Forums Latest Members

2021 TAG Heuer Monaco Titan Special Edition Calibre 11

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 9, 2021

OK, the official word is in. The "Le Mans" boxes are not correct for the Titan and were sent in error. If anyone has one of these boxes and would like the correct replacement, please drop me a DM and I will connect you with TAG Heuer.

I guess the next question is why were the boxes made with this wording? Surely it's either that at one time, that was going to be the name of this watch, or that there is an upcoming Le Mans Monaco. I know we all want it to be the second, but I feel it's the first (speculating only).

Jim Dollares likes this.
  2. imagwai

imagwai Jun 9, 2021

Maybe it was originally planned to be a Le Mans edition but it got changed. Or that was what it was referred to internally at some point. Seems the more likely explanation than sending out the wrong boxes from another forthcoming special edition.

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 9, 2021

That's my guess.

But, TAG Heuer seems to have produced several of these red boxes for different watches- they're the same on the outside, and almost the same on the inside other than the text...so I could see how the "wrong" version of the red box was sent.

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 9, 2021

I guess we'll know in about 2 months time. My gut tells me there's a surprise coming. :whistling:

Jim Dollares and Anthony.R like this.
  5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 9, 2021

I've been told August is when they will release the Lemans Monaco. Will be exciting to see if rumours are true!

Anthony.R likes this.
  6. MonacoMike

MonacoMike Jun 10, 2021

My guess is a Le Mans 50th Anniversary Edition is coming, and If I had to speculate, I'd guess we'll see the blue McQueen dial setup in the titanium case. Thinking about it like, if Steve McQueen were to wear a Monaco while making the movie today, this would be the most modern interpretation of that watch, while still holding onto some of the classic Monaco design cues (left-hand crown, horizontal indices).

Plus, it seems like a lot of trouble to go through producing the Calibre 11 Monaco case in titanium to only use it for one run of 500 silver dialed Titans.

imagwai and Mspeedster like this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 10, 2021

Well that would make sense...

8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 10, 2021

My guess is solid yellow gold C11 Monaco in a very limited run

MonacoMike likes this.
  9. MonacoMike

MonacoMike Jun 10, 2021

That's an interesting take, too - being the "golden" birthday. How about rose gold? That would be really cool, too. Either would wind up well into 5 figures...

10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 10, 2021

Last time I went to Oxford Street they still had the last solid gold Monaco in stock...

11. MonacoMike

MonacoMike Jun 10, 2021

How much???

12. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 10, 2021

Let me consult my notes....

13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 10, 2021

14. MonacoMike

MonacoMike Jun 10, 2021

15. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 10, 2021

I like this idea, but I wonder how many existing CAW211P owners would go for such a watch? It will look almost the same at a glance, but cost a lot more.

If they release a "Le Mans LE" 50th anniversary movie Monaco, it absolutely should have some inspiration from the movie. A blue dial of some type is practically a "must have". Whether they give it some form of Gulf treatment or stripes (recall the CAW211D striped McQueen) or precious metal case or something else, it needs a movie theme tie-in IMHO.

But again, I feel a Le Mans Edition should have a blue dial. Yellow gold and blue is a bit much for me. I'd rather see titanium, white gold or platinum. All of these options will only be for those with very deep pockets. Hence, my preference would be a stainless steel case and something else special about the dial and caseback.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  16. imagwai

imagwai Jun 10, 2021

Interesting discussion. Some really good thoughts here about what may or may not get released. I'm coming round to thinking maybe something is in the pipeline after all. I just thought we'd had enough limited editions this year, but I guess one more won't make that much difference!

17. Jim Dollares

Most things going forward limited editions it feels like, the new standard production is limited runs. Ruins a bit of the fun in my opinion.

I doubt the Lemans Monaco will be white gold, dont forget we've got the white gold glassbox coming. Looking back through the history of racing and Heuer, a yellow gold makes more sense to me.

18. Jim Dollares

Has anyone come across a good source to see better photos of the Max piece unique masterpiece with 33 on the dial?

19. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 10, 2021

Some great ideas…but I’m still of the view that it’s not happening.

20. El Matarife

El Matarife Jun 10, 2021

I noticed Max was wearing it again at Baku, even though it didn't bring him good luck. I wonder if he will wear it all year, gonna keep my eyes peeled.

Jim Dollares likes this.