2023 Monaco releases

20230620_163224.jpg

Saw this and the blue in Oxford Street today, sold out of the turquoise. Strap is truly dreadful. Not fussed about the watch either to be honest.

Paraphrasing Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack": "Ugly watch - looks good on YOU though!"

Yes, in terms of media impact.

But in terms of an all new product intro, surely TAG has spent a lot of R&D on the Monaco skeleton. I just find it odd that nobody is talking about them on youtube.

Very strange indeed that there are no Reviews.
Surely T&T or Monochrome should have something. Also surprising Hodinkee don't have anything.

Almost an entire month after the skeleton's release and there isn't a single hands on video review of this watch on youtube. I find this very strange, given that the Skeletons are arguably TAG's 2nd biggest release for '23, after the glassbox Carreras.

It's not very often that TAG releases an entirely new watch, yet nobody's done any videos on these. Go figure? ::confused2::
And as if by magic, Time+Tide have just uploaded their video

Skip the first 20 seconds, unless you need to see Steve McQueen again. :rolleyes:

Paraphrasing Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack": "Ugly watch - looks good on YOU though!"

I don't think it does though. I'd take the £6k Porsche Carrera over this any day of the week

And as if by magic, Time+Tide have just uploaded their video
I like how they chose to show a Cal.12 CAW2111 as the "modern" Monaco ::facepalm2::

Very strange indeed that there are no Reviews.
Surely T&T or Monochrome should have something. Also surprising Hodinkee don't have anything.
One down, two more to go? But actually, these aren't the types of videos that I'm looking for. They're typically rather neutral and play things too safe, like this latest T&T video.

I'm more curious about the unabashed opinions of the independent Youtubers.

One down, two more to go? But actually, these aren't the types of videos that I'm looking for. They're typically rather neutral and play things too safe, like this latest T&T video.

I'm more curious about the unabashed opinions of the independent Youtubers.
Yes Mate. Not much in that at all.

Hodinkee clearly don't consider the V4 MONACO to be a Monaco.... :rolleyes:

The 'dink showing the Monaco in er Monaco. Easy reading but feel Hodinkee now writing 'fluffier' stuff away from their core audience, to their next perceived audience https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-tag-heuer-monaco-skeleton-chronograph-is-a-not-so-subtle-flex
The article was more about a 12 year old's holiday homework about where they went during the summer. The writing style is also aimed at the Gen Z and the Alphas who simply want to get "associated" with a trend (wearing a Monaco in Monaco during Monaco) without caring about the actual association.

Hodinkee clearly don't consider the V4 MONACO to be a Monaco.... :rolleyes:
I thought the exact same thing. Talk about absolute laziness to do research

The article was more about a 12 year old's holiday homework about where they went during the summer. The writing style is also aimed at the Gen Z and the Alphas who simply want to get "associated" with a trend (wearing a Monaco in Monaco during Monaco) without caring about the actual association.

I thought the exact same thing. Talk about absolute laziness to do research

Agree, although V4 passed me by, the Riveria was .

Feel since they had a change in staff, lost Jack, the articles/ reporting & even videos - Talking Watches have become run of the mill. Least James Stacey produces some great reviews (always read in his voice - seeing as I've listened to TGN since day 1) Brandon does some good week on the wrists, but his YouTube reviews were just as good before.

Fratello for me wins for articles

The 'dink showing the Monaco in er Monaco. Easy reading but feel Hodinkee now writing 'fluffier' stuff away from their core audience, to their next perceived audience https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-tag-heuer-monaco-skeleton-chronograph-is-a-not-so-subtle-flex
Feel since they had a change in staff, lost Jack, the articles/ reporting & even videos -
The article was written by Malaika Crawford, their Style Editor. Formerly from Highsnobiety and she seems more about style & fashion. She's probably more in touch with the youth demographic that TAG Heuer traditionally targets than many of the other journalists.
Jump to 4:04 if you're interested in Paul Newman's watches.
Edited:

Least James Stacey produces some great reviews (always read in his voice - seeing as I've listened to TGN since day 1)
I also really enjoy his writing and perspective on new watches as well as the podcast. I'm surprised he has stayed with the dinky dink for this long.

The article was written by Malaika Crawford, their Style Editor. Formerly from Highsnobiety and she seems more about style & fashion. She's probably more in touch with the youth demographic that TAG Heuer traditionally targets than many of the other journalists.
Jump to 4:04 if you're interested in Paul Newman's watches.
Watching that video did anyone else get The Hunger Games vibes (the Stanley Tucci & Elizabeth Banks characters)?
That puts her article into context. Most people probably only buy watches based on visual appeal, so this article makes sense for that particular audience and not for those of us who prefer more horological substance.

I also really enjoy his writing and perspective on new watches as well as the podcast. I'm surprised he has stayed with the dinky dink for this long.

Gotta pay ya rent i guess