Forums Latest Members

2022 TAG Heuer Aquaracer GMT WBP2010.BA0632

1. Chrisred71

Chrisred71 Jul 26, 2023

So what ? You think the Aquaracer qualify as an homage because of colors alone ?

2. stevec14

stevec14 Jul 26, 2023

Which bit of leave it and move on do you not understand?

you seem desperate for an argument over a year old post.

give it up….

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 26, 2023

Chris, I agree with you, BUT do you seriously think TAG would have made a blue/red bezel if Rolex hadn't done it first?

VirgileF likes this.
  4. Chrisred71

Chrisred71 Jul 26, 2023

Because if you do think that then every watch on the market with pepsi/batman bezels are full blown homages.

5. Chrisred71

Chrisred71 Jul 26, 2023

Sure, they wouldn't have, and the blue/white is much more genuine in that regard. But still, picking same colors don't qualify for the homage moniker in my book. Let's leave it at that yeah.

Aquagraph likes this.
  6. imagwai

imagwai Jul 26, 2023

Let's not pretend that TAG didn't choose to release it in those colours because they were similar to the Rolex or that some people didn't buy it for the same reason.

I wouldn't call it a full-blown homage and certainly isn't a copy, but the comparison with the Rolex isn't a stretch either. The watch world is full of brands jumping on band wagons and copying each other's colours and designs. Lots of other brands have used those colours too, including Timex. Those that use that colour scheme right now all pay "homage" in some varying degree to the Rolex. Rolex has produced pieces that take design elements from other brands over the years too.

thingziliketoo, stevec14 and dtf like this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 26, 2023

Yeah, but Timex did it in the 1970s so somehow that makes it okay.... :rolleyes:

8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jul 26, 2023

To be fair, most divers I've considered around 100-200 dollares have ceramic bezels :cool: You'll find a splendid quality for the money Pagani, Addiesdive etc on Amazon, with ceramic bezel inserts, for around 150. You can buy ceramic bezel inserts in all kinds of colours for around 50 dollares to use for Seiko mods. Since ceramic bezel inserts are so insanely cheap, I wonder if it was a matter of cutting cost for TAG. Personally I think the aluminium insert looks hundred times better for a pepsi so I appreciate this choice on the old Aquaracer.

thingziliketoo and dtf like this.