Forums Latest Members

Where to buy vintage Tag Heuer dials?

1. billyhill123

billyhill123 Jul 14, 2016

Hi all,
    This summer I decided to do my first watch build, and have chosen a Tag Heuer 1500 WD1221-K-20. [​IMG]
    I have bought all of the genuine parts off eBay in great condition, except for the dial. I cannot find this dial (see photo) in the correct size (25.5mm) anywhere, and all the similar ones are out of my price range for a dial (£80+). All the ones on eBay that I have seen are either way too expensive or not the right ones. I am looking to spend max £30-£40 if possible, as I have already run my budget out and don't plan on spending much more on it if I can help it.

If I really can't find one I am considering making one using a brass dial blank and a high quality print on decal paper, but this isn't ideal as it would be a shame to have a non-genuine part.

Does anybody know where I can find one of these dials?

Thank you all!

Billy

2. billyhill123

billyhill123 Jul 15, 2016

bump?

3. billyhill123

billyhill123 Jul 17, 2016

Anyone?

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jul 25, 2016

They do come up on eBay quite often- but I doubt at the price you're looking at.

Maybe try making an offer for one on eBay, or hold out for a damaged/ parts watch?

5. billyhill123

billyhill123 Jul 25, 2016

There are a few cheap ones on eBay, just not the right ones unfortunately, but I'll keep looking. Might consider a watch for parts, thanks!

Billy