2023 Monaco releases

Would be tough actually... but being dispassionate about it the Chopard is a better watch.

I didn't know that the long end of the strap was tapered. A move away from the standard flat end straps, won't make any difference though

That DLC looks great. £9800 would buy quite a few watches off my list thou…

For me, the black and blue are best - with slight edge to the black. Amazing how the titanium makes them wear much better.

also tried the dark lord. Nice, but for me these top that - the DL is much more shiny.

For me, the black and blue are best - with slight edge to the black. Amazing how the titanium makes them wear much better.

also tried the dark lord. Nice, but for me these top that - the DL is much more shiny.
Did you buy it? Exciting to see who will be first in the forum

Did you buy it? Exciting to see who will be first in the forum
Not yet - have a twitchy credit card however (for the black)

Like I said before, they're actually slimmer than the standard H02 by maybe a mm. These wear so much better in titanium though. It's really too bad about the price otherwise this could have been a fun one
They're listed as 14.7mm in thickness. Which is slimmer than the 15.2mm of the standard H02 but still slightly thicker than the 14.3mm C11/C12 models.

The sub-dials remind me a lot of the old Calibre12/LS hybrid Monaco ref. CAL2113
b8fd895a-4f11-4c70-b776-83c43b3277bd.jpg

The sub-dials remind me a lot of the old Calibre12/LS hybrid Monaco ref. CAL2113
b8fd895a-4f11-4c70-b776-83c43b3277bd.jpg
Yes, although the new subdials are a bit thinner and look more refined.

Here are live pics of the black and blue dial models. I haven’t seen the DLC one yet.
These are planned to be core lineup models and not limited, maybe the DLC one is.

IMG_1999.jpeg

IMG_2001.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2002.jpeg
I like the "Darth Monaco" (black with red accents). The blue is a bit of a miss, while the turquoise's subdial accents look a bit too plasticky to me.

I like the "Darth Monaco" (black with red accents). The blue is a bit of a miss, while the turquoise's subdial accents look a bit too plasticky to me.
More like Darth Maul. ;)
My order of preference is: 1) black/turquoise, 2) racing red, and 3) original blue.

Much like the Carbon Monza, I'm not sure how I feel about these new Monaco Skeletons. I'm glad to see TAG creating new bold designs and these are nicer than the early draft renders. However skeletons are not my personal style and then there's the price.

The Carbon Monza actually sees more palattable compared to the skeletons in my opnion, but again it's the price that plays a major factor in swaying one away for both

My first thought was "TRON" - and that goes deeper than just the lume, because once you get past the sci-fi look and flashy colours it's just a guy in light-up pyjamas.

Would much rather have a Twenty-Four, honestly. The lume-backlit date is pretty neat, but beyond that it looks like a re-dial and nothing more. Bamford-style!

They're listed as 14.7mm in thickness. Which is slimmer than the 15.2mm of the standard H02 but still slightly thicker than the 14.3mm C11/C12 models.

Yeah I think the H02s will always be thicker than the C11. Which is strange considering the modular construction of the latter but it's just more lazy design from TAG

More like Darth Maul. ;)
My order of preference is: 1) black/turquoise, 2) racing red, and 3) original blue.

Much like the Carbon Monza, I'm not sure how I feel about these new Monaco Skeletons. I'm glad to see TAG creating new bold designs and these are nicer than the early draft renders. However skeletons are not my personal style and then there's the price.
I’m thinking - if you like hublot, you’ll like these. It’s a bit like the lines are getting blurred between the brands.

the racing heritage is being diluted a bit here with a new bold style. Nothing wrong with that IMO, but it’s a love/ hate thing. They are much nicer in the flesh than they are in photos, I’ll say that for sure.

I’m thinking - if you like hublot, you’ll like these. It’s a bit like the lines are getting blurred between the brands.
Yes, a poor people's Hublot is a spot on description. In terms of fit and finish I doubt the Monaco will be anywhere close to the Hublot though

Yeah I think the H02s will always be thicker than the C11. Which is strange considering the modular construction of the latter but it's just more lazy design from TAG
TAG did reduce thickness of the new glassbox Carreras down to somewhere between 13-13.9mm. I doubt that the TH-20 is any thinner than the H02. Maybe some of the thickness comes from the sunken subdial design of the H02 Monacos compared to the rather flat subdials of the C11/C12. Anyway, it's nice to see that these new skeletons are thinner than the standard H02.
Edited:

I also get a Zenith skeleton vibe from these Monacos. Seems like a LVMH family DNA trait.
Zenith-Defy-Classic-Skeleton-3.jpg

I’m thinking - if you like hublot, you’ll like these.

With the lightness it struck me more as ‘Richard Mille does a Monaco’