2017 Autavia UAE Limited Edition CBE2113

“Tropical” sub-dials with a brown bezel

1F87B517-272B-41CD-8178-4CE75BA89826.jpeg

LE of 150, silver dial
Edited:

That was actually a quite cool watch! Is there any information about price out yet?

The Autavia looks so much more elegant on a strap than the flashy bracelet.

I am on your side on this one. I think the brown leather is nicer. But consensus said the bracelet is the better of two.

I am on your side on this one. I think the brown leather is nicer. But consensus said the bracelet is the better of two.
Yeah on this one the brown looks really nice and fits well with the bezel and subdials. Still very curious how the “standard” Autavia 2017 look with a black racing strap though...

Any Tag Heuer - well maybe Aquaracer aside - will look fantastic on a rally / racing / perforated strap.

It's in the genes.

Any Tag Heuer - well maybe Aquaracer aside - will look fantastic on a rally / racing / perforated strap.

It's in the genes.
Hmm I might try it out on a cheap racing strap when I get the opportunity. I was planning on getting a Heuerville strap but unfortunately my economic situation put an end to that idea.

With that said I think the regular/Jack Heuer should have been offered with a black strap and then maybe this version with the vintage brown..

Hmm I might try it out on a cheap racing strap when I get the opportunity. I was planning on getting a Heuerville strap but unfortunately my economic situation put an end to that idea.

With that said I think the regular/Jack Heuer should have been offered with a black strap and then maybe this version with the vintage brown..
You can find affordable rally straps, Tag Heuer style, at clockworksynergy - but they won't have the real feel and quality of the OEM version or those made by craftsmen.

Kind of interesting, but why is TAG producing "limited editions" for each and every country, DJ, soccer team, and street artist these days?

It's a way of boosting sales by a few more % I guess. Mostly they use existing cases and parts so not a big deal for them to produce. The exception to that was that silver Scandanavian Carrera the other week, though.

I think it runs deeper than just sales- it's down to TAG Heuer's view of the importance of being able to customise your watch:
- Connected Modular
- Bamford partnership
- multiple low-run limited editions

Agreed, but ultimately the drive towards increased personalisation is to help drive more sales isn't it? ;)

Agreed, but ultimately the drive towards increased personalisation is to help drive more sales isn't it? ;)
100%! What I should have said is that it reflects a broader belief in personalisation driving sales rather than the profit on a couple of limited edition runs, which I'm sure by themselves aren't that exciting.

To do this properly, I assume that they have had to change around their whole model to make it economics to produce small quantities of dials/ bezels/ hands/ etc rather than the old model of standardisation and higher volumes.

Good news either way!

Also agreed. For sure, if I was able to select a case from the Tag Heuer stable and then personalise every aspect of it to my taste, I would almost certainly have made another purchase by now. In fact that's now got me thinking about what my perfect Tag Heuer would be - perhaps a topic for another thread (but it would be a 39mm Carrera chrono of some sort :)).

Also agreed. For sure, if I was able to select a case from the Tag Heuer stable and then personalise every aspect of it to my taste, I would almost certainly have made another purchase by now. In fact that's now got me thinking about what my perfect Tag Heuer would be - perhaps a topic for another thread (but it would be a 39mm Carrera chrono of some sort :)).

I know where you can buy a 39mm Carrera...brand new! ;)

I know where you can buy a 39mm Carrera...brand new! ;)
Ha ha, wouldn't be Hodinkee by any chance would it? Bit expensive ;) I'm thinking the Telemeter case, though, rather than that one (yes I know there are none left, but never say never!).

As someone who has just purchased a limited edition Jack Heuer Autavia with silver dial ,I am a little upset to say the least that TH are bringing out other lower Qty LE versions now.
I’m not so stupid to think that it would never have happened.... but now!!!
To me, it risks devaluing the introduction of Jacks birthday piece and the special nature it should hold.