2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

The original 3 handers weren't screw down either. When I was showing my OG to salespeople at a boutique, they were all surprised at how the OG and KITH models could be 200m without screw down crowns.
Yeah, I figured that was the case. It's fine, I don't plan to swim with them, so no worries.

There's a few TAG Heuer models that are 200m without screw down crowns (the Multigraph and F1 Kirium for example), the Aquaracer Chronotimer and Calibre S are actually 300m without a screw down crown (since the crown needs to be able to push in to function).

The original 3 handers weren't screw down either. When I was showing my OG to salespeople at a boutique, they were all surprised at how the OG and KITH models could be 200m without screw down crowns.

Interestingly, seal technology has been so good since the '80s that screw-down crowns are basically unnecessary for any consumer watch.

But customers expect them, so watch companies continue to use them.

20240511_103913.jpg

Interesting to get to see one of these in person. Wouldn't fit over my hand as it's been sized. But I can definitely say it's nicer than expected and a definite upgrade quality wise over the originals. Still irks me that the dial is pretend lume though and the branding just sucks. Bracelet is very nice and the crappy engraving... well if you didn't know it was there I don't think you would even notice it.

I’m just realizing that this bracelet might be an option for another watch with hidden lugs…

Does anyone know what the lug width is and what the clasp looks like; and - more importantly - whether the latter is “Kith” branded?

I’m just realizing that this bracelet might be an option for another watch with hidden lugs…

Does anyone know what the lug width is and what the clasp looks like; and - more importantly - whether the latter is “Kith” branded?
The strap on mine measures 18mm, but probably moot since it is indeed KITH Heuer branded. You won't find TAG anywhere on the watch or box, only on the instruction booklet and warranty card.

EDIT: If 18mm is the size you're looking for, you could always source an original F1 bracelet. I measured the case, bezel, crystal and strap. All the dimensions are exactly the same as the originals.
Edited:

Interestingly, seal technology has been so good since the '80s that screw-down crowns are basically unnecessary for any consumer watch.

But customers expect them, so watch companies continue to use them.
Even the Heuer 1000 divers didn't have screw down. Back when my original F1 was new, I took it swimming on many occasions. Never had a problem.

Yeah screw down crown is not necessary for water resistance, it just prevents the crown from popping out when under water

Unboxing video. IMHO, it gives a good impression of the watch. He compares the size to an Apple watch, moonSwatch, and a Rolex. I found it surprising that he said the F1 feels heavier than his Rolex.

It looks tiny next to that MoonSwatch, which is a good representation of current watch sizing. That DateJust looks like a 36mm, hence similar looking size, so not an ideal comparison.

Alexandra, wearing KITH Heuer.
20240512_121151.jpg
I like this outfit a lot more than the dress she chose for the launch party.

The Tokyo arrived. Still pending, the NY edition and the two T-shirts.
upload_2024-5-12_16-46-51.png

Unboxing video. IMHO, it gives a good impression of the watch. He compares the size to an Apple watch, moonSwatch, and a Rolex. I found it surprising that he said the F1 feels heavier than his Rolex.

My very first impression of the watch, when the Sales Associate handed it to me, was that it has a really solid feeling . . . 35 mm across the dial, with the 40 mm lug-to-lug (top to bottom) gives it a good hefty feeling.

35 mm across the dial, with the 40 mm lug-to-lug (top to bottom) gives it a good hefty feeling.

Gotta love those chunky, oversized pieces.