2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

Quartz is fine. Except of course it has no soul. But then since we hear that the whole #connectedtoeternity thing was a scam, with watchmakers switching out movements and not repairing them - seems like quartz isn't the second class citizen it was painted as.
The way I look at it, you can disassemble, clean, and replace parts on a mechanical movement. You can disassemble, clean, and replace parts on a (good) quartz movement. Or you can movement swap both.
Low cost ETA and Sellita (never mind Seiko and Miyota) mechanical movements are just as machine built as the equivalent quartz movement. You can decorate the bridges on a quartz if you want to (like Patek or Ebel). You can have a gum ball machine mechanical movement too. Calibre 5 or Grand Seiko 9f quartz movement? I’ll take the GS all day long. 😝

Not that I think there’s anything wrong with the cal. 5 as long as it’s an ETA. Sellita is dumpster scum

When you buy a Calibre 5 thinking it will be fine if I am careful as it’s the revised model with the issues fixed…then it needs a warranty repair within 6 months of purchase from new…then you could say romance is definitely dead!

Anyone who looks down on someone wearing quartz, be it analogue or digital, needs to have a word with themself as it’s a lifestyle choice at the end of the day.

I now have a mixture in my collection and, whilst they may not technically be equal, I enjoy each of them pretty much the same. I guess it comes down to making the right choice of piece rather than what’s inside.

Just to add I don't look down on anyone wearing quartz, just not for me. Most quartz chronos visually don't look good to me, 3 handers not a fan of the tick and digital just not a fan.

Just to add I don't look down on anyone wearing quartz, just not for me. Most quartz chronos visually don't look good to me, 3 handers not a fan of the tick and digital just not a fan.
I wasn’t suggesting anyone here does, just generalising as there are many people out there that do. What I meant was that people should wear what they choose and accept other people’s choices too. If Quartz and/or Digital is not your thing then I wouldn’t dare suggest to you that it should be, but the opposite is often said. That’s pretty much my point.

It is true that there is an element of quartz hating elitism in the watch world, probably the same kind of people who wouldn't be seen dead in anything but Levi jeans. How many times do we hear 'if TAG want to be considered luxury they need to get rid of their quartz watches'. I don't quite see how a Calibre 5 Selitta is more luxury than an 'in da house' Calibre S laptimer, if someone can explain that to me.

All this talk of movements, quartz and otherwise, has my head spinning. Are we not sposed to be talkin of affordable and bitchin F1 watches here? That may or may not be released?
"Take the checkered flag champ", high fashion for 600 bucks...
TAG Heuer Formula 1 Watch Timepiece Fashion.jpg

All this talk of movements, quartz and otherwise, has my head spinning. Are we not sposed to be talkin of affordable and bitchin F1 watches here? That may or may not be released?
"Take the checkered flag champ", high fashion for 600 bucks...
TAG Heuer Formula 1 Watch Timepiece Fashion.jpg
Fair enough. That piece looks great btw.

So will you be buying a new Brightly Coloured Plastic Retro Quartz Formula 1 if and when released, because…

A - you want to celebrate the original and want to wear the hell out of it long term.
B - of the Hype, its potential limited availability, perceived rareness and because everyone else is doing the same.
C - you just want one in your collection.
D - you think you can flip it at some point.

or

Not buying because:

A - it’s just not your thing.
B - you would not be seen dead wearing Quartz.

Some of the options are just a bit of fun btw.
Edited:

I would be an A and C - if its a good looking watch.

I also think quartz hate and appreciation are found along the watch collecting journey. Quartz is fine when we first start out and we "don't know better" and just bought what we thought was cool. You start collecting and getting "knowledge" about what a watch is supposed to be and turn your nose up at quartz and hone your taste. Then after you have a collection of watches that always need winding and setting when picked out, thats when you can appreciate the value of a quality quartz watch.

I had two quartz watches that I never wore for a couple years as my ocd couldn't handle the seconds hand missing the mark, I took off the seconds hand and solved that issue and now wear them often. The new Solargraph I purchased has excellent fit and finish, lightweight, cool lume and is a great grab and go. Currently my full time weekend watch and may be my most worn watch if this keeps up.

Thus completing the crazy circle of watch collecting...🤨

I recall a time when I was only going to buy mechanical watches in future. That didn't last.... but then again, I wanted to collect models from the 90s. Both have their downsides, maybe I can understand more if people look down on quartz if they only collect watches with better movements than bargain basement Sellita.

I can understand more if people look down on quartz if they only collect watches with better movements than bargain basement Sellita.

this ^^

I have a couple of F1 quartz watches that resemble these already. One is an Indy 500 edition and the other a Grande date with full dial lume. I could probably find more. What I am missing out on is the quirky and fun colors of the F1s from the 90's era. Snowy and AG-man always make me jealous when they post pics of these. 👍 Speedster-man has one too. Sadly these are just too small for my wrist, so hoping a proper re-edition might include that color range with some exciting lume options too. Perhaps offer two sizes for all to enjoy. You know, quartz for the smaller fellas and a nice sellita automatic movement at three times the price for us larger gents.

It is true that there is an element of quartz hating elitism in the watch world, probably the same kind of people who wouldn't be seen dead in anything but Levi jeans. How many times do we hear 'if TAG want to be considered luxury they need to get rid of their quartz watches'. I don't quite see how a Calibre 5 Selitta is more luxury than an 'in da house' Calibre S laptimer, if someone can explain that to me.
THIS

Ironically, all my jeans are actually Levi’s and all variations are the same cut. Just found the right fit and not entertained anything else.

Do I care what others wear though, absolutely not, as long as they fit them right. 😀

Ironically, all my jeans are actually Levi’s and all variations are the same cut. Just found the right fit and not entertained anything else.

Do I care what others wear though, absolutely not, as long as they fit them right. 😀
Snap. All Levis here too and I have a number of pairs. I have a 31 waist and Levis do all sizes (most other brands come in only 30 or 32) and they fit exactly right so why would I risk buying elsewhere?

Snap. All Levis here too and I have a number of pairs. I have a 31 waist and Levis do all sizes (most other brands come in only 30 or 32) and they fit exactly right so why would I risk buying elsewhere?

exactly, I just found the style number I like, then buy that style in the waist/leg every 2-3 years. In my case, it’s not a case of not being seen dead in anything else, it’s because I’m too lazy to mess around trying different styles on whenever I need jeans.

Changing brands frequently here, no loyalty from me as these jeans don't fit next year, always shrinking. Yeah, that's what it is, they shrink! 👎
No other possible way to splain it.