What's on your wrist? / What are you wearing? (WRUW)

Thanks all, learning to write left handed, this is awkward but not bad when I had an accident at work and had to wear patches on both eyes for a few weeks, serious stuff that, I became very pro safety equipment after that, apprentices soon learned to wear safety glasses if working with me. Of course it had to be my right hand!

Thanks all, learning to write left handed, this is awkward but not bad when I had an accident at work and had to wear patches on both eyes for a few weeks, serious stuff that, I became very pro safety equipment after that, apprentices soon learned to wear safety glasses if working with me. Of course it had to be my right hand!

The worst I found was trying to brush my teeth with the wrong hand. Ended up with toothpaste everywhere and not much cleaner teeth

I’ve yet to come across another person in the community who owns a XEMEX Off-Road. Anyone ever hear about XEMEX before? I’ve been attracted to their story, and designs for years now.

Seamaster Pro 300M Diver, Australian SAS special edition for past and former members (which I am certainly not). Quite a cool but sad reference in many ways.

IMG_1493.jpeg

IMG_1495.jpeg

I’ve yet to come across another person in the community who owns a XEMEX Off-Road. Anyone ever hear about XEMEX before? I’ve been attracted to their story, and designs for years now.
Never heard of this brand before. The design with its clean and thought through execution is the complete opposite of a Max and RBR Formula 1 watch

Never heard of this brand before. The design with its clean and thought through execution is the complete opposite of a Max and RBR Formula 1 watch
The founder was in advertising and marketing through the 60s/70s/80s and quit the industry to design watches in 1994 (my birth year!) and started XEMEX in 1996. Everything about them is well thought out. Even the name. XEMEX can be read back to front and pronounced in every language. The design is heavily inspired by the Swiss railway clocks. They don’t advertise, and the don’t have a marketing department. I absolutely love that about them. It’s like they only get around via word of mouth. I guess I’m doing their job for them right now lmao!!

Afternoon switch to the custom “Turtle”. Finally pulled it out of the box this year. It’s been a while since this has seen any wrist time. Built by Brandon of Case&Dial watches!

Today’s Modular 45 combo with the Carrera Calibre 16 mechanical module (first picture was before setting the date ::shy::)

IMG_8595.jpeg IMG_8644.jpeg
Grade 5 titanium case, rose gold lugs, and black ceramic bracelet BH0933

Back on the OG strap. Love it with work attire

IMG_7229.jpeg
Hah, I put mine back on the black rally a couple of days ago too.
1000031167.jpg

Hah, I put mine back on the black rally a couple of days ago too.
1000031167.jpg
Great minds think alike and all that….looking good sir

You guys are really dangerous (to my wallet :p ). Before now, I hadn't heard of XEMEX, now I'm seriously considering one.

The Colt is on the short list for me. Lovely watch!

The Colt series has always been my favorite in the Breitling lineup, despite the fact that it was their entry level model. I was not pleased that Breitling discontinued the series, but there are lots available on the second hand market. Perhaps Breitling had a problem with potentially three series (Superocean, Colt, and Avenger) looking very similar to each other. Well, that's been fixed with the removal of the Colt series, and redesigning the Superocean into a more vintage look. That leaves the Avenger series with what I believe is a military/aeromarine inspired design and look. That - along with a nice price increase. LOL.

The Colt series has always been my favorite in the Breitling lineup, despite the fact that it was their entry level model. I was not pleased that Breitling discontinued the series, but there are lots available on the second hand market. Perhaps Breitling had a problem with potentially three series (Superocean, Colt, and Avenger) looking very similar to each other. Well, that's been fixed with the removal of the Colt series, and redesigning the Superocean into a more vintage look. That leaves the Avenger series with what I believe is a military/aeromarine inspired design and look. That - along with a nice price increase. LOL.
I agree with you bro, Colt was always a strong lineup in my eyes too (obviously excluding the last budget donkey ass iteration that Kern introduced).