2019 TAG Heuer Calibre 16 Ceramic Carreras & Green Aquaracer Calibre 5 (WAY2015)

Finally TAG Heuer turns itself into Rolex!:)
Guess I will buy all the shit models in stock then hoping that "my" AD lets me purchase the green Aquaracer :rolleyes:

11966.guffaw.jpg

Last night I bought my wife the green AR from the website, I couldn't get down to London and they only have one left so it had to be done. Took 3 goes to get it to go through and then the damn thing changed my delivery address to my card address... has anyone else ordered from the website? Is it always this difficult?

You’re spoiling her, and making a lot of us look bad, although a £5 bunch of flowers from the supermarket had her stunned recently, easy pleased my wife.*

* Must be, she wed me.

You’re spoiling her, and making a lot of us look bad, although a £5 bunch of flowers from the supermarket had her stunned recently, easy pleased my wife.*

* Must be, she wed me.

Yeah, I made a rod for my own back.... but then it is her 50th, and she did buy a considerable portion of my new Carrera.

Well I suppose that is a special one, my wife got a nice present for her 50th, but she let me drive it.

Good luck, back up plan?

Nope! But it's a long way off... only buying this now because it's going to disappear!

Now you need to find yours, before they are all gone!

Hmm... well I've kind of spent on that Pilot watch now, I guess there's always a way where there's a will!

Sooo... finally got to see and spend some time with the green beauty this week. The dial did not disappoint, could basically see it from the other side of the store in it's green glory ::bleh::

However I did realize something. It has been quite long since I tried on an Aquaracer and I was really disappointed with the overall feeling of the watch. The bezel action feels a bit cheap, can't shake the feeling of paying too much for a cheap movement in plastic holder and so on. The lume pip not perfectly aligned. A sort of sad conclusion for me recently is that I might be growing out of the segment where I have previously found myself happy and joyful. Spending a lot of time reading, looking at and trying on MANY models from IWC and GO seems to have made me a bit more picky and I have learnt that there is a huge difference in the overall feeling of a premium watch, just winding an IWC movement is incredible. Tag F1's and Aquaracers don't give me that warm feeling of joy, more of a "well that looks nice but I aint paying 2300 Euro for it".

I did however try on the Autavia on the rice bracelet and oh boy, I am in love! Bezel action, bracelet, winding, look of the movement etc felt the way I want a watch to feel nowadays!

Last but not least, now I am only struggling to fight the rational side of my brain. The last two months I have gone to an AD ready to purchase and pay for the Portofino 3 hander in solid gold but I just can't do it. Thoughts flying through my head "this is insane, you could spend this money on the house, you should invest the money, jacuzzi on the second floor would make more sense, I should save it for my son" aaaand sooooo on. And also, first world problem, is the extremely difficulty of deciding which watch to go for. "if I buy this one, when can I buy that one and this one, but will I regret not buying this instead"....

Long and perhaps silly post but maybe some of you recognize yourself or have been in the same situation. It saddens me a bit that my taste is developing into "finer" timepieces and also it feels like I am "cheating" on my favorite brand if I were to buy lets say a Portugieser or Senator Excellence.

Sooo... finally got to see and spend some time with the green beauty this week. The dial did not disappoint, could basically see it from the other side of the store in it's green glory ::bleh::

However I did realize something. It has been quite long since I tried on an Aquaracer and I was really disappointed with the overall feeling of the watch. The bezel action feels a bit cheap, can't shake the feeling of paying too much for a cheap movement in plastic holder and so on. The lume pip not perfectly aligned. A sort of sad conclusion for me recently is that I might be growing out of the segment where I have previously found myself happy and joyful. Spending a lot of time reading, looking at and trying on MANY models from IWC and GO seems to have made me a bit more picky and I have learnt that there is a huge difference in the overall feeling of a premium watch, just winding an IWC movement is incredible. Tag F1's and Aquaracers don't give me that warm feeling of joy, more of a "well that looks nice but I aint paying 2300 Euro for it".

I did however try on the Autavia on the rice bracelet and oh boy, I am in love! Bezel action, bracelet, winding, look of the movement etc felt the way I want a watch to feel nowadays!

Last but not least, now I am only struggling to fight the rational side of my brain. The last two months I have gone to an AD ready to purchase and pay for the Portofino 3 hander in solid gold but I just can't do it. Thoughts flying through my head "this is insane, you could spend this money on the house, you should invest the money, jacuzzi on the second floor would make more sense, I should save it for my son" aaaand sooooo on. And also, first world problem, is the extremely difficulty of deciding which watch to go for. "if I buy this one, when can I buy that one and this one, but will I regret not buying this instead"....

Long and perhaps silly post but maybe some of you recognize yourself or have been in the same situation. It saddens me a bit that my taste is developing into "finer" timepieces and also it feels like I am "cheating" on my favorite brand if I were to buy lets say a Portugieser or Senator Excellence.

Quick, somebody slap him!
;)

But, I know what you mean actually... but I look at it like this. Buy those watches pre-owned and let someone else pay the full price. I know I wanted the green watch, but I too was struggling with the reality of paying £1850 for it... so in a way I'm somewhat glad that I couldn't get one. As much as I like my WAY208C Aquaracer, the difference in the crown action to the Heuer01 and even the Calibre 16 is considerable.

Last year I looked I looked at(repeatedly) a gold PP, she didn’t tell me to buy, but she didn’t say no, circa £30k, I felt putting that in one watch would mean there would be no room for another for a long long time, the thought of not owning it didn’t stop me sleeping so I passed.
I still have lots of fun going and looking for the next one knowing that if I see ‘the watch’ I can go for it rather than the money being tied up and spent.

Last year I looked I looked at(repeatedly) a gold PP, she didn’t tell me to buy, but she didn’t say no, circa £30k, I felt putting that in one watch would mean there would be no room for another for a long long time, the thought of not owning it didn’t stop me sleeping so I passed.
I still have lots of fun going and looking for the next one knowing that if I see ‘the watch’ I can go for it rather than the money being tied up and spent.

Yeah I agree, it's too much money into one piece and like you I would then be unable to buy for a long time... :(

I can't bring myself to spend more than about $5K on a watch. Even when I can afford it, the practical side of me kicks in when I start to think about other things for my family that are more important than my so called "hobby". I've also developed a taste for other brands, but have bought those watches pre-owned to stay within my self imposed $5k limit.