2023 TAG Heuer Carrera Glassbox 18k gold (CBS2240.FC8319)

Then I see a Tudor and think "I'd rather spend my money on that."
We should produce forum t-shirts with this printed on the chest

We should produce forum t-shirts with this printed on the chest

Or this...
"I guess I like it when Dempsey wears it, but I just don't personally want one. "

Then I go home right after and forget that I even liked it at all.

This is surely the T-Shirt that would sell the most.

For me, this is key to whether something is worth purchasing. That’s assuming the money is available and isn’t needed for something else, so as not to confuse matters.

If I would have to choose between this one and a Zenith G381 revival currently listed on C24 at usd 15.4k, the latter considering the 50 year warranty and complimentary services makes it a steal:

Why Ronaldo? He’s not Swedish, doesn’t/didn’t drive F1.
I know, right!? He probably doesn't even wear it anymore, since he's no longer an ambassador. 🤦

480494-c7f673e3cefab9e214b156f29c81b685.jpg
490170-3998ffd0c23e7aadb2b0b8b35fbf96fc.jpg

If I would have to choose between this one and a Zenith G381 revival currently listed on C24 at usd 15.4k, the latter considering the 50 year warranty and complimentary services makes it a steal:

Zenith knows how to do re-editions right. But many of their watches don't hold their value well once on the aftermarket.

The good thing is this golden Carrera is not listed as a Limited Edition or Special Edition or even Limited Availability. So if prices come down on the aftermarket in a few years to around $15k, it might make getting one a bit more palatable. I really do think it's a gorgeous looking tribute, but I'm biased by my adoration of the 1158CHN.

Zenith knows how to do re-editions right. But many of their watches don't hold their value well once on the aftermarket.

The good thing is this golden Carrera is not listed as a Limited Edition or Special Edition or even Limited Availability. So if prices come down on the aftermarket in a few years to around $15k, it might make getting one a bit more palatable. I really do think it's a gorgeous looking tribute, but I'm biased by my adoration of the 1158CHN.
I like the vertical stripes on the Carrera dial, but the running seconds and the tachy bezel make it less attractive to me.

I like the vertical stripes on the Carrera dial, but the running seconds and the tachy bezel make it less attractive to me.
The under glass bezel on all the new glassbox Carreras is the thing that I'm most hesitant about. It reminds me of the cough drops I used to take as a kid. Like @Ara, sometimes I think it's ok, sometimes I don't.

The good thing is this golden Carrera is not listed as a Limited Edition or Special Edition or even Limited Availability. So if prices come down on the aftermarket in a few years to around $15k, it might make getting one a bit more palatable.

That would require people to buy it new...

So is this a steel 'bezel' or is it just the glass?
TAG says it's 18k gold-plated. If you're referring to the outer edge in that pic, that's the crystal again.