Forums Latest Members
  1. scott allen

scott allen Jan 3, 2022

Good evening to all
    This is my first post on this amazing forum I have found out so much about my favourite watch brand thanks to all.
    I am on the lookout for a bezel for the above mentioned model I think it is a 2000 series I still have the spring clip which I found on the floor a week after I noticed the bezel missing.
    I am also on the lookout for a dial for an orange F1 circa 1990 that has water damage after my missus thought she was doing me a favour by taking it to timpsons for a new battery.
    Thanks for reading all the way
    Kind regards
    Scott

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 4, 2022

Oh dear...

3. SteveP

SteveP Jan 5, 2022

Oh dear...(too!)
    Sorry about your mishaps. Have a look on Ebay generally but also through Brokenchronos bits-there will be a donor there likely, it's how much your prepared to spend I guess.
    brokenchrono | eBay Stores

I don't know the F1s very well but which model do you have-373.513?
    Best, Steve

4. scott allen

scott allen Jan 7, 2022

many thanks for the replies i do indeed have the 573-513 and it has been with a watch repairer for a while now and it turns out the grey dial is no longer available there are still alternatives and i was quoted £205 for a white dial with new hands as well as they got wet too but then there is the cost to get it running again which takes it up to £350 and i look on e-bay there are still good examples cheaper so it's not worth it, when i told my missus how much it was going to cost to get it fixed she told me save my money and put it towards a new one!!!!
    it's a shame she didn't say that when she went to timpsons!!!!!!!!!
    once again many thanks for your replies it is much appreciated.
    kind regards
    scott