1. dtf

dtf Apr 1, 2021

200m isn’t a joke?

2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 1, 2021

No the smaller size will be 200m

3. imagwai

imagwai Apr 1, 2021

Squale can sell you an original, proper Swiss made automatic with ETA movement resistant to 5atm (500m) for under $1k. But I guess they don't have the allure of the TAG brand name.

DATee likes this.
  4. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 1, 2021

Lets not compare specs and value for money, there is always something with better specifications for less money :) I guess market research tells them 200m is plenty enough for the average customer. I mean, other brands sell divers with 100m water resistance and seem to do fine, isnt for example the Oris diver 65 specified to 100m. I think Aquaracer is not a watch you buy when you want "the best", its something you buy cause it looks insanely good, is well built and has the TAG name.

Aquagraph likes this.
  5. Yago

Yago Apr 1, 2021

I like those a lot

imagwai likes this.
  6. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Apr 1, 2021

I got it. There's no way they'd do a "Heuer" branded Aquaracer. Also, "Heuer" & "45mm" simply don't go together either.

ASW likes this.
  7. imagwai

imagwai Apr 1, 2021

I think the point I was kind of trying to make, or one of them, was that the people who will mainly buy the Aquaracer are really after the brand name rather than the specs. Not that anybody really uses either of these watches for diving these days anyway.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 1, 2021

Ahaa sorry buddy I misunderstood, then we are on the same page :)

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Apr 1, 2021

People also pay of a hell of a lot for the Rolex brand...

10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Apr 1, 2021

I wish this was an April Fool.... never mind the rubber 'racing strap'.

Hubert likes this.
  11. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Apr 4, 2021

Well, after trying several other dive watch on the more and less the same price range, i'd say that Aquaracer is still usable on real diving situation. I can't imagine diving wearing Legend Diver Longines though. The lume is just too minimal. I mean you could obviously do it. But i would choose AR over LD in real diving situation.

Just my two cents.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  12. Remo

Remo Apr 5, 2021

That hexagon-pattern on the caseback of the upcoming AR reminds me of something. Could it be the revival of the carbon hairspring? IMG_20210405_175859.jpg

13. JAH

JAH Apr 5, 2021

Hopefully it is the continuation of the bezel shape....

14. Yago

Yago Apr 5, 2021

Not the bezel

15. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Apr 5, 2021

7th April 2021...at least something to look forward too...prefer the old diver logo. But Tag Heuer is well known for bringing something new. No problem too about that too. As long as the watch super good :thumbsup:

Remo and thingziliketoo like this.
  16. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Apr 6, 2021

I've seen 300m watches fail tests, and I've taken 30m watches, added better gaskets and o rings, and sealed it properly, and they can beat out any 300m watches. At the end of the day, the 200m/300m ratings don't mean as much as people think. proper gaskets/rings and sealing, is more important, and actually USING the watch properly, means even more. Don't screw down the crown well, and water. Do it too often, water. Press buttons when not supposed to, water. Not having it serviced and allowing rings to dry up, water. Having dealers/watch makers do a shit job of closing the watch up, and rarely testing water resistance, water. Worse of all, some places will do it on purpose, so that a year from now, you'll come back to them and have them fix your watch. That happens WAY more often than people know...

And I'll admit, that it's really fun to make $30 watches more water resistant than expensive watches, with just some cheap o rings and proper tightening lol.

17. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Apr 6, 2021

because 200m is kinda a bullshit number lol. It doesn't really mean as much as people think it means. As yago mentioned, you really shouldn't be taking them anywhere but a pool. Would you trust a 30m water resistant watch, for diving? After all, most people don't go anywhere near 30m. Hell, how about 10m? That's still deeper than the casual diver or snorkeler, but 10m would be low on even a $10 watch. The numbers are just meaningless really. Even the most basic watch has numbers that are deeper than most anyone will go, yet we've all seen how quickly those watches go bad from just hand washing.

18. kappa_md

kappa_md Apr 6, 2021

I do agree, I don’t take the numbers literally. And also probably more than 90+% of Aquaracers sold aren’t use either for diving or any watersports. It’s just a great day-to-day no-nonsense reliable watch. The point I’m trying to make is about perception & marketing. We will here again legion of trolls bashing TAG Heuer etc etc. “200M dive watch” knowing TAG Heuer made 500M and 300M ARs. is it about cost cutting? Is it aboit quality control? Either way to me it’s just all about credible marketing and I hope TAG Heuer has a good answer to that.

jamesbizs likes this.
  19. JAH

JAH Apr 6, 2021

Does it make a difference with ISO6425 watches ? They are supposed to do 300m+25% ???

20. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Apr 6, 2021

lol maybe tag heuer is just trying to be more honest now? haha. maybe.

kappa_md likes this.