Forums Latest Members

2022 TAG Heuer Connected (E4) - Discussions Thread

1. cassis

cassis Mar 15, 2022

2.26 ?? Wear Os 2.34. And yes this is the E4 45mm.

2. gmetrail

gmetrail Mar 15, 2022

Just had a good discussion with Tag support. Looks like the Carbon and 01C watchfaces are currently not available on the E4, and he had no idea if and when they would be made available.

He also escalated my comments about UTC and Farenheit in the Tag complications, so hopefully that will make it in a future update.

3. Brent Woolgar

Brent Woolgar Mar 15, 2022

Hello all - question re the e4 (45mm) charger / stand - I am finding the watch does not "fit" the stand very well and you have to adjust multiple times to actually get it positioned properly so charging occurs at a normal rate. Last night I put watch on stand at 10pm - it came up with the charge screen (38% battery) and at 4am it was at 87% charge. I took it off stand for a minute, fiddle with it a bit more and then the last 13% charge took about 20 minutes (so I assume over night it wasnt on the stand properly). Is anyone else finding the new charger / stand a bit annoying?

4. gmetrail

gmetrail Mar 15, 2022

I have not experienced that problem once the watch is well in place. I noticed that it needs to get into place well at the bottom though. There might also be a difference between the 42 and 45... Especially if the charger is the same for both (unknown if it's the case).

Out of interest as you have a 45. Do you have the carbon and 01C watchfaces - wondering if it's a size of display optimization issue.

5. Brent Woolgar

Brent Woolgar Mar 15, 2022

Thanks for reply - it is the black 45mm watch and it is more of a physical attachment issue - the watch does not connect / attach well to the stand so it appears it can be on the stand but not charging properly and if you move it (rotate slightly) while on the stand it can stop charging but be otherwise attached. Not the best explanation sorry. Perhaps another way of saying it is there is not a great fit of the watch to the stand.

6. cassis

cassis Mar 16, 2022

No problem here with the 45 and the stand. Magnet is very strong and as soon as I put the watch on the stand base, it get attached and charged straight away. Like it !

7. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 16, 2022

Having a good day today.
    No AOD
    Tilt to wake
    45mm E4
    F6F0C8E0-F6B7-41C6-908A-DCF5E2BAA8F9.png

8. Brent Woolgar

Brent Woolgar Mar 16, 2022

Hi - just checking when you watch is on the charger is it rotated slightly down to the left?

cassis likes this.
  9. cassis

cassis Mar 16, 2022

Did not really notice... I even tap on the watch to check the screen a couple of times and still the charge was on.

10. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 16, 2022

Not that I've noticed. This is how mine looks.
    26A8350E-17F2-4ECA-8313-8315811FA03C.jpeg

11. ra73

ra73 Mar 16, 2022

Hi. I’m a newbie to this forum, hope you guys are ok. I had the e3 golf edition and took a gamble in selling it late last year in the hope of tag making an e4 version, and this photo was on a online retailer back on February and was taken down immediately for some reason, so I was hoping if you could confirm they are going to release the golf version of the e4 for definite, as there is no news from tag heuer themselves, despite being in contact with them several times. Thanks and kind regards

(Picture removed because the images of this version are still under embargo)

Edited by a mod Mar 16, 2022
    Anthony.R likes this.
  12. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 16, 2022

Hi
    Welcome to the forum.
    I can definitely confirm that a golf edition will come out in April.
    The image you share is the one.
    Good move selling your E3 and picking up the E4.

I too will get the E4 Golf Edition on release.

All the best.

cassis, Albert-AMG and ra73 like this.
  13. ra73

ra73 Mar 16, 2022

Hi Anthony R. That’s absolutely fantastic. Thanks for confirming this, I really appreciate you for confirming this, and this is something to look forward to for sure, better battery life, better brighter screen, better processor, and update to wear os3, I think this version will be worth it for sure. Thanks again and kind regards, this forum is brilliant, keeps everyone informed of what’s going on with this really good watch.

Albert-AMG and Anthony.R like this.
  14. cassis

cassis Mar 17, 2022

shit, I cam too late to see the golf edition pictures :cool:. Can you confirm this is basically a black Ti version with green marking as for Gen 3 ?

15. ra73

ra73 Mar 17, 2022

Hi cassis. The photo posted by the online watch company is exactly what you said, it’s the black titanium version of the g3 with the g4 buttons and new crown
    Cheers and kind regards

(Picture removed because images of this version -still not oficially launched- are still under embargo)

Edited by a mod Mar 17, 2022
  16. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 17, 2022

@ra73 please don’t post again this picture unless your intention is to create problems for this forum ;)
    The reason to remove it was already explained the first time you posted it. Thanks :thumbsup:

17. cassis

cassis Mar 17, 2022

I missed it again ::popcorn::
    I was not asking for the picture again as this is not accepted on the forum, just a description ;-)

cheers !

Edited Mar 17, 2022
    Albert-AMG likes this.
  18. Brent Woolgar

Brent Woolgar Mar 21, 2022

Hello again and thank you Anthony.R for posting a pic of your watch on the charger. Below is a photo of mine - it is rotated down to the left a little as this is how the magnets attach it to the charger whereas in your photo your watch is perfectly aligned (the 45 on bezel lines up with the charge light etc). Problem is - once every 3 or 4 times of attaching to charger it doesnt charge - I get the charging watch face but it just sits on the battery value it was on before charging so there seems to be a problem with the attachment to the charger. Is anyone else having this problem?
    IMG_0364.jpeg

19. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 21, 2022

I would take the charger back to a TAG boutique or AD and get it replaced. I know they have spare chargers in store. Take your watch also to show the misalignment and check on the alignment before you leave with a new charger.
    Good luck and let us know how you go.

cassis and Albert-AMG like this.
  20. Brent Woolgar

Brent Woolgar Mar 22, 2022

Anthony.R you are a champion!! Took charger back to TAG Boutique and the charger I had was for the 42mm - swapped out for the 45mm (correct) charger and now working as intended :). They also gave me a branded Hydro Flask for my trouble so excellent outcome all round. Thanks for the advice.

Albert-AMG and Anthony.R like this.