Forums Latest Members

2022 TAG Heuer Carrera Heritage Red LE (CBK221G-FC6479)

1. imagwai

imagwai Jul 28, 2022

Sure, but I mean some will have gone to regular punters who don't keep a close eye on the watch market rather than watch enthusiast serial flippers (like me).

2. Yago

Yago Jul 28, 2022

Red really means red at TAG Heuer. A bit much for me, imagine everyone staring at the stoplight on your wrist.
    I really like the teal so I’ll forgive them for this one. The panda will also help ;)
    The Rake issued a few B&R LEs that had really nice red and orange colours. And quite goodlooking straps :D

1C8F380A-31F1-4252-8CEF-72212857DFDA.jpeg

3. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Jul 28, 2022

Completely agree. The croc strap is a departure from the brand's racing DNA which was imbibed in the perforated rally straps. My purple Monaco also felt more of a "lifestyle" watch than a racing inspired watch.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  4. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Jul 28, 2022

I loved the orange dial (Negroni) - but thankfully my wife banged some sense in me!!! :whistling:

Hubert and imagwai like this.
  5. abrod520

abrod520 Jul 28, 2022

:eek: ::popcorn:: LMAO

Yago and imagwai like this.
  6. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Jul 28, 2022

::facepalm1::

Hubert likes this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 28, 2022

[​IMG]

I'd take this personally

8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jul 28, 2022

upload_2022-7-28_20-15-0.jpeg

9. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 28, 2022

Remo and imagwai like this.
  10. Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein Jul 28, 2022

It's good to be here. David made tremendous contributions to the body of knowledge about Heuer and TAG Heuer, and to the community of enthusiasts. It will be impossible for anyone (or even any group of people) to replace him, but I will try to be available regarding vintage Heuer, Heuer heritage, etc.

Currently, there is a relative "shortage" of content about new watches that TAG Heuer is releasing. I will do the best I can on that front, at least for models with "heritage" roots, like the new Red Dial Carrera.

Here is a posting that I wrote for The Edge re the history of "Red", in Heuer chronographs -- https://magazine.tagheuer.com/en/2022/07/28/the-carrera-goes-full-red/

I'm looking forward to contributing here.

11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 28, 2022

^ Fantastic @Jeff Stein; a warm welcome to you. Hopefully David will contribute a bit more in the future, we certainly miss his daily presence.

12. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Jul 29, 2022

US website now shows out of stock.

Hubert likes this.
  13. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Jul 30, 2022

Good for TH then. Courage paid off :thumbsup:
    The above was my personal and subjective impulse reaction, but I wanted to wait a little bit before writing a slightly more substantial one - even though, after 48h, this watch almost feels like “old” news already…

I have now glanced over all content re. this Carrera that was out there to read, look at or watch and, overall, I still think this model variant is esthetically more of a miss than a hit. While this obviously remains a subjective appreciation, I think there are two points, which might actually be a bit more objective:

First, red is already a “loud” color in and of itself. And giving it a sunburst treatment is IMHO just too much. Rather, I think that red dials work better when they’re matte and/or have a dégradé/fumé element to them. I actually own such a dive watch (which I still do not wear that often) and have semi-lusted after a vintage Defy with such a dial for some time; photos below:
    B424C17D-4D55-41F8-9A3F-B3CDA2AB7168.jpeg
    306902FB-7044-4455-A583-D5456C9F5372.jpeg

Second, I think that this loud and flashy dial feels particularly out of place on a vintage-inspired Carrera, given that, historically, the Carrera has always been a chrono which has distinguished itself by a very clean design and supreme legibility (including compared with many of its contemporary rivals). Thus I’m specifically not a huge fan of sunburst red on the 39mm glassbox Carrera…

TheorPhys likes this.
  14. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Jul 30, 2022

Last thought: What is it with LVMH watch brands and limited editions these days??? I have the distinct impression that Hublot, Zenith and TH have become the worst offenders in that arena over the last (ca.) 3 year, with every month bringing along at least one LE for each brand…

In the case of TH, I really wonder why they do this and whether it’s not actually starting to hurt the core collection, which just feels very “middle of the road” (and a bit boring) compared to the LEs. I remember that Omega was accused, by the watch community, of devaluating the Moonwatch with an incessant stream of LEs not that long ago, but I think the SG has turned that ship around rather intelligently.

dtf and Jim Dollares like this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 2, 2022

Not pictured here the Telemeter
    PXL_20220730_123124915~2.jpg

Remo, thingziliketoo, NGO1 and 13 others like this.
  16. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Aug 2, 2022

So there is one for every day of the week, since you're wearing the telemeter tonite of course:thumbsup:

Hubert likes this.
  17. imagwai

imagwai Aug 2, 2022

Like it Hubert - amazing collection. Just need a rally strap for the red now. Which is your favourite? I think I'd have to go with the dato or the green personally (still love my silver, though).

thingziliketoo and Albert-AMG like this.
  18. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 2, 2022

::love:: ::love:: ::love::
    What a fantastic glassbox Carrera family you have at home!! Congrats @Hubert !! :thumbsup:

As @imagwai wrote, I guess you are also going to put a leather rally strap on the red Carrera ;)

Hubert likes this.
  19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 2, 2022

Rightly or wrongly, they do it because they sell 500 watches in a matter of days. Does it hurt them in the long run? No I don't think so. They generate a lot of media noise and then they disappear. For all the fuss over the purple Monaco it already seems to be sinking into the background and everyone goes back to cooing over their blue SMQs. No harm done and it keeps the Monaco in the limelight. After all it's hard to generate clicks with a bog standard watch, so yeah, LE's are about a)making a lot of money very quickly and b) generating social media hype.

What they do in five years when they've gone through every conceivable dial colour though?

20. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Aug 2, 2022

Congratulations mate.
    That is an awesome set.

Hubert likes this.