Forums Latest Members

Your thoughts on this Autavia 11630 GMT

1. Y Cymro

Y Cymro Aug 24, 2023

I’ve been offered a 11630 GMT which appears to be in excellent condition. The serial number starts 262xxx which I’m lead to believe is from the first batch produced in 1972. The condition appears unusually good for the age and I’m struggling to tell if everything looks original, or whether it has replacement parts. The seller has owned it for 13 years and assures me nothing has been replaced in that time though he has no history before that. It’s not been serviced for 13 years either, though maintains +12spd. The bracelet seems to be the original type, though not to the watch and was bought more recently.

I’d appreciate your thoughts on its originality and value.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thank you.

imagwai likes this.
  2. imagwai

imagwai Aug 24, 2023

Looks a fabulous watch. I would question the originality of the hour marker lume on the dial (maybe a replacement dial), but that wouldn't necessarily put me off the watch if the price was right.

I should say, though, I am far from an expert on these and haven't checked out the serial number archive, but presume you have found On The Dash.

Y Cymro and Jacobparinella like this.
  3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Aug 24, 2023

I know nothing about vintage but like Charlie said, the hour markers lume looks nothing like the lume on the hands.

Y Cymro likes this.
  4. abrod520

abrod520 Aug 24, 2023

Different lume batches for dials and hands isn't super uncommon, nor is a greenish hue for early 70s tritium. This one looks nice

Y Cymro and Jim Dollares like this.
  5. imagwai

imagwai Aug 24, 2023

Is it tritium? Normally I'd expect to see Swiss-T on the dial.

Y Cymro likes this.
  6. abrod520

abrod520 Aug 24, 2023

Interestingly enough, none of the automatic Heuers had T markings. I'd guess it's because the regulation requiring it may have changed by 1970 - though many other watches still had the marking past that point anyway.

Y Cymro likes this.
  7. Jacobparinella

Jacobparinella Aug 29, 2023

Case looks very sharp and unpolished.

Y Cymro likes this.