Your Favorite Race / Racing Straps

Looking for a high-quality leather racing/race strap for my Tag Heuer C3111.

What are some of your favorites?

Looking for :
-18mm that scales down to 16mm
-Black leather
- Small holes ( I don't enjoy the larger hole race straps)

Atelier Del Sur is currently on my radar

I usually just order through my local AD. Or sometimes I'll use ebay if it's cheaper there.

What's everyone's resource for OEM straps?
I just phone up a boutique/AD and quote the reference number of the strap I want. It's usually cheaper than buying from eBay or non-affiliated sellers online. Usually they are happy to mail it. BUT.. last time I tried, they wanted to ensure I had the correct watch for the strap. So it might be an idea to quote them the model number of a watch that you know came on that strap, otherwise they can get a bit funny.

For non-OEM straps that are similar to the TAG ones (and cheaper), you can try Watchstrapworld:

https://www.watchstrapworld.com/watch-straps/tag-heuer.html

The quality isn't quite as good, but it's much better than the price would suggest and not too far off OEM. What's more the sizing is correct for Tag Heuer deployant clasps. I wouldn't bother with their deployants, though - they're not a patch on OEM Tag.

For non-OEM straps that are similar to the TAG ones (and cheaper), you can try Watchstrapworld:

https://www.watchstrapworld.com/watch-straps/tag-heuer.html

The quality isn't quite as good, but it's much better than the price would suggest and not too far off OEM. What's more the sizing is correct for Tag Heuer deployant clasps. I wouldn't bother with their deployants, though - they're not a patch on OEM Tag.

I completely second all of the above with a special mention for any 3rd party deployants - just don't. Pony up for the real deal.

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. Does anyone have any resources for OEM strap buckles? Should I talk to the AD about that as well?

I tried several black racing straps

PA270082_DxO.jpeg
Top to bottom:
  1. HeuerTime hts001 replica "vintage" leather racing strap
  2. Heuer BC0726 - the original strap
  3. Heuer FC6167 - with deployant clasp FC5012, this type originally came with WV2112/2113
  4. WatchstrapWorld Black Sports perforated leather strap - imagwai compared the latter two a couple of years ago
PA270088_DxO.jpeg
PA270083_DxO.jpeg

I like the Heuerville strap best, followed by the original one.
An alternative that has not been mentioned before would be a LUGS strap.
Concerning the buckle: Two years ago I got the BC0726 from my local AD (Wempe, Cologne) for approx. 100 EUR.

Greg

Many thanks to those who contributed to my inquiries. I decided to travel down 2 routes and choose a favorite.

-OEM strap plus extra buckle from my local AD
-Two Stich Straps custom Heuer strap. Their customer service was fantastic and I highly recommend you check them out.

The OEM strap has a hard feel and a dramatic texture. It almost appears to be fake leather. It might work as a summer strap since it appears to absorb less moisture.

The Two Stitch is soft and has a natural vintage look to it. I enjoy the contrast in the perforations and the overall color is more moody and dimensional.

Thanks again, everyone!

I like 3 racing straps, all of them different but all of them TH racing straps. First is the strap of the Carrera Calibre 36 Flyback Racing (FC6325 43mm) next is the Carrera Telemeter (FC6353 39mm) and the TH tire rubber strap found in the Carrera Monaco Grand Prix (FT6033 43mm)
Edited:

Thanks for updating the thread. Out of the two purchased, I have to say I prefer the OEM.

The OEM strap has a hard feel and a dramatic texture. It almost appears to be fake leather.

This is by design, as it resembles the Corfam straps that the original Carreras were sold with.

Other good racing straps: Veblenist, Straps by Fleur, Abel Court (Heuertime).

My all time favorites were by Giuliano, but I'm not sure if he's still in the business.