2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

Even the box sets
Not surprising. The FOMO was strong with this one.

80% are probably listed for sale on some site somewhere.

No. The majority of listings seem to be the blue and green TAG Heuer ones.

Michael, I am intrigued by the fact that you seemingly just went to the Kith store and selected the watch you wanted. Was that the case? I thought these would be hard to get, and yet it seemed like you had the pick of whatever you wanted.

I also thought, perhaps Time & Tide's fault actually, that the watches were only being sold in the store they were named after, whereas that clearly isn't the case. I think in a way that would actually have been cooler... but clearly would slow down the sales.

It's interesting to see the Esquire ranking, I actually think the TAG ones (blue and green) are at the top end for me, probably because they have steel cases. I think it might be surprising to see which two have come bottom with the COCO. One is kinda obvious but the other one, not so much..

Like you I quite like the Red one, and also the blue bezel/white dial looks pretty nice too. If only they were TAG Heuer branded.
Speaking of the red one, just saw this.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6kV9sdrtzp/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Michael, I am intrigued by the fact that you seemingly just went to the Kith store and selected the watch you wanted. Was that the case? I thought these would be hard to get, and yet it seemed like you had the pick of whatever you wanted.
It wasn't that simple. I first went to the store on Sat to scout things out. I was told that KITH as a certain allocation for on-line sales, those were available only by the drawing, which was kind of a lottery. The stores have their own separate allocation. They're not allowed to say how many. The display case that I took a photo of on Mon wasn't being displayed on Sat, so random people visiting the store wouldn't even know about them.

Unlike the TH boutiques who started taking deposits on May 1 for the May 6 launch, the KITH stores weren't allowed to do that by KITH's policy. Only the Miami store started early sales on May 3. The online drawings would conclude first on May 5, then the stores would begin their sales the next day, Mon May 6.

According to the salesperson I spoke with, their previous watch collabs weren't one day sellouts. It took a few days to a week. It's their footwear collabs that people go gaga for and are snapped up immediately. Nevertheless, I was advised to come early before the store opens if I wanted one, which I did. There was a line, but nothing crazy like the moonSwatch. By the time the store opened I was more towards the front of the queue. I did have the pick of whichever I wanted, not sure if those towards the back of the line did or not.
Kith website showing all sold out now...
I believe that's only for their online allocation. It wouldn't surprise me if certain KITH boutiques still have a few in stock. Just like how the TH website has shown previous LEs as sold-out, yet people were able to still find them at boutiques here and there.

It's interesting to see the Esquire ranking, I actually think the TAG ones (blue and green) are at the top end for me, probably because they have steel cases. I think it might be surprising to see which two have come bottom with the COCO. One is kinda obvious but the other one, not so much..

Like you I quite like the Red one, and also the blue bezel/white dial looks pretty nice too. If only they were TAG Heuer branded.
The COCO scores are just a group average, and it seems these are getting low scores because of the KITH branding and price. Ignoring those two negatives, I'm really curious about how people would rank the 10 models, or which are the favorites. Similar to how we ranked the five Monaco 50s or the ten heritage Carrera glassbox ranking poll that @imagwai did.

Maybe I'll start a separate thread about that.

EDIT: Here's the separate thread: https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/poll-rank-the-10-tag-heuer-x-kith-formula1-reissues.172236/
Edited:

So here's my question -- If the lowest price in the TAG Heuer catalog is the Formula 1 (shown below with a Kith Formula 1), with that watch priced at $1,450, and the "entry level" Carrera and Aquaracer models are priced at over $2,000, how could anyone possibly expect the Kith to be priced below the $1,500 price? Comparing the two watches in this photo, both have external rotating bezels; both are waterproof to 200 meters; both are stainless steel, with the Kith being black-coated; both have rubber straps. The Kith has some "special" finishes (on the dial and case) and is a limited edition.

All this to say that the $1,500 price seems about right to me (and I doubt that we will ever see a TAG Heuer priced any lower).

Jeff

F2128.JPG

I wonder if mr. Fieg's first watch had been a Monaco or a Carrera, the logo would also have been changed.
Don't think TH would have dared to do this.

