2023 TAG Heuer Monaco Night Driver (CBL2181)

At this point, Tag's pricing is confusing
$9550 for a limited edition, grade 5,DLC coated heur 02 Monaco with a fully lume dial
But $10750 for grade 2, core model Monaco...is Skeletinization that expensive?

Love the monochrome look but seeing as I haven't seen the dark lord in the flesh, not sure how easy it would be to get hands on with this

At this point, Tag's pricing is confusing
$9550 for a limited edition, grade 5,DLC coated heur 02 Monaco with a fully lume dial
But $10750 for grade 2, core model Monaco...is Skeletinization that expensive?

Love the monochrome look but seeing as I haven't seen the dark lord in the flesh, not sure how easy it would be to get hands on with this

It wasn't on the H01

No, it looked more fabulous before. Now it just looks desperate for attention

It is lovely indeed. The full dial lume would make for an awesone party attraction. Again its just the price that sucks. But a Grade 5 Titanium is a big jump I'd say. I suppose if you can justify the Carbon Monza price due to the carbon material, you can possibly justify the Night Driver price because of the G5 Titanium.

I much prefer the finishing on this Grade 5 titanium case over the sandblasted look of the Grade 2 finishes. I would buy one if it was priced around $8k. At its current price, I refuse to buy it out of protest! 😡👎

A panda C11 would be awesome actually. Maybe next year's titanium release !?!? 😗
No, I don't want it in titanium, TAG will probably increase their titanium Monacos to over $10k by next year.🫨

I'd be perfectly happy with a C11 like this in DLC stainless steel, priced similar to the Gulf model.
night-driver-i-wish-jpg.1663428

Very cool 👍 For the first time in a while I really envy those who have the necessary financial stamina to follow the price hikes.

Only two mini-gripes: (1) The strap, while nice, looks a bit like an afterthought and (2) maybe just one sprinkle of color would have given that Monaco the very final touch.

Since this is limited, I went to see it in person to make a final decision.

The dial tends to get washed out under bright lights and it doesn't photograph well. Looks better IRL.

This pic is more how I like it, but it's not really how it looks IRL either. It's somewhere in between the above pic and this one.

The lumed corners are actually more gray IRL, although they appear kind of off white in many pics. This pic is too dark, but shows more of the gray.

The verdict, I really like it. But I don't absolutely love it to where I can justify its price. So it's still a no for me.
Edited:

Since this is limited, I went to see it in person to make a final decision.

The dial tends to get washed out under bright lights and it doesn't photograph well. Looks better IRL.

This pic is more how I like it, but it's not really how it looks IRL either. It's somewhere in between the above pic and this one.

The lumed corners are actually more gray IRL, although they appear kind of off white in many pics. This pic is too dark, but shows more of the gray.

The verdict, I really like it. But I don't absolutely love it to where I can justify its price. So it's still a no for me.
Glad you were able to check it out in person. I agree it's hard to photograph.
That polished finish is a beauty for me.

Glad you were able to check it out in person. I agree it's hard to photograph.
That polished finish is a beauty for me.
For sure the finishing on the grade 5 titanium is a highlight of the watch. The polished parts look like black chrome and nicely complements the brushed surfaces. The dial was less compelling for me, nicer than some of the live pics, but not as nice as the pics in A Blog To Watch.

What if ... TAG used super luminova coating (or a simple glow in the dark thread) on the strap stitching also. that would've been uber cool!!!!