2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

0/10 WITHOUT EVEN SEEING THEM.
At that was even with me forgetting to take points off for the Kith branding.... 😁 No really, I actually forgot! At least I can correct my score at Christmas.
You already said you gave them all 0/10, so there's nothing more to deduct. 😉

…Comparing the two watches in this photo, both have external rotating bezels; both are waterproof to 200 meters; both are stainless steel, with the Kith being black-coated; both have rubber straps… F2128.JPG

Ok, following your criteria:

IMG_6827.jpeg

£135 or 90% cheaper.

External rotating bezel - check.
200m rating - check.
Stainless Steel PVD - check.
Rubber Strap - check.

I will add some more:

Not a TAG Heuer - check.
Unknown Fashion Brand - oops, fail! Most people have heard of this brand.

My point being, this is NOT a TAG Heuer, it’s a “Kith Heuer”, which is a major bugbear for any rational person who isn’t just trying to jump on the hype bandwagon for a product just to build favour with the brand or even get paid for the privilege.

Avant Garde is really about having the balls to put something out there with your OWN brand on it, knowing the potential risks but still doing it. NOT relying on hype from some other brand where you can call it a success colab if it goes down well or blame them if it doesn’t.

You already said you gave them all 0/10, so there's nothing more to deduct. 😉

Haha... well, you might be surprised to learn that I gave one a 7. Because as I said, I forgot to take off three points for the branding.

Ok, following your criteria:

IMG_6827.jpeg

£135 or 90% cheaper.

External rotating bezel - check.
200m rating - check.
Stainless Steel PVD - check.
Rubber Strap - check.

I will add some more:

Not a TAG Heuer - check.
Unknown Fashion Brand - oops, fail! Most people have heard of this brand.

My point being, this is NOT a TAG Heuer, it’s a “Kith Heuer”, which is a major bugbear for any rational person who isn’t just trying to jump on the hype bandwagon for a product just to build favour with the brand or even get paid for the privilege.

Avant Garde is really about having the balls to put something out there with your OWN brand on it, knowing the potential risks but still doing it. NOT relying on hype from some other brand where you can call it a success colab if it goes down well or blame them if it doesn’t.

I can see your point Ben, but that does look like shit. Plus where is the 'heritage'? 😁

So here's my question -- If the lowest price in the TAG Heuer catalog is the Formula 1 (shown below with a Kith Formula 1), with that watch priced at $1,450, and the "entry level" Carrera and Aquaracer models are priced at over $2,000, how could anyone possibly expect the Kith to be priced below the $1,500 price? Comparing the two watches in this photo, both have external rotating bezels; both are waterproof to 200 meters; both are stainless steel, with the Kith being black-coated; both have rubber straps. The Kith has some "special" finishes (on the dial and case) and is a limited edition.

All this to say that the $1,500 price seems about right to me (and I doubt that we will ever see a TAG Heuer priced any lower).

Jeff

F2128.JPG
TAG pricing seems to be more about where a model sits in the range rather than a straight formula based on the cost of the materials used and watch specs. I didn't expect a cheap watch (i.e. pricing to rival the Moonswatch), but I did expect this to sit a little below the entry level standard Formula 1s. The Formula 1 you posted as a comparison feels like a more substantial and serious watch to me, whereas the Kith Heuer is more about colour and fun. £800-900 would seem about right to me for this watch, especially given the branding.

I can see your point Ben, but that does look like shit. Plus where is the 'heritage'? 😁

It’s pretty obvious that my example is deliberately cheap and nasty and I don’t believe it compares in quality or design, but it is honest and it has its own logo on it. Which is the point being made.

As to the heritage, the bezel is showing set to 39 to signify that it was really Armani that designed the first quartz wrist watch in 1939, but the blueprints were lost for 85 years and only recently got found when actual Armani brand ambassador, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, was looking for inspiration for the Met Gala.

This thing is going to explode when they finally confirm him as the new Bond…

It’s pretty obvious that my example is deliberately cheap and nasty and I don’t believe it compares in quality or design, but it is honest and it has its own logo on it. Which is the point being made.

As to the heritage, the bezel is showing set to 39 to signify that it was really Armani that designed the first quartz wrist watch in 1939, but the blueprints were lost for 85 years and only recently got found when actual Armani brand ambassador, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, was looking for inspiration for the Met Gala.

This thing is going to explode when they finally confirm him as the new Bond…

Okay, you made me LOL.

Swiss watch pricing seems to be more about where a model sits in the range rather than a straight formula based on the cost of the materials used and watch specs.

The Formula 1 you posted as a comparison feels like a more substantial and serious watch to me.

Yes, I agree with this. I also envisioned this as a new 'entry level' F1, but actually it doesn't really make much sense there. We already know that newbies coming into the hobby are attracted to larger, quartz powered watches and only after time do they realise that small watches with mechanical movements are where the kudos really sits. So where do you put the classic F1? I would say about where it is. The 'entry level' TAG F1 is just a plain watch that someone buys because it's the one they can afford. It's most likely their only 'expensive' watch. The classic F1 is probably not going to be one that a newbie buys, but more an occasional watch for someone who already has several pieces.

Agree with you on the “looks like shit” assessment!

Jeff

Yes, I agree with this. I also envisioned this as a new 'entry level' F1, but actually it doesn't really make much sense there. We already know that newbies coming into the hobby are attracted to larger, quartz powered watches and only after time do they realise that small watches with mechanical movements are where the kudos really sits. So where do you put the classic F1? I would say about where it is. The 'entry level' TAG F1 is just a plain watch that someone buys because it's the one they can afford. It's most likely their only 'expensive' watch. The classic F1 is probably not going to be one that a newbie buys, but more an occasional watch for someone who already has several pieces.

this is why I assumed it would be larger. KITH hype aside, who is going to wear a 35mm watch? Notice how tiny it looks, on a fairly waife-like actress:
IMG_5928.jpeg

Gym bros need not apply?

Would love to see a side by side comparison and on wrist comparison between KITH Formula 1 and a TAG Heuer 36mm Carrera

For me, who never took much notice of the original Formula 1 before, going forward these colourful designs 35mm child looking watches will be more associated with KITH than TAG. KITH is what made the Formula 1 popular again 👍

I don't think these watches would have received anywhere near as much attention if it wasn't for the strong KITH brand. Lets face it, none of these watches are pretty and they look very outdated. If TAG would have released these, most people would have thought "what the hell is TAG thinking?". But now with the magical KITH branding and association, it makes sense for the non watch enthusiast majority 👍

Can't give you a Kith but can give you a 35mm F1 and 36mm Carrera on my wife's wrist. 1000016911.jpg 1000016674.jpg

The pink Carrera looks bigger. Likely the bezel on the F1 makes it look smaller (smaller dial), and the longer lugs on the Carrera.

40mm lug to lug on the F1, I'm betting the Carrerea is a fair bit more.

I don't think these watches would have received anywhere near as much attention if it wasn't for the strong KITH brand. Lets face it, none of these watches are pretty and they look very outdated. If TAG would have released these, most people would have thought "what the hell is TAG thinking?". But now with the magical KITH branding and association, it makes sense for the non watch enthusiast majority 👍

But you could say the same about every ugly ass watch that gets re-issued... like you know that butt ugly moldy old Zenith we saw in London.