What's on your wrist? / What are you wearing? (WRUW)

Thanks! I've been on a roll with coming up with fun TAG strap combos lately :D

Congratulations Mate.
Matched the blue nicely. Still want to see it on the black leather perforated strap.

Congratulations Mate.
Matched the blue nicely. Still want to see it on the black leather perforated strap.

I think it'll work excellently on that, but I think I'm going to look for other leather quick-release options to switch to in the fall :)

I think it'll work excellently on that, but I think I'm going to look for other leather quick-release options to switch to in the fall :)
Do you think TAG will ever use quick release straps? It feels like TAG is always 5 years behind in all trends

Ready for the Speedway GP in Cardiff…

IMG_7318.jpeg IMG_7315.jpeg
Cool beer glass and excellent watch for a day of day drinking :cool:

Wtf is a speedway gp btw?

Single speed motorbikes, with no brakes, racing in an oval on sand/grit based surface, drifting the corners.

IMG_7320.jpeg

Single speed motorbikes, with no brakes, racing in an oval on sand/grit based surface, drifting the corners.

IMG_7320.jpeg
Ooooh, yeah boi we do have dat here too!

Ooooh, yeah boi we do have dat here too!
Yup. There were a couple of top level Swedish riders last time I went.

Do you think TAG will ever use quick release straps? It feels like TAG is always 5 years behind in all trends

Seems like they're going in the opposite direction - the spring bars on the rubber strap were nearly impossible to remove. Hurt my thumb even!

In 2017, during the Jean-Claude Biver management, they launched the Modular Carrera with a great -fast, solid, and reliable- quick release system and innovative concept :thumbsup:

IMG_6059.jpeg IMG_6061.jpeg

You can -with no tools required, just by pressing a button - not only change the straps in very few seconds but also the lugs, and even the head (from several automatic options to a digital-connected head). Modular buckles also have a quick release system but they are not so fast to change.

IMG_1786.gif

This Modular concept (parts made in Grade 5 titanium) was probably very expensive to manufacture, as was its production directly at the TAG Heuer headquarters in La Chaux-de-Fonds, and probably seeking a higher profit margin for each Connected watch sold, the brand's next management moved to manufacture it in China since 2020 and gave up on Modularity, but that doesn't stop it from being an original and creative concept, and one that is not years behind anyone else ;)

In 2017, during the Jean-Claude Biver management, they launched the Modular Carrera with a great -fast, solid, and reliable- quick release system and innovative concept :thumbsup:

IMG_6059.jpeg IMG_6061.jpeg

You can -with no tools required, just by pressing a button - not only change the straps in very few seconds but also the lugs, and even the head (from several automatic options to a digital-connected head). Modular buckles also have a quick release system but they are not so fast to change.

IMG_1786.gif

This Modular concept (parts made in Grade 5 titanium) was probably very expensive to manufacture, as was its production directly at the TAG Heuer headquarters in La Chaux-de-Fonds, and probably seeking a higher profit margin for each Connected watch sold, the brand's next management moved to manufacture it in China since 2020 and gave up on Modularity, but that doesn't stop it from being an original and creative concept, and one that is not years behind anyone else ;)
Good points Albert, although it makes me even more frustrated that they dont use quick release. They clearly have the know how and at the price level they're demanding these days, it aint much to ask that they provide quick release. Ah well, perhaps in the 5-10 years they will get there.