Forums Latest Members

FS Heuer Autavia Chronograph "Jochen Rindt" Calibre Heuer 02 in-house movement

1. High Hope

High Hope Mar 12, 2023

Fellow watch enthusiasts,

PRICE REDUCTION

I am selling my mint condition Heuer 02 Chrono. I traded an Omega Bond chronograph for this watch from a reputable dealer. Service history is unknown, but the watch came with a 2-year dealer warranty (valid still) and production started 2019 and later, so it doesn't need anything. I acquired the watch June 1, 2021.

Watch size is 42mm, with a column wheel movement and 80 hour reserve. Date is at six o'clock in the running seconds subdial and is very subtle but legible. The watch has no damage that I can discern, but see the photographs. It has sharp edges, beautiful finishing, and no scratches. It looks like new. The watch is on an after market bracelet (OK, that may be a bit cheesy) but the original signed, distressed strap is included. I will also include a number of 21mm straps of various types.

Included: outer box, inner box, Heuer 02 Instruction booklet, guarantee and (questionable unsigned) card, signed leather strap, a collection of other straps, and my receipt from dealer.

Price is $2,900 USD. Shipping costs by buyer and vary according to location, insurance coverage, and the like. I am trying raise funds for another purchase, so no trades are needed. Returns only if the watch has been grossly misrepresented.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/heu...en-rindt-calibre-02-in-house-movement.157174/

Edited Mar 17, 2023
  2. High Hope

High Hope Mar 12, 2023

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Mar 12, 2023
    imagwai and Yago like this.
  3. dtf

dtf Mar 13, 2023

FYI not a Siffert, just an Autavia Chrono. Siffert has hour/minute bezel, blue second hand, blue detailing on the dial, and Joe Siffert signature across the Crystal case back.

4. High Hope

High Hope Mar 13, 2023

@dtf , thanks for the clarification. I’ve thought it was a Jochen Rindt since I bought it, but all the early articles seem to refer to the watch as a Siffert. I hadn’t considered that the b/w vs w/b was the cause of confusion.

Edited Mar 13, 2023
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 13, 2023

Why does it have a warranty booklet from the 1990s?

6. High Hope

High Hope Mar 13, 2023

@Aquagraph, IDK. It is a Heuer 02 Autavia chrono manual. I believe production started in 2017 but I don't know if they are still being made. I traded the set for a Omega Seamaster 300 and that is what I received. Replacement booklet?

ETA: It started selling in 2019 and models are still being made, but none look like this watch as illustrated in the booklet. IDK what happened with the booklet.

The watch doesn't have any reference to TAG on the face, only on the rotor, box, and papers. I could find co date on any booklet.

Edited Mar 13, 2023
  7. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 13, 2023

It is a remake of the Rindt Autavia from the 60s. It's certainly not a Schumacher, he never wore an Autavia. The only TAG Heuer I've seen Schumacher wear is the S/el, same model as Senna's.

High Hope likes this.
  8. dtf

dtf Mar 13, 2023

It is a lovely watch thou :)

High Hope likes this.
  9. High Hope

High Hope Mar 13, 2023

@Mspeedster, I like the avatar. That’s one of my favorite cars. I’m in touch w a guy on another site who’s a vintage racer and has driven one. He said it was the most terrifying experience, and he owns a 908!

Edited Mar 13, 2023
    Mspeedster likes this.
  10. High Hope

High Hope Mar 17, 2023

Price Reduction.
    $2,500 USD.

11. High Hope

High Hope Mar 20, 2023

SOLD to a member. Thanks,
    Chris