2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

Anyway - looks like the KITH Heuer F1s are a big succes

Just curious what this statement is based on. There's a lot of media attention on them, but I'm not seeing anything but disdain outside the media.

They've all but sold out. But then.... of course they have. Hype drop!

Just to clarify. I have not entered the drawing for any of them.

They've all but sold out. But then.... of course they have. Hype drop!

Just to clarify. I have not entered the drawing for any of them.

But that's typical for hyped limited run fashion items - r̶e̶s̶e̶l̶l̶e̶r̶s̶ parasites buy them up and relist them on eBay.

For the Portuguese fans among us, I just visited the boutique in Lisbon. There are no Kith-Heuer's in the house for the time being.

London has apparently sold out of the not lumed dial bracelet model, but they also said they hardly got any... so - no surprise then.

Isn't it funny how one of the things people always said about TH is that they are not a real watch company, they are a 'fashion' watch. I fear this is just fuel to that particular fire.

That first photo shows her look of contempt when she realised they had replaced TAG with Kith. Proper livid.
LOL. Could be. Or maybe she was just unhappy she's no longer at the beach. She posted this one of herself earlier that same day, already wearing her "New York" KITH-Heuer.
20240504_055219.jpg

That said I am on the drawing list for a Hawaii model. My chances are close to zero getting it though.
I'm in the drawing for that one too. Let's see what happens.
Good luck guys!
I enjoy my Ukyo Katayama (the original Hawaii) a lot. But I must warn you, it really does look like something a 4 year old would be wearing because of its Playskool colors and tiny size. However, at my age, I don't care what people think of what I wear.

I've decided not to enter the drawing, as I'm really leaning towards not getting one. I might change my mind if my local KITH store has some available in stock on Monday.

London has apparently sold out of the not lumed dial bracelet model, but they also said they hardly got any... so - no surprise then.
Weird Covent Garden I’ve been there today no later than this afternoon they told me they still have all 3

Just curious what this statement is based on. There's a lot of media attention on them, but I'm not seeing anything but disdain outside the media.
In all honesty: IIRC, the Moonswatch also got a lot of disdain by the non-media watchosphere. Didn't prevent Swatch from selling boatloads of them...

Weird Covent Garden I’ve been there today no later than this afternoon they told me they still have all 3
Maybe the buyers have good taste in that area?

Alexandra.jpg
NY.jpg

The New York was my 3rd favorite, after Tokyo and Hawaii. However, it might have just jumped to the top of my KITH list! 🥰
Edited:

Alexandra was at the launch! 😁
gettyimages-2151355150-1024x1024.jpg
That dress looks like she reached into the linen closet with her eyes closed and grabbed the wrong bedsheet for her home-made toga. 😲 😬 ::facepalm1::

That dress looks like she reached into the linen closet with her eyes closed and grabbed the wrong bedsheet for her home-made toga. 😲 😬 ::facepalm1::
Or perhaps the bedsheet from her hotel room. You should see what she wore to the gym in her IG post from yesterday. 😗
hotel room.jpeg
🥰

Ukyo.jpg

An interesting article from Esquire magazine on the Ukyo Katayama F1 and the KITH version it inspired: The Story of the Rarest Tag Heuer F1 Watch, the Ukyo Katayama (esquire.com)

Which BTW, features a picture taken (with credit) from @Aquagraph's TAG Heuer Enthusiast blog. Which if I'm not mistaken, might actually be a picture of @Snowy's wrist and watch, to give credit where credit is due. (Was it his, Rob?)
Snowy.jpg

I another article, Nicholas Biebuyck was quoted as saying the Ukyo Katayama F1 can go for as much as $2000 on the aftermarket. I bought mine for about $700, but saw listings in the $1300-$1500 range for NOS examples when I was looking.

This leads me to how TAG Heuer might have decided on the price for the KITH-Heuer F1. If a somewhat rare original model can go for these prices, then why not their similarly limited new re-release?