2019 Autavia Chronos?

Yep, pretty easy to find.

2 distinct models, 1 stainless with a bracelet and a strap option and the other is some sort of DLC version.

I found 3 versions. One same on leather and a strap, another also on leather but different case finish.

They are all quite good looking pieces to be fair. Though I’m not certain what the linage is as they seem to be venturing the line into new territory. Definitely something of the ‘Bund’ vibe going on. Maybe a more ‘rugged’ adventurers chrono , rather than a sports model like the Tudor Bb Chrono?
Edited:

The pushers look big, but I suppose that's because the crown is big...

Wow, they aren't cheap are they - using those CZK prices that's a base rate of £5200 on a strap, £5320 on a bracelet.
Thought it would be worser until I converted to my local currency. A lot of money, sure, but not that much more compared to our prices on the Autavia Re-Issue. Then you'll have to also consider the COSC-certification, flyback and isograph hairspring. Cool technology, but the look is not really my cup of tea at the moment.

Thought it would be worser until I converted to my local currency. A lot of money, sure, but not that much more compared to our prices on the Autavia Re-Issue. Then you'll have to also consider the COSC-certification, flyback and isograph hairspring. Cool technology, but the look is not really my cup of tea at the moment.

Aha.... wait, I completely missed that these are flybacks!😬

To be fair, there's no mention of it on the 'leak' site - even when you translate to English!

Apart from on the dial of course................. ::facepalm1::
To be fair, if I was allowed to post about them I might have looked a bit more carefully, but still...
Embarrassing!

it’s pretty much all these watches are good for

It makes the price more understandable, but I can't help thinking making them all flybacks is a bit of a silly move. Wouldn't it be better to have 4 chronos and one flyback and make the normal chronos more competitive?

It makes the price more understandable, but I can't help thinking making them all flybacks is a bit of a silly move. Wouldn't it be better to have 4 chronos and one flyback and make the normal chronos more competitive?
I agree. The Flyback is a cool function, but unnecessary IMO.

I disagree. The Flyback complication is not only uber-cool it is totally necessary. So says my Carrera Calibre 36 😀

How ‘necessary’ is even the common or garden chrono function? In the age of smartphones, who even uses their watch to actually tell the time?

I’d argue (mainly based on personal experience) that he key reason for buying a chrono, regardless of flyback is the aesthetic of the watch (dials, pushers) and the knowledge (regardless of usage) that the engineering and design has gone into the watch to make that functionality possible.

Heritage, history, brand appeal and materials all add to the buying decision. But do all dive watch fans go saturation diving to use the depth and HE valve? (I’m guessing 99.9% would say no). So same goes for chrono and the variants of that complication: they are frivolities on a luxury item.

Don’t like? Don’t buy. Negative preference is just that. But not necessarily an argument for something to not exist.

I’m glad to see Tag doing something interesting and innovative. Most of what they make I have no interest in, but others might. This time they hit the spot. I’ll buy one when they hit the outlet in a few years. Or sooner at a similar discount.

I think flyback is cool function

To guard against mistakenly pushed your reset button when the sweeping second running.

Especially if you have friend that doesn't know how chrono mechanism work but tried your watch and decide to have little adventure 😁

I just read on another forum that someone who had an order for an Autavia Isogtaph has had a call from their AD stating that the release has been delayed until 2020.

There was no mention of whether it was the chrono variant or not.

I just read on another forum that someone who had an order for an Autavia Isogtaph has had a call from their AD stating that the release has been delayed until 2020.

There was no mention of whether it was the chrono variant or not.
I got a message yesterday from Nortime saying that Tag has difficulties producing the isograph which is delaying deliveries (I was asking about the 3 hander) but nothing about it coming that late...

I got a message yesterday from Nortime saying that Tag has difficulties producing the isograph which is delaying deliveries (I was asking about the 3 hander) but nothing about it coming that late...
My company manufacturers vitamins/supplements/probiotics, and sometimes a delay is because we're tweaking things (or improving formulation) but don't make that public until release.

So, personally I'm hoping the delays are dial changes and no mushroom pushers. The TH logo at 12 is weird to me, and is visually disruptive when placed next to a 3 hander image.

I made changes in photoshop to the design floating around Google to see how it would look if the 3 hander and Chrono matched, but waiting to see what TH actually releases before posting.

My company manufacturers vitamins/supplements/probiotics, and sometimes a delay is because we're tweaking things (or improving formulation) but don't make that public until release.

So, personally I'm hoping the delays are dial changes and no mushroom pushers. The TH logo at 12 is weird to me, and is visually disruptive when placed next to a 3 hander image.

I made changes in photoshop to the design floating around Google to see how it would look if the 3 hander and Chrono matched, but waiting to see what TH actually releases before posting.

I also would like the dial changed, but given the pictures on some of the dealers websites, I doubt it will change.

That said, if we were just doing speculation, this is a photoshop I did, to show how I would like to see a future heritage dial based on the current design layout.

sometimes a delay is because we're tweaking things (or improving formulation) but don't make that public until release
Sure but since I asked about the 3 hander and not the chrono I doubt they will change it, they have started delivering it in some markets already after all. I think it is likely to believe that it takes a huge effort to start mass producing this new carbon technique, modifyin the movements etc and perhaps they ran into some issues that they are trying to figure out...

ooor maybe there are issues with the movement but that is just speculation, lets hope that is not the case. The thought did however hit me if I should avoid taking the risk of buying the first generation of this movement to avoid early "bugs"

Sure but since I asked about the 3 hander and not the chrono I doubt they will change it, they have started delivering it in some markets already after all. I think it is likely to believe that it takes a huge effort to start mass producing this new carbon technique, modifyin the movements etc and perhaps they ran into some issues that they are trying to figure out...

ooor maybe there are issues with the movement but that is just speculation, lets hope that is not the case. The thought did however hit me if I should avoid taking the risk of buying the first generation of this movement to avoid early "bugs"
Well, there goes that theory.