2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

When you buy a Calibre 5 thinking it will be fine if I am careful as it’s the revised model with the issues fixed…then it needs a warranty repair within 6 months of purchase from new…then you could say romance is definitely dead!

Anyone who looks down on someone wearing quartz, be it analogue or digital, needs to have a word with themself as it’s a lifestyle choice at the end of the day.

I now have a mixture in my collection and, whilst they may not technically be equal, I enjoy each of them pretty much the same. I guess it comes down to making the right choice of piece rather than what’s inside.

Actually, I have a tendency to look down on myself when I wear a quartz watch. I had a word with myself but I wouldn't listen.

giphy.gif

I have had that lovely Carbon G Shock on since the weekend. I am obviously complete scum.

When you buy a Calibre 5 thinking it will be fine if I am careful as it’s the revised model with the issues fixed…

Where did you get the idea they’ve fixed the issues with the calibre 5? 😁

Actually, all joking aside, I don't have a problem with quartz, but I wish the second hand didn't tick. Only because if it doesn't hit every minute marker it bugs me. Of course you don't get that problem with a mechanical watch, or actually you can't see it. If they made sweeping quartz then that would be perfect. Actually Solar quartz is pretty cool because you don't have to mess about with the batteries.

So, do we think that since the 're-worked' F1 seems to be the only watch we know is coming next year, will they lead with that in Jan or will they save it for W&W 24?

Where did you get the idea they’ve fixed the issues with the calibre 5? 😁
I was given the impression that the latest Aquaracer’s had the slightly revised version of the Calibre5, when I was shopping for what to buy at that point. It’s clearly BS.

Panda was the first watch this year, or maybe the ladies bling Carrera (not 100% sure as it appeared on the website around the turn of the year)

Actually, all joking aside, I don't have a problem with quartz, but I wish the second hand didn't tick. Only because if it doesn't hit every minute marker it bugs me. Of course you don't get that problem with a mechanical watch, or actually you can't see it. If they made sweeping quartz then that would be perfect. Actually Solar quartz is pretty cool because you don't have to mess about with the batteries.
In that case my G Shock trumps you as it’s also Solar, but without and dodgy minute markers. 😀

In that case my G Shock trumps you as it’s also Solar, but without and dodgy minute markers. 😀

But my TAG Heuer Microtimer trumps you because it's Swiss and was the first digital watch to time to .000 of a second.

HA!

But my TAG Heuer Microtimer trumps you because it's Swiss and was the first digital watch to time to .000 of a second.

HA!
I tend to agree there, but not with the diamonds.

That is a cool piece, for sure!

Many micro brand watches use sweeping seconds hand quartz. My Geckota pool boy ticks four times per second IIRC and it looks pretty sweet compared to once per second

So, do we think that since the 're-worked' F1 seems to be the only watch we know is coming next year, will they lead with that in Jan or will they save it for W&W 24?
We know it is coming?? Perhaps W&W booth will be a F1 inspired retro booth, all about the F1 re-issue?

Many micro brand watches use sweeping seconds hand quartz. My Geckota pool boy ticks four times per second IIRC and it looks pretty sweet compared to once per second

Jah, but this is Swiss we are talking about. So sweeping second hands on quartz are a nono. It detracts from 'the message' that mechanical is better because it doesn't tick.

We know it is coming?? Perhaps W&W booth will be a F1 inspired retro booth, all about the F1 re-issue?

Yes we know it is coming. We just don't know when. Hodinkee know when, but they ain't saying. But when it comes they will be sure to remind you that they prompted this by writing about it this year.

Jah, but this is Swiss we are talking about. So sweeping second hands on quartz are a nono. It detracts from 'the message' that mechanical is better because it doesn't tick.
Ah yes OK I see your point yes