Forums Latest Members

What rubber strap can I fit to my watch?

1. CL_Tag

CL_Tag Dec 6, 2023

Hi all,

First post on here, so hoping I’m posting in the correct section.

I own a Carrera Automatic Calibre 5, model number
    WV211M-0 RPM5649. I bought it perhaps 10 years ago in the UK and have only worn it on its metal bracelet.

I’d like to swap the metal bracelet for a black rubber strap. I’m struggling to confirm what official Tag Heuer black rubber straps I could get fitted and was hoping for some guidance.

I visited an official Tag store today in Kuala Lumpur (I’m on holiday). They said it has a 20mm lug width and it can only take a leather strap. However, I’ve seen straps advertised such as the TAG Heuer BT0714 Formula 1 rubber strap that look like they’d fit. Can anyone advise if there are any options I can go for that are official Tag and not third party?

Please see photos that hopefully make the above clearer - thanks in advance!

Thanks!

IMG_0544.jpeg IMG_0545.jpeg IMG_0546.jpeg
  2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 6, 2023

Most likely they will tell you it can only be leather because TAG Heuer will only confirm straps that the watch or case was sold on. TAG are notoriously bad at this side of things. If it's 20mm lug to lug then I can't see why any 20mm wide rubber strap shouldn't fit. Whether it will look any good or not is another matter.

3. CL_Tag

CL_Tag Dec 12, 2023

Thanks a lot - I think I’ll have to buy a 20mm rubber strap and see how I go!

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 12, 2023