What's on your wrist? / What are you wearing? (WRUW)

20230316_143342.jpg

Guess I will be wearing this for the foreseeable, seems a shame not to once you go to the trouble of winding and setting...

Pretty Fly… just in after more then a year of waiting…and 1100 euro more expensive since its launch…
Congrats on the Zenith "De Fly"! Lol :D

Congrats on the Zenith "De Fly"! Lol :D
Our @Yago is so funny indeed…still kicking myself I didn’t come up with DeFly myself…

But in all seriousness…its a great looking watch, not cheap for a 3 hander at all…but Zenith comes close to Grand Seiko in terms of case/bracelet finish for sure…oh…and the movement is great too!

Oh yeah baby, 90s style! ::psy::
Just arrived.
I gave away the other one I had to a mate about 6 months ago. Missed it a bit so had to get another. It's nearly in as good condition as the original.

Took the family to London for the weekend. Mainly to see the museums of course.

9A835EA9-333E-4720-AC36-9FC8F0676A84.jpeg

Took the family to London for the weekend. Mainly to see the museums of course.

9A835EA9-333E-4720-AC36-9FC8F0676A84.jpeg
And you came home with the 60th?! :eek:
Or is that @imagwai's (Charlie's)?

EDIT: But Charlie doesn't wear his on the OEM pin buckle strap. So perhaps there was more to just a friendly meet up, seems you were on a mission. ;)
Edited:

Indeed, Charlie was kind enough to play a crucial part in my quest :thumbsup:
I will not wear mine on this strap for long either. I brought a Heuertime corfam style strap along :rolleyes:

Indeed, Charlie was kind enough to play a crucial part in my quest :thumbsup:
I will not wear mine on this strap for long either. I brought a Heuertime corfam style strap along :rolleyes:
Congrats!!!
So you couldn't resist the charm of the Panda King after all! ::rimshot::

Do you mind sharing the number, so we can add you to the list?
PandaKing Avatar.jpg

So you couldn't resist the charm of the Panda King after all! ::rimshot::
To think I passed up two pandas from boutiques…
But yes I came to my senses. A pretty good panda is better than no panda at all ;)

My number is 157.

Congratulations @Yago .. so happy you got one.
I knew you would join us.
It looks great. Well done Charlie for helping out.

Congrats @Yago - looks like a “productive” family trip! My kids & wife dread the moment when we get too close to a jeweler while traveling :D

A true wrist shot with nicer (natural) light:
94e36555-2c39-4333-9ec4-ca530bf8a72a-jpeg.1574940

EDIT: Despite the fact that this one will look better on its steel bracelet (which I need to have cleaned and the extra links added...), I still have a question to the community re. leather straps for vintage Heuers, which has been driving me nuts for a while:

Am I the only one who's struggling terribly to find leather straps in an acceptable length for these pieces? I have a slightly above-average wrist (say 18.5cm) and these Heuers have very short springbar-to-springbar lengths (I'm measuring 41mm on this Montreal and 43mm on my Viceroy). As a result, I need straps with a minimum length of 20mm to make this setup work; 21 cm being ideal.

However, these are almost impossible to find: The large suppliers I usually turn to for leather sell their racing straps in 19.5cm uni-size (be it Fluco, Rochet or Eulit/Barrington).

Among the more specialized makers, the standard size is even shorter. The Heuertime (Corfam replica) straps by @abcoro clock in at 19cm. The standard size with Atelier Romane (by @plibou) is also 19cm - and while the latter can probably do longer as a custom order (125/85mm would be pretty ideal), I find their choice of different leathers overwhelming :eek:, the 2.5mm thickness borderline thin (although that might be misleading with good leather) and the price just a little bit too steep for occasional use.

There's also Watch Strap World (not sure whether Alan, the owner, is on THF...) but they're in post-Brexit UK, and a whole lot of their straps have rounded ends, which don't work (well) with the lug cutouts of tonneau cases and/or hooded lugs; and they're mostly 20cm max. So, in summary, it's really frustrating.

I actually found one 21cm (x 4mm) black racing strap that seems interesting on paper, but at a price point that makes me question whether that's really worth trying: https://www.trendart-24.de/Soft-Kalb-Nappa-Rallye-Uhrenarmband-Modell-Montreal-Golf-XL-schwarz-20-mm

:(
Edited: