Forums Latest Members
  1. rlh1rontagheuer

rlh1rontagheuer Mar 20, 2016

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I have a watch given to me that seems authentic. It looks like a Kirium, but the confusing thing to me is the red airplane pointer addition. See back, and front photo. The automatic is Alison oddly followed by both 100 meters but then it says 330 feet too. Never saw this exact configuration before.

2. imagwai

imagwai Mar 20, 2016

Looks pretty fake to me

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 20, 2016

4. rlh1rontagheuer

rlh1rontagheuer Mar 20, 2016

Could be a fake. One Jeweler so far today felt it was real but has never seen the red airliner hand. Jury still out. One good expert will Seeit this week.

5. elbeik

elbeik Mar 21, 2016

It's not only the red jet that's raising red flags...

Calibre11 likes this.
  6. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Mar 21, 2016

Sorry, the jury is not still out, it's been tried and convicted as a fake. It is sentenced to death by crushing (preferably by running over it with your car).:D

automobilia42 likes this.
  7. rlh1rontagheuer

rlh1rontagheuer Mar 21, 2016

What are the other signs? I love Tag Heuer but I am not at all an expert. The photos are bad but the watch is great shape: no dust or marks inside face and band is authentic. Eels time right on. Maybe something about the back I should be seeing? No numbers is my main clue to fake. I think the person who will see it this will will probably confirm it is fake but surprised first jeweler, TH dealer thought it was not fake. Thanks for the replies and looks like I'll just go buy my own. Being given this really sparked appreciation for the brand.

8. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 21, 2016

Bracelet is most certainly not authentic, the whole watch just looks sloppy and poorly made, the edges lack all definition and sharpness as its just cast metal, the dial bezel and hands are awful. Its trying to look like a Kirium but fails in every area imaginable.

9. imagwai

imagwai Mar 21, 2016

Yes, finishing is very poor compared to the genuine article. Also, the rotor engraving is what confirmed it for me.

10. akong71

akong71 Mar 21, 2016

I also don't like the look of the seconds hand. In TH watches with the lollipop seconds hand, the short end does not typically have a circle like the one in the photo indicates. I could be wrong, but I have yet to see it in TH watches.

11. automobilia42

automobilia42 Mar 21, 2016

Must be that Kirium GMT TAG Heuer never made...:D
    One word: FAKE, but the good news is that there are many interesting models for 2016 you can choose from to buy a proper one.
    Good luck!

12. Cobain

Cobain Mar 22, 2016

Kirium GMT with AN OPEN BACK. First thing for everything, you don't need an expert for this junk. throw it into the fires of Mordor.

13. akong71

akong71 Mar 22, 2016

...where the air you breathe is a poisonous fume...LOL. If you do take it to another "expert", please let us know what they tell you.