I continue to find it a shame that the 'old' F1's are disappearing into the archives in this way. They don't deserve this!
Why not included in the current F1 line like the 'originals' for example? (Unlimited that is)
The mold will now be in the trash. Mr. Fieg must have demanded this. Thanks mate!

So here's my question -- If the lowest price in the TAG Heuer catalog is the Formula 1 (shown below with a Kith Formula 1), with that watch priced at $1,450, and the "entry level" Carrera and Aquaracer models are priced at over $2,000, how could anyone possibly expect the Kith to be priced below the $1,500 price? Comparing the two watches in this photo, both have external rotating bezels; both are waterproof to 200 meters; both are stainless steel, with the Kith being black-coated; both have rubber straps. The Kith has some "special" finishes (on the dial and case) and is a limited edition.

All this to say that the $1,500 price seems about right to me (and I doubt that we will ever see a TAG Heuer priced any lower).

Jeff

F2128.JPG
I feel that very few around here - after giving it some thought - expected them to be priced much lower. Give or take 200-300 bucks maybe.

I think that once the FOMO has died down, there might be a window where you can grab them “used but unworn” for maybe 1k.

Long-term, I honestly have no clue, but suspect that the 35mm will limit their appeal.

I wonder if mr. Fieg's first watch had been a Monaco or a Carrera, the logo would also have been changed.
Don't think TH would have dared to do this.

I continue to find it a shame that the 'old' F1's are disappearing into the archives in this way. They don't deserve this!
Why not included in the current F1 line like the 'originals' for example? (Unlimited that is)
The mold will now be in the trash. Mr. Fieg must have demanded this. Thanks mate!

I know. Can you imagine a Carrera or C11 Monaco with Kith where Heuer should be. Its all part of the disrespect TAG have for their own history post Heuer.

I feel that very few around here - after giving it some thought - expected them to be priced much lower. Give or take 200-300 bucks maybe.

I think that once the FOMO has died down, there might be a window where you can grab them “used but unworn” for maybe 1k.

Long-term, I honestly have no clue, but suspect that the 35mm will limit their appeal.

TH does not want a cheap watch on the market. They had a 'price problem' with the (temporary) return of the F1s. They solved this through the Kith deal.

I know. Can you imagine a Carrera or C11 Monaco with Kith where Heuer should be. Its all part of the disrespect TAG have for their own history post Heuer.

Guarding your history indeed. Unfortunately, this often does not go hand in hand with financial interests.

Based on the citation of NB in the Esquire article somewhere above, I wouldn’t be astonished if we’ll also see TAG Heuer-branded retro F1 relatively soon.

They (and you 😉) just had to wait for the 80s revival to be in full swing. And be sure that it was…

Screenshot_IG Frederic.jpg

Just one data point. Since the KITH-Heuer launch on Monday, my Instagram account has had a flurry of activity like I've never seen before. Specifically, my old pictures of my original F1 collection. Some have recently gotten over 300 likes, which is a lot for me. So if nothing else, the hype around the launch sure seems to have stirred up interest in the original F1.

I even got a 'like' from the main man himself! What an honor. 😀

The COCO scores are just a group average, and it seems these are getting low scores because of the KITH branding and price. Ignoring those two negatives, I'm really curious about how people would rank the 10 models, or which are the favorites. Similar to how we ranked the five Monaco 50s or the ten heritage Carrera glassbox ranking poll that @imagwai did.

Maybe I'll start a separate thread about that.

EDIT: Here's the separate thread: https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/poll-rank-the-10-tag-heuer-x-kith-formula1-reissues.172236/

It's funny because I was thinking about how nearly all the watches score between 5 and 8 because with nearly 30 voters its super hard to get above 8 or below 5 because the average of 30 votes is always going to fall in that middle spot. But somehow the Kith Heuer F1s have managed it and then some. And that was even with me forgetting to take points off for the Kith branding.... 😁 No really, I actually forgot! At least I can correct my score at Christmas.
Edited: