KITH Heuer" on the F1s. 😬

Nonetheless, good catch @Mspeedster. Certainly provides additional context.

I'm as unhappy as most of you are with this logo change. But now that I've entered into the world of KITH, it's become clearer to me that this is what this brand does with many of their collabs. Here's an example of their Nike collab.

Nike's logo
Nike.jpg
The KITH collab logo
Screenshot_10-5-2024_93239_www.instagram.com.jpeg

So while this feels absolutely wrong for TAG Heuer to have done this logo change, for KITH it's business as usual. I still don't approve, but it is what it is.

Okay, so yes I guess that is kinda what they did with TAG Heuer. Still don't like it. But again... it's not aimed at TAG Heuer fans, so does it matter. Well it wouldn't if there were non Kith Classic F1s available...

Okay, so yes I guess that is kinda what they did with TAG Heuer. Still don't like it. But again... it's not aimed at TAG Heuer fans, so does it matter. Well it wouldn't if there were non Kith Classic F1s available...
I've been thinking about this a lot, TH wants it both ways.

One the one hand, the KITH Heuer logo and KITH sales model is certainly not aimed at the typical TH buyer. Yet there are 50 collector box sets for TAG, only 25 for KITH. TAG obviously felt more diehard TH collectors would want the box set and/or still buy the watch. TH hoped that KITH customers would snap up the watches but didn't expect as many to go for the box set.

I feel they did the logo change for KITH. With the hopes that traditional TH buyers could look past that. Which enough of us obviously have, since the TH boutiques are supposedly sold out.

I kinda feel like I've fallen to the dark side in buying one. Is it just coincidence Kith rhymes with Sith? 🙄

The Hawaii arrived today. Tokyo is still in transit, along with the T-Shirts. I also purchased a NY over ebay, but that hasn't shipped yet.
upload_2024-5-10_17-42-22.png

This is fun to watch (say once per month)… 😉
The video is informative and has lot's of production value, but he's just too annoying for me to subscribe.

The video is informative and has lot's of production value, but he's just too annoying for me to subscribe.
I thought it was @Aquagraph using AI to change his look. Otherwise, this guy stole his KEITH Heuer logo, as well as just about everything else Rob has ranted about. LOL
Edited:

The Hawaii arrived today. Tokyo is still in transit, along with the T-Shirts. I also purchased a NY over ebay, but that hasn't shipped yet.
upload_2024-5-10_17-42-22.png
Congrats on getting your Hawaii and your New York purchase!
Odd that your Tokyo wasn't shipped together with it. I assumed the shirts might be separate, since they weren't part of the drawing.

How do you like your Hawaii?

Congrats on getting your Hawaii and your New York purchase!
Odd that your Tokyo wasn't shipped together with it. I assumed the shirts might be separate, since they weren't part of the drawing.

How do you like your Hawaii?
Thanks! I like it! To me it's the Benetton theme.

The rubber strap is pretty nice. What surprised me was that it doesn't have a screw down crown like my old F1 Chrono. I guess that feature came later.

The Tokyo was apparently sent on a different truck, which incurred in a delay. It should arrive on Monday.

What surprised me was that it doesn't have a screw down crown like my old F1 Chrono. I guess that feature came later.
The original 3 handers weren't screw down either. When I was showing my OG to salespeople at a boutique, they were all surprised at how the OG and KITH models could be 200m without screw down crowns.