2017 Autavia UAE Limited Edition CBE2113

As someone who has just purchased a limited edition Jack Heuer Autavia with silver dial ,I am a little upset to say the least that TH are bringing out other lower Qty LE versions now.
I’m not so stupid to think that it would never have happened.... but now!!!
To me, it risks devaluing the introduction of Jacks birthday piece and the special nature it should hold.
I understand how you feel. I felt exactly the same about my JH80th Carrera after the similar grey and blue versions were released.

This one is fairly market-specific, though, and there won't be many.

I understand how you feel. I felt exactly the same about my JH80th Carrera after the similar grey and blue versions were released.

This one is fairly market-specific, though, and there won't be many.

Its funny you should reply with this comment as I was thinking of the JH 80th Carrera when I was writing this comment and about the heuer fans who purchased this and how they felt about the introduction of later versions.
Funnily enough though, as TH has a history and habit of brining out other close looking examples of LE versions of their watches, I stopped myself many years ago from purchasing 1 of the 1000 pieces of the Steve McQueen LE Monaco for the reason that I just knew they would bring out a close non LE version of it in the future and potentially devalue it's rarity in terms of look and also in monetary value.
I know we should never buy a watch based on its investment potential and making us rich, but I am sure we all dream about having a piece we buy today sell for 20 x what we paid for it in 40 -50 years time. ....e.g sale of 1962 Autavia 2446M of recent days.
I am happy to say that even though there is now a version almost identical to the 1000 piece LE Steve McQueen Monaco, it still sits at the top as the prize piece to have in that blue dial McQueen range in dollar terms and in pride of place in any TH collection.

By the way, I kick myself everyday for not buying one when I had the chance all those years ago :mad:

As someone who has just purchased a limited edition Jack Heuer Autavia with silver dial ,I am a little upset to say the least that TH are bringing out other lower Qty LE versions now.
To me, it risks devaluing the introduction of Jacks birthday piece and the special nature it should hold.
Good point, but the JH edition is really being advertised by TAG for the moment and I think the UAE edition will be very local if they get any "official" marketing from TH at all. As far as I understood it this was more of a semi-official leak since the watch is not to be sold until December.

As far as I understood it this was more of a semi-official leak since the watch is not to be sold until December.

Yes, point taken, and maybe your right the average joe won't ever get to see the UAE version.
I am suspicious though that this could only be the beginning of a number of clones of this great Autavia watch.
I hope I am wrong and at the end of the day, I am enjoying my Black face Autavia so much it was the deciding factor for me to buy the JH Version also and Im sure I will continue to love it no matter what.

Yes, point taken, and maybe your right the average joe won't ever get to see the UAE version.
I am suspicious though that this could only be the beginning of a number of clones of this great Autavia watch.
I hope I am wrong and at the end of the day, I am enjoying my Black face Autavia so much it was the deciding factor for me to buy the JH Version also and Im sure I will continue to love it no matter what.
I think you're right in assuming more LE's and editions of the new Autavia. The Heritage line will only grow larger I believe, but with the Autavia TH is on to something and I think they'll use the spare parts, case, bezel and similar to really push out new products. Just my 5 cents, and I can be horribly mistaken off course.

But the black reverse panda dialed version, together will the JH edition will be the most important, just because they have the connection to the original 2446 reference, as well as being very classy.

Personally I kind of like that there's all these limited editions, but I wish TAG were more transparent about it so that we knew what there was available, how many and where. It doesn't really help determine fake or not when things pop up that you never existed every five minutes.

But how boring it must be to be a Rolex fan, where you can only get excited about a line of text changing colour...

I know where you can buy a 39mm Carrera...brand new! ;)
You mean like this one?
Because I just saw it and got it.
#badinfluence #savethecarrera

E3368AFB-21DC-40B3-A5B9-C0AD899E7FFB.jpeg

You mean like this one?
Because I just saw it and got it.
#badinfluence #savethecarrera

E3368AFB-21DC-40B3-A5B9-C0AD899E7FFB.jpeg
Nice, congrats. I used to own this one - was my first "nice" watch
DSCF0604.JPG

Nice, congrats. I used to own this one - was my first "nice" watch
DSCF0604.JPG
Yours is the nicest of the series.
It wasn’t planned.
NOS at the local AD and he made me a very interesting offer.
Must stop frequenting this community.

The Autavia can be bought as of this week, as it was released in time in time for the Dubai Watch Week.

Although it’s limited to 150 pieces the JH85 is that bit more special. The sunburst dial and MH bezel really make the JH85 a great looking piece and very collectible.

I had the UAE addition on the wrist and it’s kind of cool, but for the above reason the JH85 would be easily my choice.

DC93D4D7-129D-441C-B6B8-555D71471EF5.jpeg

As for the bracelet I actually really like the BOR/GOR bracelet and on the wrist it really looks the part and certainly not too bling in my eyes.
Edited:

The Autavia can be bought as if this week, as it was released in time in time for the Dubai Watch Week.

Although it’s limited to 150 pieces the JH85 is that bit more special. The sunburst dial and MH bezel really make the JH85 a great looking piece and very collectible.

I had the UAE addition on the wrist and it’s kind of cool, but for the above reason the JH85 would be easily my choice.

DC93D4D7-129D-441C-B6B8-555D71471EF5.jpeg

As for the bracelet I actually really like the BOR/GOR bracelet and on the wrist it really looks the part and certainly not too bling in my eyes.
What colour is the dial? It looks like it's more a cream than a white?

*EDIT*
The press release refers to the watch having a "beige opaline dial"
Edited:

What colour is the dial? It looks like it's more a cream than a white?

I am pretty certain it is an off white/cream.....but looking at the pictures I took it comes off differently dependent on the lighting.

A5EE92A5-790C-4359-8DE2-493173F41B05.jpeg

I’m going back to the show today for a watchmakers class, so will take another longer look at the Autavia UAE again today, as my pictures give different impressions.

I am pretty certain it is an off white/cream.....but looking at the pictures I took it comes off differently dependent on the lighting.

I’m going back to the show today for a watchmakers class, so will take another longer look at the Autavia UAE again today, as my pictures give different impressions.
Excellent- thanks for the info. So now we have:
CBE2110- Black Dial/ White Sub-dials
CBE2111- Silver dial/ black sub-dials
CBE2113/ Cream dial/ brown sub-dials

Thanks for info and photos. Have fun at the watchmaker class, sounds awesome!

What will be CBE2112? A 'Rush' themed dial perhaps...

I mean Rush as in

Rush_2112.jpg

Not...
3f770f1d82993f955c69971fba9363b2.jpg

Co-incidentally, that album came out in 1976...

The dial is certainly only slightly off white/cream, but can look lighter or darker dependent on lighting.

Here’s the three Autavias together, and another angle on the UAE addition.

53206FC9-6911-4FB0-AAA5-6E12E52EEA6B.jpeg

BF7B8684-B0FE-4FA2-A250-AAF67B8CB049.jpeg

The dial is certainly only slightly off white/cream, but can look lighter or darker dependent on lighting.

Here’s the three Autavias together, and another angle on the UAE addition.

53206FC9-6911-4FB0-AAA5-6E12E52EEA6B.jpeg

BF7B8684-B0FE-4FA2-A250-AAF67B8CB049.jpeg

Many thanks @Gambba the photo of the three together shows the differences well

I like the colour of the UAE edition, has a hint of black bay bronze, but the numbered bezel still looks awful and out of proportion. I also cannot believe that TAG can sell a watch with an ally bezel for £4.5k