2023 TAG Heuer Carrera Skipper CBS2213.FN6002

A few of us have pre-ordered. If you're interested in getting one, contact your TH Boutique ASAP, to ensure you get it this week.

I'm not even going to ask for a render. I've overspent my annual budget horribly!!!!

A few of us have pre-ordered. If you're interested in getting one, contact your TH Boutique ASAP, to ensure you get it this week.
I've seen it live in the metal, I'm sure it will be popular but I've decided to pass.

Looking forward to the release and seeing all the pics regardless. Congrats in advance to all who pre-ordered!

Still think the Hodinkee Skipper will be the one to have. Might pick one up used, though, in a few years if heavily discounted. Are these limited in number or regular line-up?

Still think the Hodinkee Skipper will be the one to have. Might pick one up used, though, in a few years if heavily discounted. Are these limited in number or regular line-up?
I was told it's a LE, 1200 pieces, by my boutique.
(Still not 100% sure, since others were saying it wasn't supposed to be a LE.)

I was quite surprised by the standard blue version when I saw it in the window of an AD when our and about on the weekend. I am still not a fan, but it was a good big nicer than I thought from the photos. Looks proper small though, as expected.

I think this version will be nicer again in fairness.

I was told it's a LE, 1200 pieces, by my boutique.
(Still not 100% sure, since others were saying it wasn't supposed to be a LE.)

I've heard it's a "limited production" similar to the Dark Lord, but now that those are languishing in display cases I wonder if TAG is fine-tuning the production numbers.

I have also handled this in the metal and decided to buy it. The Hodinkee Skipper may still be the collectors' darling due to its very limited numbers and values, but this is far ahead of that in terms of quality. The detail work on this Skipper is better than that of any TAG I've seen before.

I've heard it's a "limited production" similar to the Dark Lord, but now that those are languishing in display cases I wonder if TAG is fine-tuning the production numbers.
I was also told only 50 coming to the US in the initial batch, but more later. This was also similar to the Dark Lord, so I hope what you've heard is correct. I'd much rather it be a SE like the Dark Lord, although @Anthony.R also heard from his boutique that it's a LE.

The detail work on this Skipper is better than that of any TAG I've seen before.
In what way bruh? Now I am slightly intreaged to see this thing too

I was also told only 50 coming to the US in the initial batch, but more later.

Yeah similar info from my end. I do hope these don't end up sitting on shelves though, like the Dark Lord has.

In what way bruh? Now I am slightly intreaged to see this thing too

I'll share my crappy photos (the new NY boutique is very nice! But the lighting is difficult :/ ) once officially launched, but it's got some really neat touches. I highly recommend finding a way to check it out in person, I don't know how well these things are gonna come across in renders or even really good photos.

Yeah similar info from my end. I do hope these don't end up sitting on shelves though, like the Dark Lord has.

Maybe if it was priced a bit more realistically they wouldn't be sitting on shelves...

Maybe if it was priced a bit more realistically they wouldn't be sitting on shelves...
This is the issue. Although I simply had to buy my panda, it was hideously overpriced. I just can't bring myself to spend Rolex, Omega and Grand Seiko money on any more Carreras.

True

I just can't bring myself to spend Rolex, Omega and Grand Seiko money on any more Carreras.

The Skipper is under $7k.

The Skipper is under $7k.
Yeah, it's only slightly more than the standard new glassbox. A relative bargain compared to those pricey Monaco Skeletons. Even the panda feels like a bargain compared to the skeletons.